• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Good Neighbor Hotels should I review in 2015?

ImTooExcitedToSleep

DIS Veteran
Staff member
In 2014, I reviewed 14 (FOURTEEEN!!!!) different hotels & motels for the DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast and DIS Blog.

Which places would you like me to visit in 2015?

As a reminder, here's were I went in 2014:
Quality Inn at the Park
Staybridge Suites
Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
Best Western Stovall's Inn
Motel 6
Fairfield Inn
The Anabella
Camelot Inn
Cortona Inn
Candy Cane Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Hyatt Place
SpringHill Suites
Hilton Garden Inn

I second Desert Inn. Also Ramada Maingate, and Tropicana. We like to stay at BWPPI so we already know this one, but I bet others would like to see it reviewed.

By the way, I really enjoy reading your reviews! Thanks for doing them. :)

Both Sheratons and Hotel Indigo (not sure if that's a good neighbor one).

Also, thanks for reviewing the two brand-new ones! :thumbsup2

In 2014, I reviewed 14 (FOURTEEEN!!!!) different hotels & motels for the DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast and DIS Blog.

Which places would you like me to visit in 2015?

As a reminder, here's were I went in 2014:
Quality Inn at the Park
Staybridge Suites
Residence Inn Anaheim Resort
Best Western Stovall's Inn
Motel 6
Fairfield Inn
The Anabella
Camelot Inn
Cortona Inn
Candy Cane Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Hyatt Place
SpringHill Suites
Hilton Garden Inn

How did you like Fairfield Inn?

We've stayed at the full service Marriott adjacent to the convention center a couple of times in the past. Would be interested in your take on it.

I'd love to see reviews on:

Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites (this has become our go-to off property resort.)

Howard Johnson Anaheim (this is the off property resort I recommend to people who want more of a resort feel and not just a clean bed and shower.)

Hilton Anaheim (haven't stayed here since the nineties)

Sheraton Anaheim (ditto)

Keep up the great work - I love reading the reviews! We love to splurge at stay at the 3 official DL hotels but it's not always in the budget. In fact, the next time we go to CA it's going to be a day trip only so we can afford to eat at Carthay Circle Restaurant!

Double Tree Suites by Hilton (Convention Center)...we are staying there this Feb/March :banana:

Thanks for doing this! I love hearing your reviews. I'd like to suggest:
Desert Palms Hotel & Suites and Best Western Plus Park Place Inn

Hilton Anaheim (haven't stayed here since the nineties)

It's really nice; you should stay there.

No one ever mentions Ramada Plaza. We like that place. Just so happened I didn't get to eat their breakfast during our stay over the Half marathon weekend, so I didn't get to compare it to what it was before. DS and DH didn't care for the breakfast.

But that doesn't mean it's a bad place. Far better, IMO, than Maingate! (and it's a proper hotel, not motel)

Best Western Anaheim Inn. Everyone talks about BW Park Place Inn, but never about BW Anaheim Inn. I'm curious why?

Any of the motels walking distance from the entrance. Those are the ones I see asked about most often on the boards. PPBBI, Park Vue, Tropicana, Carousel, Ramada Maingate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter