what family-friendly things to do other than Disney?

Kremlar

Earning My Ears
Heading down to Orlando in February for a week 2/13 to 2/20 (half vacation week, half not). We're planning on hitting all 4 Disney parks, 1 per day, and trying to find something else to do for the day or 2 we'll have left over.

2 adults, 3 kids (13, 5, 4). My youngest is 44" and both my 4 and 5 year olds are typically up for anything they can get on. Last year they did Tower of Terror, Test Track, Splash Mountain, etc...

Last year we did Disney + Universal for 2 days which was fun, but we're trying to mix it up a bit and not do a repeat of last year's trip. Initially I was trying to skip Disney this year but there's a lot of different stuff they can do this year that they missed out on last year due to ride closing or height requirements (Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Expedition Everist, etc...).

To change it up, we've been thinking about skipping Universal and doing Busch Gardens instead. We loved Busch Gardens VA when we visited this past summer. However, the 60-90 minute drive is a bit deflating and we've been reading mixed things about how many things our 4+5 years olds can do there.

Also, Universal has Spider-Man open again this year - which we missed out on last year due to ride closing, plus the Dispicable Me ride (kids love the movie).

Last year we stayed on resort at Disney then stayed at Hard Rock in Universal 1 night to take advantage of the fast pass. This year we'll be staying off resort but have a car.

So, I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions? Disney + Universal vs Disney + Busch Gardens? Something else??

All opinions appreciated! Thanks in advance.

personally i'd do a day at universal and a day at busch gardens. Also if you havent been to the space station before its pretty cool as another option

Thanks! I considered that, but the ticket prices would kill us I think... but I guess it is an option!

Do you mean the Kennedy Space Center, or something else? I thought about Kennedy Space Center - it's a place I've wanted to go to since I was a kid. Haven't investigated it yet, but I plan to.

Have you done Sea World or Discovery Cove? Those are options. LegoLand is supposed to be good too.

No, none of those... will check them out thanks!

So many options, wish we could do 2 weeks!

Thanks! I considered that, but the ticket prices would kill us I think... but I guess it is an option!

Do you mean the Kennedy Space Center, or something else? I thought about Kennedy Space Center - it's a place I've wanted to go to since I was a kid. Haven't investigated it yet, but I plan to.

Check out your ticket options I know there is the orlando flexiticket that links them but its unlimited entry for 14 days to 5 parks so would be $$$ for 2 days

Yeah Kennedy we went in '08 and thought it was great, we are waiting until the girls are older to do it again

Our kids loved Legoland. They still talk about it and we have been home month. Perfect for our aged kids and DH loved it too. We also loved the scenery on the drive, orange groves.

When I do another "park" with my kids, it's always Sea World. My kids just love it there. There is so much to see and do that it really takes 2 days to do it (Sea World will often give you a 2nd day for free also). I would highly recommend checking it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter