What food can I take through security check?

TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum

Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum?
I read the TSA site re: 3-1-1 & liquids, but can anyone tell me if I can take a sandwich packed from home through airport security?

We have to leave for the airport before the crack of dawn & rather than buy some crappy airport breakfast, can I take a sandwich & piece of fruit to eat while waiting to board?

Thanks - we don't fly very often - can you tell ;)

Yes, you can, but you'll either need to put the mayonaise or mustard on it beforehand, or else put one of those little packets in your 3-1-1 bag. You can carry a peanut butter sandwich through, but not a jar of peanut butter. Fruit is not a problem.

Yes, a sandwich is fine even with condiments as a pp mentioned. I always pack a meal for myself and my dd's when we travel in a soft sided cooler.

I put in sandwiches or bagels, fruit (usually grapes), crackers and other snacks and frozen baby carrots for an ice pack. Then I purchase our drinks after security and pop them in the cooler. This way we have resealable drinks and don't have to wait on the FA.

Thank you so much for replying:) I will pack everyone a ham, cheese & egg sandwich minus the egg then :laughing: I'd much rather have this at the airport at 7am than to try to try to eat bfast at home before we leave.

I always bring a couple of empty water bottles through security, then fill them at a water fountain. I add lemonade packets and we have drinks before they serve them on the plane.

You can bring a soft sided cooler with frozen veggies to keep it cool, as mentioned above. Our next trip will be a crack-of-dawn flight, then a very short layover, then a 5+ hour flight. I'm planning to bring bagels and creamcheese (already spread on the bagels) and sandwiches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter