• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What gift are you most excited to Give this year?

Last year was the first year I'd really given anybody meaningful gifts for Christmas. Up until then I'd always been too young or in a financial place that wasn't really conducive to gift giving. After last year though I really caught the gift-giving bug and spent tons of time trying to find the "perfect gift" for everyone in my family. This year was also cool because about 5 months ago I found the world of PerkTV and Swagbucks and I paid for about 2/3 of the stuff all by myself(I'm a full-time student so I don't currently work) and it felt good to know that not only did I pick out the present, but I heavily contributed to buying them as well.

I ended up getting a ton of stuff for most people but I have one or two gifts for each person that I'm really proud of. For DH, I got an awesome Black Friday deal at Staples on a nice desk chair. It was almost 50% off. He works from home and up until now has been using a crappy low end computer chair. Since he spends 12 hours a day in it he really needs a better chair, but he doesn't like to spend money on himself.

For my dad, I got a custom puzzle. He recently decided that he wanted to start doing puzzles so I made a collage out of pictures and got a 1000 piece puzzle made out of it. I figure that after he finishes it, he can glue it together and hang it on the wall.

My mom was probably the hardest one to buy for this year but I just happened to look at Amazon's lightning deals leading up to Black Friday and there was one about to start the next day for a shiatsu massage pillow. She's always trying to get people to rub her back so I thought this would be perfect for her and it had really good reviews. What made it even better was the lightning deal was almost 50% off.

My sister was the easiest to buy for because she's a lot like me when I was her age, so I just think about what I would have wanted. My favorite gift for her is a toss-up between the Skyrim t-shirt I bought her, because for a video game as large as that one, it's shocking how little merchandise there is available, and the WWE blanket I got her. Last year I got my dad this huge Steelers blanket because he's tall and I always feel bad for him because whenever he uses a normal blanket either his shoulders or his feet stick out. Well what I didn't anticipate is that the rest of my normal size family would decide that was the best blanket in the world and he still ends up stuck with a tiny blanket half the time. Well my sister and I both love wrestling and I was able to find a giant blanket with several wrestlers on it for really cheap so hopefully now there will be less fights over my dad's blanket.

Oh I thought of one more gift I'm proud of. Well technically it's three but they go together. These are wrapped and under the tree but everyone already knows about them but I'm still proud of them. My DH, my sister and I go bowling every week together. We all enjoy it and we enjoy spending time together. We're all starting to reach the point where we're not going to get any better using the house balls so I've bought all three of us our own bowling balls. I can't wait until we can get them drilled and can go bowling with them.

Wow this post ended up being way longer than I intended.

I just bought my DD17 a picture from Kirkland's. It wasn't expensive, but it is something I think she will really like. It says, "You are my Sunshine". I think she will love it. I hope she will take it to college with her. I think I am going to buy a card and write something in it to go with it.

So this year my favorite gift to give is for my oldest son (he's 8 years old). He rides and competes on his horse and in November during his awards banquet they had a bunch of raffle prizes. 1 of those raffle prizes was a pillow made out of ribbons. He wanted that pillow. When he didn't win the pillow he was devastated. Anyways I went online and found someone that can make the pillows. So I sent a bunch of his ribbons that he won from the year and she made the pillow for me. I am super excited to give him that gift. I can't wait to see his reaction!

My DH likes whiskey so I have had a bottle blended especially for him from a Scottish distilery. You get to name the bottle and design the label too. My parents have got him a set of really nice wiskey glasses to go with it. He is really hard to buy for so I am looking forward to giving him this.

discount dance has the floors, and a lot of other cool stuff too--like socks that look like pointe shoes, some weird torture device looking thing that hooks over a door to help with stretching, and turn boards. (can you tell where I shopped this year!)

LOL. Yeah. We have the band. Not that one, but the "ballet band". Flexibility is her week spot.

We had professional photos taken of us and DD earlier this year. Obviously we're giving some of those photos as gifts. There were 3 somewhat similar photos of DD I especially liked. One is normal, one has her sticking out her tongue, and one has her covering her eyes (from the camera flash). I worked on them in photoshop and made them B&W. Then I put them in a row next to each other and had them imported onto coffee mugs. I have one on my desk at work, because it was too cute to part with. The other 3 are going to her grandmas.

A little Disney something from Pandora, can't be too descriptive as she might see this. She already saw a receipt from there so she is expecting something, maybe I should hold out until next Christmas :)

It sounds mundane, verging on thoughtless, but we're giving cheques to each of our daughters. These are in addition to their other gifts. We received an unexpected inheritance a couple of weeks ago. And each of the girls has incurred unexpected, large expenses recently. They may not be mindblowing presents, but I think they'll be mind relieving ones.

It sounds mundane, verging on thoughtless, but we're giving cheques to each of our daughters. These are in addition to their other gifts. We received an unexpected inheritance a couple of weeks ago. And each of the girls has incurred unexpected, large expenses recently. They may not be mindblowing presents, but I think they'll be mind relieving ones.
How wonderful. I'll bet your daughters will be very happy.

I am most excited about surprising the kids with their first ever trip to disney and universal studios.....have kept it a secret since august and it is killing me....I haven't been this excited for christmas in a long time.....:santa:

Tickets to see the LA production of Wicked to our DS and his new GF. We really like her and want to "invest" in their relationship.

I got my son a smartwatch that will sync with his phone. Most of his presents are things from a list I asked him to make, but this will be a cool surprise.

I had to google that one. :rotfl2: Who is the lucky recipient?

DS12. His stocking will contain, among other things, the yodeling bacon and a new Android smartphone, which is an upgrade for him from one of our old slider phones. I think the new phone will get the bigger reaction, but I just love the yodeling bacon and have been very excited about gifting it since I found it!

DH is getting a bacon air freshener for his car, and DS8 is getting bacon flavored candy canes. All found on a website I found out about here on the Dis.....Archie McPhee. Too late for the holidays this year, but keep it in mind for next year and for birthdays. Absolutely hysterical and unique stuff!

Gotta go now.....loading up Prep & Landing to watch with the family!

Oh my god, Archie McPhee is the greatest website I've ever seen. Silently cursing the OP of that... So glad I didn't see this a month ago.

I feel like I failed at jaw-dropping gifts for my DFi this year. I know he'll love what I got him, but it's nothing spectacular...

I did hand embroider personalized dice bags for our D&D group, and they were so appreciative! That was an awesome feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter