What flat iron would you recommend?

dumboiu

DIS Veteran
I need a very good flat to make my curly hair straight and silky smooth. I would appreciate any and all of your suggestions!

One word.

Chi

http://www.folica.com/brands/chi/flat-irons

that's their website, but if you have an Ulta store near you, they usually have them for much cheaper.

They are great quality and will last you a long time. I got my most recent one almost 4 years ago. Still just as awesome as the first day I used it!

HIGHLY recommend them!

Good luck!

Love my Solia! Also got it from the folica.com website. And for what it's worth, my daughter and I have coarse, curly African-American hair and when we aren't wearing it in it's natural state, we flat iron it and it becomes extremely straight and silky. I love my kinky curly hair, but I also like to change it up every once in a while.

I had a Chi that finally bit the dust a couple of months ago (had it for about 5 years and used it daily). I bought DD one last year and it didn't seem as 'solid' as my old one. :confused3 When my Chi died I ended up going with a ghd and love it. The girl that cuts my hair uses a ghd and Babyliss so I figured I couldn't go wrong with either.

I had a Chi that finally bit the dust a couple of months ago (had it for about 5 years and used it daily). I bought DD one last year and it didn't seem as 'solid' as my old one. :confused3 When my Chi died I ended up going with a ghd and love it. The girl that cuts my hair uses a ghd and Babyliss so I figured I couldn't go wrong with either.

Chi used to be the best, but lately they have gone downhill. They just do not make them like they used to. Overproduction or whatever but the quality is gone. I had one that lasted 5 years. But with my most recent, I have had to use the warranty to replace them and the warranty is only for a year. I went through 3 in about a year and a half before finally giving up on CHI.

The babybliss is good if you have really thick hair, it was too hot for mine. I am currently using the Sedu and so far I like it.I also buy mine from folica.com

One word.

Chi

http://www.folica.com/brands/chi/flat-irons

that's their website, but if you have an Ulta store near you, they usually have them for much cheaper.

They are great quality and will last you a long time. I got my most recent one almost 4 years ago. Still just as awesome as the first day I used it!

HIGHLY recommend them!

Good luck!

Unfortunately, you and I have the last of the good CHI irons. Mine is over 5 years old and still going strong, but the ones they make today don't last long at all. :sad2: I don't know what I'll replace mine with when it finally dies.

I've had my CHI for about a year and it's still going strong, I love it! But I have to say, I have thick, wavy hair and I go through a huge hair straightening process to get it straight! I use a certain shampoo, certain blow drier, certain products etc - the CHI on it's own doesn't work as well!

My DD has had a Solia for three years now and loves it. When I researched flat irons it had higher ratings than the Chi. The Chi is just more well-known, but not necessarily the best.

Here's the current ratings from Folica based on consumer satisfaction:

http://www.folica.com/shop-by/top-10/flat-irons

I have been using a remington one I got at target and love it. It is so easy to use and heats up fast.

I need a very good flat to make my curly hair straight and silky smooth. I would appreciate any and all of your suggestions!

My daughter hates her hair. It is coarse in some spots and wavy in others and she has never found a flat iron that she liked. The ones we had got form Target and even salon quality ones would still take her well over an hour to straighten her shoulder length hair. My mother bought her a Royale at the mall from one of those kiosk things and she is in love with it. She actually cried when our puppy chewed through the cord last summer. But you know what....they replaced it with the 5 year warranty that came with it. She has replaced it one other time but I can not remember why. Here is their website and you can click on your state at the bottom of the page to see if they have one close to you.

http://royaleusa.com/

Love my Solia! Also got it from the folica.com website. And for what it's worth, my daughter and I have coarse, curly African-American hair and when we aren't wearing it in it's natural state, we flat iron it and it becomes extremely straight and silky. I love my kinky curly hair, but I also like to change it up every once in a while.

Ditto! My mom and I both looked for a long time, and my mom bought a cheap revlon one at Target and I got a Solia. The Solia is amazing and was worth the extra money :)

Unfortunately, you and I have the last of the good CHI irons. Mine is over 5 years old and still going strong, but the ones they make today don't last long at all. :sad2: I don't know what I'll replace mine with when it finally dies.
I have had my CHI almost 2 years, and it is still just as good as the day I got it. MY stylist ordered it for me. They will have a "pattern of the month" that you can get for $99 if a stylist orders it for you. If the design on the outside doesn't matter, then this is the way to go. My stylist still loves their professional grade products as well.

I have had my CHI almost 2 years, and it is still just as good as the day I got it. MY stylist ordered it for me. They will have a "pattern of the month" that you can get for $99 if a stylist orders it for you. If the design on the outside doesn't matter, then this is the way to go. My stylist still loves their professional grade products as well.

So they have a professional grade that isn't one of the colorful ones sold at places like Ulta?

I've been using Paul Brown flat irons for years. From my experience, if you have "real" curly hair (not just wavy) the cheaper target/walmart kind of flat irons will do nothing for you and you'll just waste your money. Spending more is definitely worth it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter