What "extra" did you find most worth the $? / What would you skip next time?

The biggest extra that I can say was definitely worth it was our DVC membership! We purchased it in 1995 and got 5 years of free tickets as an incentive to buy! :cool1:

The Family Magic Tour was also worth the extra $$$. VERY FUN!!!

Love the parties, MNSSHP and MVMCP, but they are getting really expensive!

The kids Pirate Cruise....2 hours without the kids....PRICELESS! (love 'em but 8 days of them 24/7.........)

One of my very favorites from many years ago, around 1994, was the Jolly Holidays dinner show. Wish they still had that.....very festive!

Not worth it....eating at the restaurant in the Mexico Pavilion...way over priced meat, beans and tortillas!!! Hope the new place is better.

The Family Magic Tour was also worth the extra $$$. VERY FUN!!!

The kids Pirate Cruise....2 hours without the kids....PRICELESS! (love 'em but 8 days of them 24/7.........)

I want to try the Family Magic Tour next year. And I was looking into the kids Pirate cruise, but my youngest won't be old enough.

The Wishes Firework Cruise when able to share with other Dis'ers. This is truly the best for me as long as I don't have to pay for the whole thing. My second would be the MVMCP comes to the top.

Disney restaurants, for the most part, aren't anywhere near good enough for the prices they're charging. The only reason to pay it is to save time and stay in the park to eat.

I used to always plop down the dough for club level. IMO, so not worth it.

Several tours were great, but Keys to the Kingdom is one I didn't love. I think my favorite tour was "Wild by Design."

Did not like La Nouba, but very much enjoy Hoop Dee Doo and Blue Man Group.

I have enjoyed the "parties" (MVMCP, MNSSHP) in the past, but I really don't think they are worth what Disney is charging.

Parasailing was fun.

All the key chains I bought broke. The antennae toppers did okay. They also make decent cat toys. Most of the shirts are total crap and the ones that aren't cost about $50.

the family portrait session at WL. The printouts were awful but we upgraded to the CD and used it in the photopass book. The photo book was $75 but turned out to be a great keepsake of our first family vacation. I am getting one family pick blown up really large for the family room and it was nice to have the rights to do that.

Things not worth the money:

Nature Inspired Segway Tour at Epcot--it's new this year and they really need to fix it.
Dining Plan--done regular once and deluxe twice and it doesn't work for us
KTTW Tour--yes, we didn't care for it, probably the only ones ever
Staying Club Level--with the exception of RPC, haven't felt we really got any value from it

Things worth the money:

Segway Around the World
La Nouba
Parasailing
Dinner at V&A
Fireworks cruises

And the best thing we ever spent extra money on was a scavenger hunt through the MK arranged through Gifts of a Lifetime. Worth every penny.

We agree with the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We absolutely thought it was so boring! I really think the CM can make it or break it for you. We had an elderly gentleman who was very nice, but monotone and not peppy enough to hold our interest. We were very disappointed.

We love the dining plan (the regular) though we would like it if they could offer 2 table services per day plan, then it would be perfect (for us). The deluxe is just too much food.

The Segway around the World - take the first class in the morning. Lamonte is truly awesome and we loved this tour!

Club level at the Poly - we have stayed club level at the GF also, but the Poly was the best. The views, the food offerings and the piped in music while watching the fireworks is outstanding.

Fireworks cruises are great! We rented a boat one year with two other families and it was fantastic.

Victoria and Alberts - our first time just a few weeks ago. It was a truly fine dining experience and we got to experience food that we may not have ever tried before.

Gifts of a Lifetime scavenger hunt - I did this twice for my daughters birthday, most recently last year for her 16th with 3 of her friends. They had a blast and it was a magical experience. Well worth the extra $$ contact Jane at www.giftsofalifetime.com

Disney Animation in DHS- draw a character. Shows are on the hour and half hour and you get to draw a Disney character with an imagineer and keep your masterpiece! We got to draw Donald Duck this year and had so much fun doing it! Best part, it is FREE!

Rental car - for us, we were able to get to the parks, park free, go to the grocery store for snacks,water and breakfast items etc. We found that we saved lots of time and didn't worry about missing a bus or if it was too packed etc. The night we were dressed for Victoria and Alberts it was pouring rain, we were glad we had a car (and the valet was free). We still utilize the airline check in services when we leave and have them send our luggage along and obtain boarding passes. That way all we have to do is return the car (which is very easy at MCO) and go right to the gate.

Wine Walk in Epcot - we really liked this one too! You get to sample 2 different wines from Germany, Italy and France. THe cost is $20 per person and well worth it. I found a few new wines that I really enjoyed!

::yes::

WeRBlam, the Gifts of a Lifetime birthday scavenger hunt sounds awesome!
I will be sending you a PM.

We've done a lot of the extras here that many have mentioned and loved all of them, some of our favorites are the water mice, the hot air balloon at DTD, BBB and tea at the Grand Floridian.

Having grown up with Disney and making our daughter a Disney baby from the day she was born, it was only natural to do the Backstage Magic Tour. It is a long day, but it is so wonderful to experience. The true Disney fanatic will adore it.

DH and I have done it twice (2001 and 2009) and there was quite a bit different between them. I read about someone who went recently and they changed it alot from 2009 to now. They added AK

I didn't think the Photopass CD was worth it. We found very few photographers in the parks. One of the photos at AK was supposed to have our daughter "holding" a baby animal, and the photo just showed her with empty hands:confused3

That happened to us too. I just called the "photopass helpdesk" and they added simba to the picture.

..........when we leave and have them send our luggage along and obtain boarding passes. That way all we have to do is return the car (which is very easy at MCO) and go right to the gate......
With whom do you send the luggage???

With whom do you send the luggage???

Here is some info regarding the Airline Check in Service:

Resort Airline Check-In Service

* Resort Airline Check-In Service at your Disney resort is only available if you are flying domestically (includes Puerto Rico) on the following airlines: AirTran, Alaska Airlines, American, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, Northwest, United AND US Airways. It is a complimentary (free) service.

As of April 7, 2010, Southwest Airlines is now officially a part of Resort Airline Check-In at Walt Disney World. Upon completion of a construction project at Disney's Old Key West Resort and an assessment at Caribbean Beach Resort, Resort Airline Check-In with Southwest Airlines should be available at every Walt Disney World Resort hotel by the end of 2010.

Participating airlines (domestic flights only):

-- AirTran Airways
-- Alaska Airlines
-- American Airlines
-- Continental Airlines
-- Delta Air Lines
-- JetBlue Airways
-- Northwest Airlines
-- Southwest Airlines
-- United Air Lines
-- US Airways

* This service allows you to check your luggage and receive your airline boarding passes right at your resort on the day of your departure.

-- Guests who fly AirTran, Continental, Delta, JetBlue, Northwest, and US Airways may check one bag per passenger using the Resort Airline Check-in Service. Guests with multiple bags on these airlines will have the option to check additional pieces through their airlines' ticket counters at Orlando International Airport or they may call Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231 to pay their airline's excess luggage fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk. The excess luggage fees vary by airline.

-- Guests flying on American who wish to check bags must call Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231 to pay their airline bag fees in advance of checking in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk. Otherwise, Guests must check-in at the airport.

-- Guests flying on United Airlines are subject to checked bag fees based on when they purchased their tickets and when they are flying. Verify the actual fees with United before traveling.

NOTE: Each airline has a long list of exceptions to these checked bag policies. Exceptions may include those who bought before the new rues, elite frequent fliers (and those traveling with them on the same reservation), first class passengers, full-fare economy passengers, and government and military fare passengers. Consult with your airline on its exact policies before traveling. The Resort Airline Check-in Desk may be also be able to provide you with airline-specific fee information.

Baggage Airline Guest Services (the fee collection service, not the Resort Airline Check-in Desks) operates seven days a week between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. If paying for excess luggage fees through Baggage Airline Guest Services you must pay with a credit card: MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are accepted. Resort Airline Check-In desks are unable to collect luggage fees on behalf of the airlines.

For ALL airlines, luggage must be 50 pounds or less in order to use the service and it must comply with their airline's size dimension baggage policy. Overweight and oversized luggage cannot be accepted at the Resort Airline Check-In desks.

* This service is separate from Magical Express. You do not have to participate in Magical Express to utilize the Resort Airline Check-in Service.

* Each Disney resort has a dedicated Check-In Desk located in or near the Lobby or near the outside entrance to the resort. If you can't locate the Resort Airline Check-in Desk, ask at the Front Desk. Some examples:

The Polynesian's check-in desk is outside just pass the valet stand on the right as you exit the hotel.

The Port Orleans Riverside check-in desk.

The Port Orleans French Quarter check-in desk.

* The desks are open every day from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can check in no more than 12 hours and no less than 3 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure time.

* To check in, your entire party must be present with your government issued photo I.D. (e.g., driver's license, passport, Military ID) and your Key to the World card to verify that you are a guest of a Disney hotel

* The Resort Airline Check-In desks can provide some of the same services and information as the airline ticket counters at the airport, including checking seat assignments, and verifying flight information and status. The Resort Airline Check-In Desks cannot make any changes to flight arrangements or make new flight reservations.

* This service is not provided by Disney. A third-party company approved by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) operates the Resort Airline Check-In on behalf of the participating airlines.

* Some persons have reported a wait of over 30 minutes at the Resort Airline check-in desk during peak times. If you are within 3 hours of your departure time, you should bypass this service and get your boarding passes at the airport.

Exceptions:

* This service is also not offered for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, Shades of Green, or Downtown Disney Area resorts.

* It is not valid for Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.

MNSSHP and MVMCP were worth it the first time. We've gone back to MNSSHP multiple times, lots of fun. Having seen the park done for Halloween, I was expecting more for the Christmas party. I wouldn't do it again for a few years.

We've had good luck & bad luck with the photopass. Sometimes the photos from the CMs are on there & sometimes they aren't.

Magical express, while free, works so well we no longer rent a car.

My favorite extra is the Very Merry Christmas Party. We had such a wonderful time and the pictures were just beautiful:goodvibes

I am loving reading everyone's thoughts! I really enjoyed the photobook we made from our photopass cd. My girls look at it over and over. It was not cheap, but it was fast, easy, and a beautiful keepsake!

Here is some info regarding the Airline Check in Service:

Resort Airline Check-In Service

"* Each Disney resort has a dedicated Check-In Desk located in or near the Lobby or near the outside entrance to the resort. If you can't locate the Resort Airline Check-in Desk, ask at the Front Desk. Some examples:

* To check in, your entire party must be present with your government issued photo I.D. (e.g., driver's license, passport, Military ID) and your Key to the World card to verify that you are a guest of a Disney hotel"

Unless policies are changed from a year ago, not all guests were required for check in. At least my kids weren't. I've done this for years and have always done this by myself while the kids were still sleeping. I was only asked for my flight number and airline, with my drivers license.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter