What flowers do you like to have around the house?

AlisonB

<font color=990000>Bonzo's DW!!<br><font color=blu
I love all flowers, but in Spring there's something about a vase of daffodils that really is a cheerful sight!

What does everyone else like?

I love daffs too, always try to have some when they're in season. Aslo I just love to see the first cherry blossom - then I just know that spring's on the way.

I have to agree with you Alison Daffodil's are a real sign that spring is here, i also love lilies, i even had them in my wedding bouqet SP!!

Eda

I have to agree with you Alison Daffodil's are a real sign that spring is here, i also love lilies, i even had them in my wedding bouqet SP!!

Eda

I love tulips
We have lots of flowers in our garden ones that flower differents time of the year
i always try to have some of them displyed in the house :)

Daffodils, Narcissus and Freesia - put them in a vase and the aroma and fragrance is wonderful :)

I love Freesia too...:) The smell is lovely when you walk in a room with freesia in it.
Unfortunatley I dont get flowers too often, only on special occasions. i.e Mothers Day;)

.....and guess who bought the flowers!

....At least I know which side my bread is buttered :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I don't really go for cut flowers. I'd rather see them in the garden.

...... I like having plants in the house - particularly unusual or interesting plants such as orchids...... for our wedding anniversary, DH has bought me a Meyer's Lemon!! It is evergreen and is covered in buds which should produce heavily scented flowers and LEMONS!!!
I prefer daffodils in the garden too but I love to have a vase or two of assorted flowers on the house.
Are there are any flowers or plants you "don't get on" with or dislike? I have a big problem with chrysanthemums :D

I just love Irises, but they never seem to last very long. I think they are beautiful though and buy them often.

I don't like very heavily scented flowers, Lilys seem to be the worst, as they give me a headache, but other than that I am happy to receive any flowers.

Bev

Yep i love to have flowrs around the house especially carnation or roses, but my two darling ***** cats love the flowers to.

In fact they love them so much that they eat them and pull the out of the vase then nock the vase over what treasures they are.

So although i love fresh flowers ive got dried flowers in a vase on my bay window which are nearly ***** cat proof.

I had deep red roses and yellow fresias in my wedding boquet wich looked gorgeus, ive got a couple of crocuses which have appeared out of no where in the backgarden as well.

Have a good day

Tracey

Any flower will do so long as they are not red or carnations!

I do not buy cut flowers very often but I love spring flowers so I will just have to get some lovely daffodils on my next visit to the shops. DH is very good and I receive lovely bouquets on my birthday each year....he even makes sure that the colours are my favourite ones....ahhhh! ;)

Shirley, not a flower but I have a very sick looking ivy in the corner of this room! Love the sound of your Meyers lemon plant - do you need somewhere like a conservatory to keep it in or will it grow anywhere?

Wendy:)

I bought some daffs for my desk in honour of St. Davids day on 1st March and they're still looking good. I love them but my favourite has to be Lillies.

Annmarie

I love tulips and lilies but unfortunately like Tracey our cat (Nick) loves flower (re)arranging and will take them all out of the vase and then knock the vase over. :rolleyes:

Christine

I adore flowers, in the garden or in the house! I love those hand-tied bouquets, especially when they include unusual bits and bobs such as berries and striking foliage. Dh knows to tell them NOT to include carnations or cysanths - I don't really dislike them, but I think a lot of florists use them as padding because they're cheap. My grandfather used to grow those great big show cysanths (like huge balls) and they were gorgeous.

I'd like to be a florist.

My post isn't showing on the topics board. Maybe bumping it will work.

My post isn't showing on the topics board. Maybe bumping it will work......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter