• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what food is your biggest weakness?

Gregg

disney freak
For me, it's definitely M&Ms. I could eat'em all day long.

Although last weekend (before I started WISH), I tried one of those new McGriddle breakfast sandwiches at McDonald's. Egg, cheese and sausage between bascially 2 pre-syrupped pancakes!

Those things are beyond evil. {insert Homer Simpson gurgling noise here}

What's funny about the M&Ms is that I live about 5 miles from M&M Mars where they make them! I can't imagine working there ... I hear they have them out in dishes for free.

Gregg

Good thing you don't work there, what torture that would be for you :eek:

I know that if I ever eat refined carbohydrates again, that I would trigger my addiction :rolleyes: I hope I never do that.

All foods were my weakness before I began following the Atkins nutritional plan. When I was eating a low fat diet, my favorite treat was fat free pretzels :rolleyes: Little did I know that all of the refined carbs in those babies caused me to be even hungrier.

I'm pretty happy with the foods that I'm eating now. I've discovered a lot of things about my appetite. I've learned that I don't really <i>want</i> hot rolls, that I ate them before because they were there, not because I was hungry for them. I've learned that I don't really want croutons on my salad, I just ate them because they were there. Kind of pathetic, huh?

So far, since I gave up refined carbohydrates on January 9, I have not wanted a food that I can't have. I don't know what will happen once I get out of ketosis. I'll have to worry about that when I get there. Right now I'm very happy to have to force myself to eat because I'm just not hungry. I really like this ketogenic stuff :teeth:

Howdy there neighbor!!
well almost neighbor. Mine is usually chocolate, any kind of chocolate, but I have a lot of control over it, if I think this is not good for me, I have enough willpower to just walk away from it. That has always been a good thing for me. I can have 10 people eating chocolate around me, and I won't touch it.

Pasta. I'm 1 1/2 weeks into Atkins, and it's the only thing I miss. I haven't had sugar cravings but I dream of pasta. I'm sure this will pass with time.

Anything containing sugar - I am on Atkins and I cant have it!!
Also Bread. I miss bread:( I cheated and had a slice today - with honey on too:eek:

All food is my weakness! :) The things I dream about, though, and will usually have on a scheduled cheat night are: Fresh, crispy, warm, salty corn tortilla chips with delicious fresh salsa from Chevy's, along with their FRESH and chunky guacamole and an on the rocks tangy margarita (hold the salt). I'm going into a Homer Simpson coma just thinking about it... d'oh!

i think everything you guys have already mentioned are my weaknesses!

Yeast rolls,milk duds(actually almost anything with choc. or caramel) and giant baked potatoes(and my mashed potatoes)

When I first read this post I thought "there isn't any ONE food that is a weakness."

Then I made dinner for the kids! Dh is on call tonight and we usually have crepes when he's on call. That's what I made tonight. And, let me tell you.....a nice warm, thin, crepe with butter (REAL butter!) jam and reddi-whip on it.....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

But this time instead of eating (gasp) 8-10 of them, I ate 4 or 5. Lost count, but I know it wasn't TOO much as right now I'm not having my usual "post crepe" overeating symptoms!

So my weakness....crepes....

But tonight, as I THOUGHT of eating more crepes, I thought "am I willing to give up my *7 days cheat free clippie* for another crepe??"

Thank you WISH board friends!!!

Chocolate(m&ms are high on the list, along with kisses, & hugs), and pasta. I just cant stop eating either one once I start.

Originally posted by CamColt
I just cant stop eating either one once I start.

Ok, put THAT way, I also have a weakness for spaghetti. Not some fancy home made recipe....Ragu Mushroom flavor heated up --over noodles --with freshly grated parmesan cheese. And garlic bread--texas toast--with cheese.

I've gotta go. I'm GAINING weight reading my post!!!!

FRENCH FRIES- hot just out of the vat of oil with that fine sprinkle of salt and of course a dumping of ketchup all over them.
I took the kids to lunch today- of course ALL kids meals at restaurants seem to have fries with them- but I abstained from the sandwich fry combo and got a grilled chicken salad- but I still could not avoid sneaking 3 fries from my daughter- it's very rare that I could avoid a fry if it's hot and salty!
Tara

Sigh (because I haven't had either of these for awhile and I love them)
1. Pizza
2. French Fries (with ketchup or malt vinegar)

More sighs...

Linda

Popcorn
Bread
Potatoes
Pasta

All of these are weaknesses for me. :rolleyes:
Right now my food goal is to reduce the carbs in my diet. It is not an easy thing for me to do that.

The good news is that my sweets cravings are almost nonexistent these days. :teeth:

Wow! I agree with several of the posts that say it's hard to pick just one thing. When I started Atkins I knew I wouldn't be able to eat bread and thought I would be ok. Well, three weeks has passed now and I realize that I can not go the rest of my life without eatting bread of some kind. I mean come on - I live in Philly - home of the hoagie, cheese steak (wit), and soft pretzels. Also, I'm a great baker and can't stop that just because I need to lose weight and can't not try what I've baked. I'll just have to take a small piece, I guess and bake a little less often.

Candy is another weakness for me. Anything tart or sweet, not so much chocolate (only really like dark anyway).

I don't think I actually have a food that is a weakness, since I don't really crave anything. Sometimes I will have a mishap, but it is not because I was craving the food, it is because it was right in front of me and I couldn't control myself!:p

Ice cream, definitely ice cream. And the real stuff, not frozen yogurt or sugar free. Pure sugary heavenly ice cream :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter