What exactly is in Disney Quest?

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
I am not a video or virtual gamer. I am bringing an 8 year old boy to WDW next month and thought that he would enjoy Disney Quest. I have a PAP, so it is not a problem for me to go. But I have never even been inside DQ. Will he have any fun if he is not with other kids? Are most of the games only fun if you can play against someone else? TIA for help.

jekjones1558 said:
I am not a video or virtual gamer. I am bringing an 8 year old boy to WDW next month and thought that he would enjoy Disney Quest. I have a PAP, so it is not a problem for me to go. But I have never even been inside DQ. Will he have any fun if he is not with other kids? Are most of the games only fun if you can play against someone else? TIA for help.

If you have the PAP, go. It's definitely not worth paying for. Maybe if it was 1985. My son thought it was pretty lame but I got to play Qbert for the first time in 20 years

My wife and I have been multiple times and enjoyed ourselves. i wouldn't say its an "all day" event but its fun to do for 5-6 hours. There are a lot of traditional video games and others that are more interactive. its worth doing once for sure.

We are planning to go to DQ for the first time next month as well. We have a 7 year old boy and we can't wait to check it out. Not planning on a whole day there, but definitely a few hours.....

DisneyQuest is essentially a giant arcade with some very "old-school" games and some very modern games. Plenty of the games do not require that you play with anyone and for those that do, you can play with other people. If he's very shy, that might be an issue, but if he just wants to play the games, then he should be fine.

I agree with the PPs that DQ can be fun if you like video games. I would guess gaming playing folks an spend hours in there. If you don't play games, then there really isn't much to do/see. It's worth noting that it's very loud inside. I went to DQ because I also had a PAP, but I would not pay a separate entrance fee for it.

Thanks, Everyone. If we do DQ it will probably be for only a few hours on checkin day. And we may end up in a pool or water park instead. At least now I know what to tell the 8 year old so he can choose.

I have NEVER gone to DQ.

Because on our last trip we got vouchers in our hotel packet for 2 admissions, we (3 of us) thought we might try it out. A family that was leaving on ME to airport even offered us one of their coupons (which we found out at the ticket window we could not use because the name did not match....:rolleyes2). The price quoted to buy one ticket seemed so high :crazy2: for what it offers that we decided against going in.

So, at this point, I still have NEVER gone to DQ. Maybe next trip...

The last time I was at DQ (maybe back in 2007 I want to say) Me & my cousin felt it was pretty outdated. Have they redone anything since then??

The last time I was at DQ (maybe back in 2007 I want to say) Me & my cousin felt it was pretty outdated. Have they redone anything since then??

I agree with this. I went with my brother last week for the first time ever. There are a few neat things to do in there. I'm glad we were finally able to check it out, but now that I've done it I have no desire to return.

I go just to play Pinball & Tron :P Honestly all the "VR" games n such are so... outdated stick to the classics and be merry is my angle :D

Went in 2009, myself 42, hubby 45, 3 daughters 21, 19, 18 and 2 of their boyfriends 22 and 18... we all had a blast. Hubby is not a gamer, and had a great time. I loved the old games and some of the new. Do it, if you don't like it never go back.

4 hours in Disney Quest produced one killer headache that took half a bottle of advil to eliminate.

Never, ever going back there.

Some claim that it has a smokey taste, but I say it's principally cinnamon.

Stupid, pointless, not funny, not helpful, just dumb.

Has anything been added to Disney Quest in the last 10 years?

I feel it is one big building that they are trying to figure out what to do with, and when they do, they will redo it. I heard that they were going to turn it into a new ESPN Zone, similar to what is at Disneyland, but who knows.

We've gone twice (2008 and 2011) and the boys absolutly loved it(wanted to go again during our last trip 1 month ago but didn't have time). Only thing is after 4 hrs you get "sensory overload".

We enjoyed it....particularly my son. I'm not a big gamer but have 1-2 video games I particularly enjoy. So we spent a ton of time playing those.

My DD really liked the Design your own space mountain and the animation classes (she did 3-4 of those).

For VR, we loved jungle cruise (well, I did. Which is what counts) and astroblasters. The pirates of the Caribbean VR game was da bomb. Did not like the carpets or the superheroes ones....hate those VR helmets. The alien one was ok.

It was pricey, but we spent 6-8 hrs there so it felt worth it (with wpf &m). Did 2 full days there on our last trip. We'll definitely go back at some point.

We went a couple of years ago and it was a fun experience....only spent a couple of hours there, and it is quite loud, but I would say go once if for nothing else but to ride up in the genie elevator. Pirates of the Caribbean game was cool...I didn't do the rafts but the ppl doing it were having loads of fun. Brought back memories playing Pac Man and of course who can resist a racing game where you sit and drive (and crash). We got on the computers and bought a desert at the little cafe(delicious).....we did try the carpets and they about made me sick, lol. The design your own rollercoaster simulator thingy was cool too. Definitely go if you get the MYW package with the free tickets. That way you only have to pay for some ppl to get it, which makes it way cheaper. And if you don't like it, just don't go back.

Disney quest was State of the Art - in 1999. However I get the impression Disney is unconvinced by its true potential hence the lack of investment over recent years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter