WHat happens if a discount code and you already have a room booked?

Alexsmommy

Earning My Ears
Will I be able to call back and ask for the rate to be adjusted? I want to book the GF for the middle of August, I know there is usually a discount offered at that time. Do you think I should call now and be able to change the rate later, or wait until the code comes out and hope I can get my preferred resort?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!!
Maria

I don't believe you can actually adjust the rate on an already booked room. If you book a room now and code rates come out later, you have to book a different room with those rates and then cancel your current one. Unless I have my heart set on a particular resort, I usually don't book ahead and just wait until the codes come out and see which resort has openings for the time I want to go. But, if you know you want the GF and you won't change your mind even if you can get a discount at some other resort, I think you should really book now at the best deal you can get -- just in case codes don't come out later or aren't available for the dates you want...

Just ask the room reservation agent to re-rate the room; if they can't do it then cancel the reservation you already have & re-book another one.

I once re-rated a room three times at the Chicago Hilton for my husband . . . a AAA rate for their concierge floor went from $194/night down to $142/night between when the res was originally made and his check in day; I would call periodically, ask what the rates were over his days and if they were lower, ask them to re-rate my existing reservation and they did it, three times. I work at a hotel and felt comfortable doing this.

:Pinkbounc

I have always booked at rack rate and then called and had the code applied to the room when they came out. Never have had a problem doing that.

I book room only reservations (not packages). I have never had a problem just adding the code to my exising reservation, but there are usually a limited amount of rooms available at the discounted rate, so when discount codes are released, call immediately. I don't know how it works with packages.

This is the ONLY way we do reservations. You book them at the normal rate....and when the reduced rates (in our case...AP rates) come out we have the rates applied to teh existing reservations. The CRO's never have an issue doing it!

I've reserved a room and changed the rate code up to 3 times with no problems. BTW If you call and the code you want is not available...keep trying ...it may become available.

The only time applying a code to an existing reservation (assuming there is availability at your resort with the code) is if you book a package, in that case, they have to cancel the original reservation, refund your money, and start another reservation. I applied the BBY code to my poly gv room reservation in March and then upgraded the reservation to gv concierge with no problem.

I booked a package for me and my family at POFQ at full rate - just hoping for a discount later on that I could apply. I was on Mousesaver.com a few days ago and found a discount code that could be applied to my package. I called and gave the discount code and asked that my package be re-rated. The code was applied without any questions and it ended up saving me almost $700.00 !! I was soooo excited!!

Good luck!
Charlie

:earsboy: :earsgirl: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter