what extras that cost $ do we plan for?

mevans9066

Mouseketeer
Besides port adventures and any alcohol or special coffee drinks and tips, will we find that there is stuff everywhere that isn't included in the fun we already paid for that we could be aware of to plan for ahead of time? First time on DCL this nov!!

My first time I bought lots more souvenirs than I expected! Also think about whether you'll buy photos and if a package is a better option for you - they can really get pricey.

Here is a list of things not included in the cruise price:

• Tips - Sever, Assistant Server, Head server, Stateroom host.
• Shore excursions (port adventures)
• Alcohol anywhere
• SPA Treatments
• Palo/Remy Meals
• SPECIAL Drinks in restaurants, example Smoothies
• Shop purchases
• Bingo
• Auctions
• Photos
• Soft Drinks through Room Service
• Pre-Packaged Snacks (candy, popcorn, etc.) at the theaters & through Room Service
• Cove Cafe Coffee/beverages
• Laundry -DCL Service & Self-Serve options
• transfers to and from the port
• bottled beverages like water, beer, or soda
• gratuities for your porter
• gratuity for room service deliveries
• arcade games
• services for Flounder's Reef (daycare) at $6/hr for children that aren't old enough for the kids club
• internet connections

Soft drinks are included in all dining rooms at any meal and in Cabanas /Beach Blanket Buffet. Soft drinks are also included at the Deck 9 soda stations on Magic/Wonder and Deck 11 soda stations on the Dream/Fantasy.

• Tips - Sever, Assistant Server, Head server, Stateroom host.
• Shore excursions (port adventures)
• Alcohol anywhere
• SPA Treatments
• Palo/Remy Meals
• SPECIAL Drinks in restaurants, example Smoothies
• Shop purchases
• Bingo
• Auctions
• Photos
• Soft Drinks through Room Service
• Pre-Packaged Snacks (candy, popcorn, etc.) at the theaters & through Room Service
• Cove Cafe Coffee/beverages
• Laundry -DCL Service & Self-Serve options
• transfers to and from the port
• bottled beverages like water, beer, or soda
• gratuities for your porter
• gratuity for room service deliveries
• arcade games
• services for Flounder's Reef (daycare) at $6/hr for children that aren't old enough for the kids club
• internet connections

Soft drinks are included in all dining rooms at any meal and in Cabanas /Beach Blanket Buffet. Soft drinks are also included at the Deck 9 soda stations on Magic/Wonder and Deck 11 soda stations on the Dream/Fantasy.
Awesome sauce!! Thanks!!

I've seen floats at CC? Do you rent them? How much? Or do they allow you to bring your own? A small inflatable one would pack pretty flat! But I bet they dont allow it!?

Floats are $10 each for the day (considered part of the port adventures...same with bicycle rental at CC). I also believe that the babysitting rates have gone up but not 100% sure.

Here is a list of prohibited items.

Prohibited Items
Q:

What items are not permitted on board Disney Cruise Line ships or at Castaway Cay?

A:

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be stored upon being found.

• Weapons and firearms (including ammunition, knives—including dive knives—swords, daggers or any other types of weapons) are not allowed onboard under any circumstances
  • Realistic replicas of firearms and weapons
  • Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
  • Liquid oxygen
  • Non prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
  • Hookah pipes
  • Power Tools and Tool boxes (except those tools of the trade utilized by vendors providing services)
  • Sporting equipment (i.e., baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment.)
  • SCUBA equipment (i.e., tanks, spears guns /slings, dive knives, pry bar, and underwater scooter). Masks and Snorkels are allowed.
  • Remote controlled helicopters, airplanes, drones, or similar devices
  • Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons
  • Bicycles, Segways, skateboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels, (i.e. Heely's type shoes)
  • Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, electric irons, bottle sterilizer and bottle warmers, electric blankets, electric blenders, etc. Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services. Also all ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.
  • Candles & Incense
  • DVD, VCR, or Blu ray players or, Playstation, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii gaming systems are not allowed because of compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs
  • Musical instruments
  • Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)
  • Homemade, pre-cooked or other perishable food items plus any open snack containers
  • Metal detectors are not allowed on the ship or on Castaway Cay, as any object found using these devices would need to be returned to the owner or donated to charity
  • Personal fireworks or pyrotechnics
  • Seasonal and celebratory lighting strings
  • Extension cords or Surge Protectors
The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:

• Walkie-talkies and two-way radios (e.g., Motorola, JVC). Please be aware that the amount of steel in the ship's infrastructure may cause some "dead zones" and the radios may not transmit in these areas.
  • A small portable fan. However, please contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve the use of your particular appliance in the stateroom.
  • Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.
  • Golf clubs, as long as they are stored in your stateroom.

Bolding is mine.

MJ

Is this accurate? Our upcoming fjord cruise says $9 an hour.

What is the general prices of these items?
Are the Mickey Bars included in this from Room Service?
Also is there some deal on the popcorn that you can get for the entire cruise if you buy it on embarkation day?
I thought I read somewhere about a bucket or something you can get for the popcorn, I could be mistaken though!

Popcorn is $3.50 in a cardboard holder, $5 if you add soda in a can. There's also an option to buy a plastic popcorn container that's slightly bigger for $7.50 (? not sure as I didn't buy this one) which can be refilled at the $3.50 price. Note that tax is extra, and there's a line for gratuity should you wish to tip the nice CM working behind the counter. Trust me when I tell you that an additional 50 cents or $1 (to that CM) goes a very long way and you'll receive not just the popcorn but the biggest smile back from him/her.

Popcorn is $3.50 in a cardboard holder, $5 if you add soda in a can. There's also an option to buy a plastic popcorn container that's slightly bigger for $7.50 (? not sure as I didn't buy this one) which can be refilled at the $3.50 price. Note that tax is extra, and there's a line for gratuity should you wish to tip the nice CM working behind the counter. Trust me when I tell you that an additional 50 cents or $1 (to that CM) goes a very long way and you'll receive not just the popcorn but the biggest smile back from him/her.
Last I knew they did not have the same popcorn options on the Wonder. It was prepackaged. I don't know if the Magic got it with the re-imagining or not.

Last I knew they did not have the same popcorn options on the Wonder. It was prepackaged. I don't know if the Magic got it with the re-imagining or not.

I was on the Fantasy and they had freshly popped popcorn, as well as prepackaged.

?? Transfers to and from port? Like at port Canaveral or.. Help, lol
DCL transfers are $70/person/round-trip. Most people have found that if you have a family larger than 3, it can be cheaper to do 2 one-way rentals or hire a private service to get you from MCO-port and back to MCO.

Here is a list that was compiled with the input of everyone who read the original thread and made helpful suggestions. It covers all cruise-related expenses you might have in addition to the cruise fare and gratuities.

1. Alcoholic drinks at the bars and from roving servers (welcome aboard)

2. Wine by the glass or wine packages at meals

3. Spa treatments

4. Shore excursions (including cabanas and rentals at CC)

5. Purchases from the stores: clothing, sundries, jewelry, souvenirs, etc.

6. Adult dining (Palo, Remy)

7. Bottled water

8. Photos (individual and packages)

9. Onboard booking for future cruises

10. DVC membership (you can purchase on board)

11. Art (thank goodness those "auctions" are gone, but you can still purchase art)

12. Candy and snacks outside theater

13. Tips for room service

14. Internet

15. Room upgrades (usually at port, sometimes GS)

16. Bingo

17. Parking/transportation

18. Port porters

19. Alcohol and cigarettes for delivery at end of voyage

20. Welcome aboard packages (flowers, candy, etc waiting in your cabin)

21. Adventures by Disney (you can purchase on board)

22. Cameras from photo shop

23. Cellular phone calls (although it will be billed later to your phone bill)

24. Medical care

25. Cigars (Meridian bar)

26. Arcade

27. Hair Braiding

28. Nursery

29. Tastings and Mixology

30. Excursion tips

31. Soft drinks from room service or bar

32. Specialty coffee

33. Meeting room rental

34. Onboard or Castaway Cay wedding (currently $3000/$4000)

35. Vow renewal ceremony

36. Sports simulator

37. Laundry room and send-out laundry and dry cleaning

38. Tuxedo rentals

39. Room service sodas and candy (these have a charge)

40. Additional tip (over the automatic) for bar servers

41. Required gratuity added to spa services (yes, required)

42. Pins sold at trading pin sessions

43. Disney Vacation Club (can be purchased on board)

44. Duties at customs at end of cruise if you've made a LOT of purchases abroad

45. Ship to shore calls from your room phone

DCL transfers are $70/person/round-trip. Most people have found that if you have a family larger than 3, it can be cheaper to do 2 one-way rentals or hire a private service to get you from MCO-port and back to MCO.
Sadly I don't understand still.

Sadly I don't understand still.

Transfers = transportation from the Orlando Airport or Walt Disney World. Disney transportation is $35 each way from Airport or WDW ($70 round trip). If you have more people than 3 it's cheaper to rent a car or hire a private service transportation vehicle with driver. Although a lot of people opt for the Disney transport for the convenience even if they have more than 3 people. If you are driving to the port you don't need to worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter