What has been the earliest you were allowed on ship

ladydi24

Earning My Ears
We have a 10:45 PAT but from post I've seen it seems they don't start loading ship till about 12 noon. Is this accurate ? I understand depending on the prior cruise but generally when does boarding begin?

We have a 10:45 PAT but from post I've seen it seems they don't start loading ship till about 12 noon. Is this accurate ? I understand depending on the prior cruise but generally when does boarding begin?

Typically they begin calling boarding numbers around 11:15-11:30 (sometimes a little earlier), with Open Boarding (anyone holding any boarding number) being announced around 12:30-12:45.

I'm not sure where you saw boarding begins about 12 noon, but that would be the case only if there were a delay in either getting the ship into port on time, or disembarkation problems for the cruise prior. A late embarkation start could also happen if the ship has a surprise inspection, or requires special cleaning due to any contagious illness issues on the prior cruise.

We had an 11-11:30 PAT on the Dream in 2013 and were onboard shortly after 11:30. We cruised on the Magic a couple of weeks ago and had the same PAT and boarding did not begin until 11:50. I don't know of a delay but it's possible that was the reason.

We have never seen boarding begin until after 11:30. Usual start-time for us has been around 11:45.

Normally, I've seen boarding start around 11:30. Sometimes a few minutes earlier or later.

We did the Fantasy MV and they started boarding at 11:00, but the ship had been sitting in PC for a few days after her final shakedown cruise, so there was no turnaround cleaning taking place. We were also allowed to go directly to our stateroom upon boarding.

Last week on the Dream LOTS of people showed up way early. We dropped off our luggage with the porters around 10. We had a PAT of 10:30 but didn't even get into the building (through security) until a few minutes after 11. By the time we checked in and checked on upgrades it was about 11:20. That is when they started calling boarding numbers. Within about 5 minutes they had called numbers 1 to 4. It was really fast and there were so many people boarding at once we skipped the pictures. We were sitting down eating at Cabanas by about 11:40. We got a good table by the window too. Within a few minutes the tables were full and people were walking around looking for a table.

FYI - Around 1:30 I realized I left our things for the characters to sign in the car and went back out to get it. It only took me about 15 minutes to get back on the ship v/s the hour I had to wait earlier.

My earliest time has been around 11:15am and my latest close to 12:15pm. I'd say on average for Port Canaveral my experience is around 11:30-11:45am.

Heather

ladydi24 ~ What ship are you going on? I've heard the classic ships begin boarding a little later than the Dream/Fantasy.

Last Saturday on the Dream we boarded (concierge) around 11:15. We were in our room with luggage at 12:40.

Last week on the Dream LOTS of people showed up way early. We dropped off our luggage with the porters around 10. We had a PAT of 10:30 but didn't even get into the building (through security) until a few minutes after 11. By the time we checked in and checked on upgrades it was about 11:20. That is when they started calling boarding numbers. Within about 5 minutes they had called numbers 1 to 4. It was really fast and there were so many people boarding at once we skipped the pictures. We were sitting down eating at Cabanas by about 11:40. We got a good table by the window too. Within a few minutes the tables were full and people were walking around looking for a table. FYI - Around 1:30 I realized I left our things for the characters to sign in the car and went back out to get it. It only took me about 15 minutes to get back on the ship v/s the hour I had to wait earlier.

Wow they actually let you leave the ship and come back on? I thought that was a no-no.

Last Saturday on the Dream we boarded (concierge) around 11:15. We were in our room with luggage at 12:40.

You were allowed in your room at 12:40pm? In my experience they've never removed the ropes before 1:30pm, sometimes even a little after.

New here...what is the concierge category?

The Concierge categories are V (Concierge Family Oceanview w/Verandah ), T (Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite w/Verandah), S (Concierge 2-Bedroom Suite w/Verandah) and R (Concierge Royal Suite w/Verandah).

Magic/Wonder have: T, S, R
Dream/Fantasy have: V, T, R

The Concierge categories are V (Concierge Family Oceanview w/Verandah ), T (Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite w/Verandah), S (Concierge 2-Bedroom Suite w/Verandah) and R (Concierge Royal Suite w/Verandah).

Magic/Wonder have: T, S, R
Dream/Fantasy have: V, T, R
Just curious, where does the "T" come from? Did they just pick a random letter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter