• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Happened to the Thread of the Bride Whose Wedding was Moved? Or, what happened?

Why would people be negative? She was getting screwed over by Disney weddings. She only mentioned her over the top demands because she was that upset and paniced. The rest of the time, she was so calm and composed. I don't know why anyone would want to have their wedding at that chapel over the next several months under cranes, construction, and lagoon dredging. That sounds like a nightmare, not a romantic fairytale wedding. And those construction walls are claustrophobia inducing.

Maybe somebody can link to those construction plans again for the sake of future GF chapel brides.

Hope it works out for the brides from the other thread, both the one who was being asked to move venues and the one who was having her date moved with her wedding 8 days out.

Thanks for the support everyone. I did have a moderator pull the thread from this site. I just did not appreciate the negativity it had started to get and like you have all said, it turned from a thread of support to hatred and personal attacks on my character and how I'm handling the situation. Plus there were just flat out lies posted about the conversation I had with DFTW. It got out of control so I nixed it.

That said - we are hoping for a peaceful resolution tomorrow and I'll keep you posted. I'm still not very happy with how I've been treated by DFTW but since we are about 3 weeks away from the wedding there's not much I can do if I want to get married on 9.27.2011. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks again for all of your support! It has helped me so much this week!!

Thanks for the support everyone. I did have a moderator pull the thread from this site. I just did not appreciate the negativity it had started to get and like you have all said, it turned from a thread of support to hatred and personal attacks on my character and how I'm handling the situation. Plus there were just flat out lies posted about the conversation I had with DFTW. It got out of control so I nixed it.

That said - we are hoping for a peaceful resolution tomorrow and I'll keep you posted. I'm still not very happy with how I've been treated by DFTW but since we are about 3 weeks away from the wedding there's not much I can do if I want to get married on 9.27.2011. So we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm glad you'll keep us posted. :thumbsup2 Those of us who are on your side are concerned and curious and hoping for the best for you! Good luck tomorrow! :hug:

From a past Disney Bride to a future one, I wish you the best possible outcome in all of this.

Those people who just came on here to abuse the OP verbally should be VERY ashamed of themselves!!!

Not everyone can keep calm and think straight when they are stressed/upset/emotionally drained, good luck to them if they can as they must be perfect, but I know I cant as well as many millions of others in this world!

Personally I thought the demands and the op's attituide saying her life was ruined (or the such) were over the top, but I didnt say that because I used my brain to think about her feelings (it would have only taken them to use one brain cell to think before they post!), so I made a post saying that I was disgusted in DFTW and I hoped she'd get the best outcome for her. I didnt attack her verbally!!! I can imagine these people are just keyboard warriors - only coming onto a thread for an argument - its what makes their lives interesting!!

I hope you do get the best outcome, and no matter what it is be happy on your day, its a day you have saved for and planned hard for a while. While your saying your vows, enjoying the company of your guests, eating your first meal as husband and wife, cutting your cake & dancing during the party, try to forget about the hassle which has happened and enjoy that very moment!

Sweetie - I understand your reasons for pulling the thread. Remember that you have many supporters here!! Please do keep us informed as we will be thinking of you. Best of luck and I hope this all turns around and you have a magical wedding!!

Did they even discuss Swan Boat Landing with you as a site, or is that too early in the day? I thought my suggestion of them moving your ceremony there and comping any spa services you might lose was a good one, but hopefully they'll use their brains and figure out something. I wonder how your wedding planner and the director of Disney Weddings would feel if their wedding venues were moved 3 wks out.

I found this list of affordable wedding sites in Orlando for any future brides who want a destination wedding and to just hang at Disney with family and friends afterward. These places look pretty cool:

http://tptravel.hubpages.com/hub/10-Best-Wedding-Sites-in-Orlando

I didn't see the original thread, but I can't believe the hate and negativity you got, that's terrible on top of the crap Disney is giving you. I hope that come up with a fantastic solution for you and I'm so sorry you've gone through this and the way DFTW has handled it, it is disgusting and I think everyone hear knows that and supports you. I can't even imagine, I would have been soooo furious, as I'm sure you are and I'm within driving distance....:lmao:

Fingers crossed for you that they offer something perfect!

Hoping Disney resolves this and gives you the wedding you paid for in a location that you are happy with :goodvibes

Keep us posted here....we are all rooting for you :thumbsup2

OP: thanks for checking in! I'm so sorry about the negativity on your other thread. Please keep us updated!!

I've read this thread and the other one too and I totally support you. I truly hope your outcome is satisfactory and your day is beautiful and magical. I am the mother of a groom who's wedding is planned for January 2011. We just had our planning session last week and know about the problems that could occur, but decided to stick with the WP. When we walked inside, there was no turning back - it was just so beautiful. I told my son that if there is noise from construction beyond their control, it would be OK - nothing could spoil their day and the love they have for one another - there would be so much love and positivity in that room.

Have a magical wedding:

I can't believe people were attacking you.

I mean, it's not like you didn't know what was in your contract and you were shocked by a sudden charge for something not included or something. Disney moved your wedding 3 weeks out!

So supportive for you. I told DH about what's going on and he said that settles it, no 10 yr VR for us with DFTW in 2012. We want to do the Adventures By Disney Backstage Magic Tour in 2013 anyway so that saves more money for that.

He said to keep an eye on you and DFTW into the future and maybe we'll aim for our 15th anniv there. All he could say was he wasn't going through a nightmare again like we did with Hilton.

He agrees with me about not doing Swan and Dolphin VR though, it just doesn't feel Disney enough to us, so it's all or nothing.

Who knows maybe if things get fixed we'll still go for our 10th, but Backstage Magic Tour almost sounds better, lol.

Please keep us informed if you can about the resoltion. I have you in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Best of luck to you!! Hoping Disney does right for you - at a very minimum they need to refund you the difference if you do move locations. I would hope they would throw in many extras as well!!!

Why would people be negative?

Welcome to the Internet: Where even the most simple thing can cause an argument.

:grouphug:

Today's call went much better than yesterday. It definitely helped that I had that forum thread deleted because it was mentioned in today's conversation and they appreciated that I did that yesterday after it went viral. I can't divulge too many details but what came out of this was that we got the Disney customer service that we all have come to know and love. They were much more apologetic and willing to bend a little. We came to a good agreement and Jason and I are still leaving for our trip in 22 days!!!

I am absolutely exhausted and I haven't eaten in a very long time. I'm gonna get myself some Mickey D's for comfort food and then take a well deserved nap. I am SO glad I'm coming home tomorrow!!! :sohappy:

Thank you all SO much for your support. I'm sorry this happened but I'm glad it was handled to our satisfaction by DFTW.

Glad you're happy with your resolution. Are you still having your ceremony in the WP?

Today's call went much better than yesterday. It definitely helped that I had that forum thread deleted because it was mentioned in today's conversation and they appreciated that I did that yesterday after it went viral. I can't divulge too many details but what came out of this was that we got the Disney customer service that we all have come to know and love. They were much more apologetic and willing to bend a little. We came to a good agreement and Jason and I are still leaving for our trip in 22 days!!!

I am absolutely exhausted and I haven't eaten in a very long time. I'm gonna get myself some Mickey D's for comfort food and then take a well deserved nap. I am SO glad I'm coming home tomorrow!!! :sohappy:

Thank you all SO much for your support. I'm sorry this happened but I'm glad it was handled to our satisfaction by DFTW.

I am so happy that everything worked out for you :hug:

Disney may have their monumental screw ups (I know, my family has been on the receiving end of some HUGE ones!) but when they recover they do it beyond expectations.

I wish you and your fiancee a wonderful wedding day and much happiness in your marriage :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter