What gives you the right( is just a title nothing else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm8

<font color=blue>Half of the time we're rushing ar
I just finished reading some of the post here today, and it left me SMH. I believe that I know the fundamentals for this board being erected, and for that we are all grateful,

I am lost for words at this moment, so please excuse me if I come off sounding rude, but Have you ever once took a step back and read what you posted before replying to someone's cry for help?

What if this board was all some body had and they came here seeking some sort of guidance and found the very thing they were trying to escape could you live with yourself knowing that the very words you spoke to them was the last thing they ever read since YOU pushed them over the edge? COULD YOU ?

Some of us out here are ok financially, some of us are crying at night because we don't know how our bills are going to be paid and maybe we could not afford to buy groceries and our light bill is past due and scheduled for disconnect. Not one of us knows what kind of issues we are all dealing with and yet everyone has an opinion on what someone should or should not do with their "issues" rather that be when to go on vacation, what kind of car they can afford to drive, who is living rent free for a certain amount of years, who was able to take a vacation and not be" able to afford it", who did not feed their kids a hot meal tonight, some body went to bed with a sink full of dirty dishes, some body can't spell correctly, my kids are better than yours, You can't possibly have problems because "my problems are bigger than your problems" and if you haven't been through what I have, then you need to suck it up and do what I DID, because what I CHOSE TO DO was this,that and the third.:sick:

Who in the world do some of us think we are? Do you want to be talked at? talked about? belittled? Blasted for asking because you did not know? Accused of being highly un-educated because you did not structure a sentence and or paragraph correctly? What about being made to feel inadequate? Some of the post that I have seen here lately would more than suggest that not only are some of us in need of help.

We don't post things here for YOU to come and feel free to say what ever you think is correct and what everyone else says is wrong. Life is too short.Some of these replies to post makes it seem like we have the right to say whatever comes to mind and not think twice about what we put out here. People, my fellow dissers, STOP and think about how your post could really do someone damage. There is so much, anger, frustration, jealousy, confusion, and hurt on this board that I could bottle it up and sell it as a fragrance since it seems "everyone" is wearing it and well might I add.:sad1:

I did not write any of this for anyone to respond to negatively, If you have something positive to say feel free to post, if this leaves you seething in your bones, than feel free to not post any response. I did not start this thread to attack anyone, just wanted to vent how I was feeling.

Ps, I think we need to get back to practicing the saying............."if you can not say anything nice, positive, or uplifting, then learn to say nothing at all.

Okay, I feel better now, thanks for letting me get this off my chest, :rolleyes1

PSS, and please no popcorn::, this is not a movie and we are not waiting for drama to unfold:eek:

love, CM8

not being Judgmental of the judgmental either..................... and although I have no words at first, I did find them while typing....

You go, girl. Kudos to you. You've said everything that I've wanted to say lately, and I know it took a lot of courage to do so. Go you. :hippie:

Well said and most needed! People need to know that while they can hide under the cloak of anonymity the internet gives them the basics of the kind of person they are always is exposed.

I just finished reading some of the post here today, and it left me SMH. I believe that I know the fundamentals for this board being erected, and for that we are all grateful, but If the "God" you served stopped by and actually read some of these post, I think he or she would be offended.

I am lost for words at this moment, so please excuse me if I come off sounding rude, but have you posters lost yall minds? Have you ever once took a step back and read what you posted before replying to someone's cry for help?

What if this board was all some body had and they came here seeking some sort of guidance and found the very thing they were trying to escape could you live with yourself knowing that the very words you spoke to them was the last thing they ever read since YOU pushed them over the edge? COULD YOU ?

Some of us out here are ok financially, some of us are crying at night because we don't know how our bills are going to be paid and maybe we could not afford to buy groceries and our light bill is past due and scheduled for disconnect. Not one of us knows what kind of issues we are all dealing with and yet everyone has an opinion on what someone should or should not do with their "issues" rather that be when to go on vacation, what kind of car they can afford to drive, who is living rent free for a certain amount of years, who was able to take a vacation and not be" able to afford it", who did not feed their kids a hot meal tonight, some body went to bed with a sink full of dirty dishes, some body can't spell correctly, my kids are better than yours, You can't possibly have problems because "my problems are bigger than your problems" and if you haven't been through what I have, then you need to suck it up and do what I DID, because what I CHOSE TO DO was this,that and the third.:sick:

Who in the world do some of us think we are? Do you want to be talked at? talked about? belittled? Blasted for asking because you did not know? Accused of being highly un-educated because you did not structure a sentence and or paragraph correctly? What about being made to feel inadequate? Some of the post that I have seen here lately would more than suggest that not only are some of us in need of help.

We don't post things here for YOU to come and feel free to say what ever you think is correct and what everyone else says is wrong. Life is too short.Some of these replies to post makes it seem like we have the right to say whatever comes to mind and not think twice about what we put out here. People, my fellow dissers, STOP and think about how your post could really do someone damage. There is so much, anger, frustration, jealousy, confusion, and hurt on this board that I could bottle it up and sell it as a fragrance since it seems "everyone" is wearing it and well might I add.:sad1:

I did not write any of this for anyone to respond to negatively, If you have something positive to say feel free to post, if this leaves you seething in your bones, than feel free to not post any response. I did not start this thread to attack anyone, just wanted to vent how I was feeling.

Ps, I think we need to get back to practicing the saying............."if you can not say anything nice, positive, or uplifting, then learn to say nothing at all.

Okay, I feel better now, thanks for letting me get this off my chest, :rolleyes1

PSS, and please no popcorn::, this is not a movie and we are not waiting for drama to unfold:eek:

love, CM8

You must be new to the CB. Telling other people how they should live their lives seems to be an epidemic here.

People are free to have differing opinions, God knows I do from time to time, but when people think their opinion is the only valid one it is a bit annoying but, it is what it is.

Of course expecting everyone to agree with you is in effect saying your opinion is the only right one and you don't accept the opposing viewpoint.

In the end if you put anything out publicly on a forum with thousands of users you have to expect contradictory POV's, it is the way it works.

Wow, I must have missed out on a nasty thread.
I am posting on your thread just to say that I know what you mean about people coming here to seek comfort or guidance. I have had to do that since Wednesday of this week. I've had some major issues, spilled some drama to Dis strangers and was treated so kindly. I mean, seriously. People did not judge me, they comforted me and I really needed it. I know that sounds weird to seek comfort from strangers on a message board, but this has been a rather lonely week for me and I have had no one to talk to. I have been on this board for a few years (had another screenname before this one) and I have never had to seek solice from the Dis in all this time. So I know it seems like some people have to pick everything and everyone apart, I just want you to know there are some really kind-hearted souls on here too. :hug:

And thank you to those of you who have been so kind...I made it through the week with your help, guys. :lovestruc

What is SMH?

I don't really care what SMH is. If you post on a public board, get ready to accept whatever the heck anyone else writes. You may not like it, but if someone was were silly enough to NOT put on their bullet-proof vest when they wrote asking for whatever, then they need to get off the internet boards.

Some of the stuff that gets posted on here is absolutely stupid.

No idea what is going on...but the report a post button exists for a reason. If you feel someone is out of line--then report it.

And if one solicits opinions, be prepared that not all opinions will be what you want them to be.

It doesn't give people the right to be a jerk about it....but it doesn't make someone a jerk if they disagree with you or even if they are offering a reality check.

People are free to have differing opinions, God knows I do from time to time, but when people think their opinion is the only valid one it is a bit annoying but, it is what it is.

This ridiculous "you put it out there" garbage is the biggest cop out as an excuse to be a jerk.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

At least there's an ignore feature here.. Use it to the fullest - and your DISing experience will be a whole lot more pleasant..:goodvibes

Life is too short to waste your time reading things that are posted for the sole purpose of being mean spirited..

I'm sorry, but it's kind of funny that everyone is already arguing on this thread!:rotfl:

It's human nature and it will never, ever change. Right or wrong, doesn't matter.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

At least there's an ignore feature here.. Use it to the fullest - and your DISing experience will be a whole lot more pleasant..:goodvibes

Life is too short to waste your time reading things that are posted for the sole purpose of being mean spirited..

Until people quote the person you ignored. Then it's like..DOH!!! I can still see them. (meant to include LOL!!! B/c that happened to me once. )

Well, we used to have a debate board. That helped people vent on another forum. So if you weren't interested in debating, you stayed away. (Or you posted something really stupid, got flamed with third degree burns, and you ran to the CB and never went back.:rolleyes1) Then they took that away, so the debaters came around the CB looking for something to do. And the political, controversial, and religious threads came with them. Then the political and religious threads were banned, so people disappeared or morphed into a different kind of debater. Then a lot of the CB joined in on it. Now you can just tell by the first post if it's gonna be a dogfight or not. And anyone who is up for it comes around.

This is what the CB has become, in between the happy, funny, fluffy stuff. But even those can go along merrily and someone has to come in and get all serious, then that all goes terribly wrong.

I don't have any answers. I have been here for 6 years and these are just my observations. I admit, sometimes I like to lurk on a thread that is just ripe for an argument. It's like a train wreck, I can't look away.

It's the anonymity. People hide behind their created online personas and behave in a way and say things that are not only completely out of line but likely things they would never ever dare to do or say out loud in person. I like to think of it as cowardice, AND I am not afraid to say that I've stooped to that level a time or two. Not PROUD of that, but realistic. I generally try not to join in dog-piles and feeding frenzies.

But I am intelligent enough to disseminate when i poster is just venting or reaching out for support, vs asking for legitamate solutions to their problems. It's almost ALWAYS the former, and that's fine too.

I agree with 99% of what you are saying, only two exceptions. One being spelling and grammar that leaves you clueless as to what the original message was...that can be really bad grammar & spelling, or random language that reads like you dragged out the thesaurus or are trying to add words for a college paper. I don't say anything, but I don't read their posts either....it's like decoding another language sometimes.

The other is when people ask for advice and really what they need to do is stop what they are doing and move in a different direction; that's usually people in deep financial poop that don't want to really work at it but unfortunately there is no magic want that fixes debt (if somebody finds one I would love to get rid of my mortgage :thumbsup2 )....but even then pointing out they did it to themselves doesn't help, suggesting change nicely is possible.

Okay one more exception lol...people who have been complaining about their situation for YEARS and doing nothing are agravating, but even I manage to keep my thougts between me and my DH who listens to me update what's going on now from the couch :headache::scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter