What happened to Cruise Director Andy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammatt

Mouseketeer
Ok, so i'm confused. I returned last night, and was going to post this question. Then, I see a thread talking about it being a rumor he was fired. Last week on the Magic, Andy was around the first couiple of days. Then, he disappeared and we only heard from Assistant Cruise Director Ray. We wondered all week what happened to Andy, because he was amazing, and had talked about how he looked forward to meeting everyone. So, yesterday as we disembarked we asked the folks waving their yellow hands what happened to him. They were vague, but said that he was off the ship, but he'll do well wherever he goes because he is so wonderful. We were surprised to hear this, but still concerend, as we hope he's okay. Does anyone know?

I sure hope that's not true. We were just on the 9-16 to 9-23 double dip cruise and loved Andy.

We got home yesterday too and wondered the same thing. I wanted to ask, but never did, but we wondered the last half of the cruise where Andy went :confused3

DrCavin said:
This thread will answer your questions....

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1237400

Except, it doesn't answer my questions. That thread says it's a rumor he's ben fired. It may not be true that he's been fired, but I know he's gone. In fact, when we left the Magic yesterday, they were listing another person as Cruise Director on the screens in the lobby. :confused3

I truly hope if Andy is gone, its that he chose to move on to another exciting opportunity. He was great on our cruise (as I said) and he did have some "trainees" that we met at the end of the week. Remember the "sun" dance (for anyone reading this who was on the Aug Double Dip) ? Perhaps he was training his replacements? Hopefully all is well and he is happily moving on.

NO FLAMES HERE! PLEASE.........

We were on the Sep. 2-9 Eastern Magic and I do have to say on Tues. night when the Magician Aaron Radatz was on, I noticed Andy (in his uniform) was drinking a martini along with 3 other men in suits (but also had name tags on) and sitting in seats that could have been taken by guest.
I have to tell you that I have worked for Disney 2 times and my DH was a lead for many years and I know for a fact that when you have that Disney Uniform on you act in your best behavior. In my opinion when you are wearing a name tag you act appropriately and drinking a martini when you have your Uniform on is inappropriate.

I am not shocked at all that he was let go, his behavour was not Disney at all.
In fact it took all that I had not too go and let his superior know how he was acting, when I did speak to the CM's working on board, they said he wears a White Uniform and he can do whatever he wants. IMHO, If you have a white uniform on (like the captain) I would rather not see you drinking a martini.

Please again, no flames here this is just my opion, and everyone is entitled to one.

Again, the first two posters on that thread were the same person spreading a rumor. This thread is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter