What happened to the reservation lines?

Cobra B.

Merrily on my way to nowhere at all
Is it just me or has the Reservations Line really become a terrible experience. I used to enjoy calling them. They would seem to show some interest in your trip and really work with you. Now all I get is canned answers and a total lack of interest. And their knowledge of what they are doing has been very unimpressive. :confused3

i think is really depends on who you get. I have called and basically almost felt like I was doing them a favor. Now other times I have had the best, working with me suggesting things and helping me make the most of my trip. Even finding out info that did not pertain to the reservation.

I have a friend who has a relavtive in resverations and has told me several times, that when a mgr hears someone not being friendly they are told and are given warning. They can only get a certain amount of warnings and you know what happens.

I had a great experience just two nights ago (thanks to "Goddess Monique"), and I can't recall ever speaking to someone less than enthused about their job. I see reports like this on here and I figure it must just be luck of the draw.

It is definitely luck of the draw! We have a big family reunion planned for this August, and I have called the reservation line numerous times, for various reasons. On some of my calls, I have spoken to really knowledgable, enthusiastic reps, and I have had some really poor reps on other calls. We have heeded the advice on these boards a couple of times and called back to get a new rep, in order to take care of something. This has always worked like a charm!

I agree that is a luck of the draw. When I originally called to make our reservation the guy I talked to was nice, but not very helpful. He didn't even give me my reservation confirmation number! He also added on an extra adult somehow. When I did a little research and realized I was paying $10 more per night than I should be I called back. The guy I talked to that time was awesome. Not only did he quickly figure out the problem and fix it, but he kept me entertained the whole time. He was hilarious! I sent Disney an email letting them know how lucky they are to have such a wonderful employee.

I have had great CM's each time I've called (many, many times, lol), one I couldn't get off the phone with, she kept giving me more and more info, joking, and she was just really great. I don't remember what her name was now, but I think I've been really lucky to get all great ones!

Sorry you didn't have the same experience.

It seems I can tell from their tone when they answer the phone.

I have to say I had a great guy today - Linus - I wanted to come in early to the Poly this weekend but only if I could get the same rate that I had - an AP rate.

Anyway he tried to do the whole reservation and couldn't do it so I suggested just the one night - he hadn't thought of it but wasn't adverse to trying it and it worked.

Liz

While planning my last trip I would have agreed with you and I am sure I mentioned it in a post or two.

But.....

This trip's planning has been terrific (knock wood)! I just finished up my 90 day ps's and all the cm's were terrific. Minimum hold time, informative and friendly.

Hope your next call is great!

TJ

After being messed up by an uncaring, incompentent, or just inexperienced CM a few times, if I don't feel confident they are going to be able to help me properly, I'll end the call after a quick price check or at any point after that if I don't feel it's going well. If you don't feel it's right for some reason, don't make the reservations. Make some excuse - you've got a call coming in, you have to check with your spouse, someone's at the door, whatever. Call back in 10 minutes or 2 days - chances are you will get someone more helpful.

You might also ask if you are talking to the CRO or WDW Travel. For whatever reason, I tend to have better luck with the CRO.

I haven't had an awful experience, but I've also never talked to a CM that was more than adequate. I'd love to get someone with some personality.. the people I talk to seem like robots! But I've always had the correct reservation, which is the most important thing.

I think it its luck of the draw, however I have not had a bad experience with the reservation line. I called yesterday to pay my balance and the CM could not have been more helpful. I explained that its my husband birthday when we are there and she offered to put a special note on the reservation!

I had a bad experience with WDW travel and now I only deal with CRO.They have always been very good.Ask if they are CRO or not it does make a difference

I had a great experience just this week. And the funny thing is, I acutally talked to the same CM two days in a row. Now how likely is that when they have over 600 people working that job?

I have had better than average luck when calling CRO this trip!! It must be luck of the draw...

I've had both good and bad experiences but most the overwhelming majority have been GOOD:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter