What happens do Dining ressies if I switch to a non-Disney hotel?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ajcolorado, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajcolorado

ajcolorado <font color=deeppink>lots of pokey crumbs in my cl

We're booked at Pop Century for Disney over Christmas but we're thinking about switching to a condo at Windsor Hills. I have my dining booked and my Disney reservation number is tied to the dining reservations. Will the dining reservations be cancelled automatically if I cancel my package/Disney hotel reservation?

Thank you.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tkldisney

tkldisney DIS Veteran

No, your dining is not linked to your room. You can cancel room and dining ressies will remain as is.

4. elaine and the boys

elaine and the boys DIS Veteran

How sure are you of this??? If so, then why does Disney ask for your reservation # when booking adrs?

5. Goofy&Sleepy

Goofy&Sleepy Mouseketeer

Disney will tell you that if you make a change that they understand it happens. Once the ressie is made, where you stay doesn't matter. They know it happens and are still getting the meal $$$ so they are very accommidating

6. nyz2004

nyz2004 Mouseketeer

I don't think your reservations will be cancelled. YUou can book dining without staying on property. I had one resevation before I booked my vacation package. It is still there.

7. HaleyB

HaleyB I am not a robot

I agree, I wouldn't count on it working in the future.

Talking about a loophole, work around, ways to abuse the system, or whatever you want to call it, here on the DIS is the surest way to bring it to Disney's attention.

You do understand that Disney holds back tables, right? Keep trying, they have not released all their tables yet for December. People cancel and some are kind enough to cancel their ADR's. If you look at the ADR cancel/trade threads you can see the trend. People start finding hard to get tables at the last minute. I know I saw several Le Cel openings open up for my dates (2 weeks from now) in the last few weeks (we got a late lunch).

Keep trying. It is the golden rule of ADRs.

8. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I personally wish that Disney wouldn't offer preferential treatment to onsite travelers when it comes to dining. Everyone has to eat and you're pretty captive when you're at a Disney park whether you're staying onsite or off. Some people can't afford to stay onsite, some have timeshares, some people are locals and so on. I guess that I just miss the days of dining not being so ridiculously complicated and competitive.

9. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.