What for 18 year olds to do?

princess.chell

<font color=blue>ǝɯ oʇ uǝddɐɥ sıɥʇ pɐɥ ʇsnɾ ı<br><
I'm thinking about asking for a cruise for my high school graduation present, if my family can swing it. I would love to do a Disney cruise. But I'm worried that I wouldn't find enough to do on board. Same with my 16 year old brother. Has anyone cruised with kids me and my brother's age? If so, what did they do? Teen club? Hang out at the pool? :confused3

18 year olds who are still in high school or recent graduates who haven't started college yet are allowed to participate in the teen program. I took a group on the 7 night Western for high school graduation last year. 18s can also choose to do any/all adult things except be served alcohol. Together, the brothers can do the family pool, sports deck, etc. There is also a "college club" which sometimes functions better than other times. On our December cruise I made DD go a couple times--she was the only person there except the CM on two occasions. It is a 1/2 hour get together in the evening with the hope that they will move over to the adult stuff in Diversions...and a couple lunches with CMs.

As I see it, the biggest issue will be whether they want to hang together or the 18 year old will want to do adult things while the 16 year old can't.

Interestingly, one of our guests complained that there was more to do on RCCL. Interesting especially because she NEVER went to any of the teen activities on the Magic, but then complained that they weren't any fun. Oh well.....

Hi!
My son also got a Disney Cruise for his birthday/graduation present. He turned 18 when we sailed. As PP stated, 18 year olds who are still in high school or haven't started college are allowed to go to The Stack BUT....

The counselors at the stack told my son that he had to choose whether he'd participate in the stack activities during the week or he would hang out with the College Club kids (18-22), he couldn't do both. After visiting the stack, he decided to hang out with a group of friends he met at the College Club meet. They did a TON of stuff together, played basketball, went to the movies, went to the adult pool. One day, Dave, one of the CM's told them that he was organizing a pool game and they all BETTER be there, it was a lot of fun for them.
At night they went to the lounges and watched the shows and then they all hung out on deck 9.

Allowing 18 year olds in the stack is up to the counselors (this is what DCL told me), but the chances are good, specially if you want to hang out with your brother.
That said, he won't be able to join you in the adult pool or in the lounges after 9 p.m. but if you like the activities in the stack, you are all set. There are also a ton of other activities you guys can participate in. It all depends what you like.

Have fun!

I've cruised as a graduation present when I was 18 years old in 2006. I always cruised when I was 19 years old, 20 years old, and 21 years old and I'm going back this month and will turn 22 years old on the ship. In 2006 I could have gone to the stack since I didn't start college yet, but I had met a friend here on the disboards so I went to the college club which is a great way to make friends. Some of the cruises I have been on haven't had much of a college club, the two on the Wonder and one on the Magic, but I met other people in Rockin' Bar D on the Magic and Wavebands on the wonder so I had people to talk with. Lots of fun I think best times of my life:cool1::thumbsup2

Yes, the CM in The Stack told DD the same thing about needing to make a choice between doing Stack things and doing adult things and that she couldn't do both.

Her comment to me was that there was no way for anyone from The Stack to know where she was at night if she wasn't there, and if she chose to go to an adult show with her parent they couldn't stop her. Her comment again--you just have to be smart enough to not talk about adult stuff in The Stack. In reality, I think she only went up there once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter