What happens if a day late?

ktlm

DIS Veteran
So here is my dilemma. I got a pin code valid for the time we are going. Using the pin code, in order to get the room we have to book for a day earlier. Doing that, for about $250 more than our current reservation I get the resort we really wanted which was unavailable for any regular (non club) rooms when we booked, we get moved to club level, and we get an extra night. That is absolutely worth it for us. The problem is that I don't know with our schedules if we can get in that earlier day. What happens if we don't show up until the next day? I have zero problem spending the extra $250 to get the resort we want at club level, without having the extra day. I'm just worried about whether we would have a problem getting the room if we were a day late. Surely, with people having flight issues and flights cancelled, that happens quite a bit right? So anyone have any experience with showing up a day late? Any problems? I would like to try to get there to take advantage of the extra night- but if for some reasn we can't I still would rather use the pin code and just show up for our reservation a day late.

I believe that you will lose your reservation if you do not check in on the first day.

So here is my dilemma. I got a pin code valid for the time we are going. Using the pin code, in order to get the room we have to book for a day earlier. Doing that, for about $250 more than our current reservation I get the resort we really wanted which was unavailable for any regular (non club) rooms when we booked, we get moved to club level, and we get an extra night. That is absolutely worth it for us. The problem is that I don't know with our schedules if we can get in that earlier day. What happens if we don't show up until the next day? I have zero problem spending the extra $250 to get the resort we want at club level, without having the extra day. I'm just worried about whether we would have a problem getting the room if we were a day late. Surely, with people having flight issues and flights cancelled, that happens quite a bit right? So anyone have any experience with showing up a day late? Any problems? I would like to try to get there to take advantage of the extra night- but if for some reasn we can't I still would rather use the pin code and just show up for our reservation a day late.

What resort club level are you staying at? If you call the Disney travel company telling them you might be late by a day you should be okay. As long as you check in the next day but let them know. If staying club level ask the IPO office what is the phone number of resort club level you are staying and call before 10pm if you will be in next day. As long as they know you are still coming you should be okay. Good luck.

We had this problem back in 2005 our plane was delayed by a hurricane in Fl which affected us here in Va. We had to wait a day to get down there. I just called & told them and it was okay. In fact they offer us another day to stay longer if the air liner wouldn't charege anymore which they didn't

Good luck

I am wondering how this will play out as WDW gets rid of check in ... wouldn't it be possible that you never actually check in, your trip could come and go and no one would ever enter the room even.

If you do not check in on the day you are supposed to, your reservation will in fact cancel. It's not worth it.

We had a delay (winter storm) once. We called Disney to let them know and it was no problem for them. They did not charge us for the room on the day we missed. Having said that, I don't think it was a package and it was not on the cusp of any kind of deadline.

Travel delays caused by weather issues are not the same as possibly arriving a day later. What you are wanting to do is arrive a day after you have currently booked. If there is a special promotion that states that your stay must begin by a specific date, then you must start by that date. Imagine how many people would schedule things on the end of a promotion and then slide the date by a day or two. Disney is becoming tighter with respect start and stop of promotions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter