What ELSE should we do?!

mommyoeo

Mouseketeer
We spent 11 days hopping parks in October with our 3 children and their 4 grandparents. Now, we're heading back this Thursday, just the 2 of us, for 2 more days. We spent 5 days at least in MK so we feel like we've covered that park pretty well. Plus, we will go to MVMCP one night so we'll have a little bit of time there this trip also. We have 1 day to hop around to other parks but we really don't know what to focus on and feel like we need to make our 1 day count!! We went on Soarin a few times but that's all for Epcot. In MGM, we saw the Little Mermaid and rode Star Tours. At Animal Kingdom, we saw Festival of the Lion King a few times and went on Dinasaur and Bug's Life.

What would you do? Did we miss any "biggies" last time? I know Living Seas was closed; maybe I should check that out this time.

Any suggestions would be great!!

THANKS!! :banana:

YOU NEED TO GO TO MGM AND SEE FANTASMIC.....IT'S GREAT....CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MISSED IT.....GO, GO, GO..... :confused3 :moped: :hourglass :confused: :upsidedow :faint: :eek: :crazy2: :sick: :worried: :idea: :rolleyes: :love: :jumping3: got to see FANTASMIC

No kidding!!?? I saw mixed reviews so I figure it was too much of a risk. OK, I will start my new list and add Fantasmic to the top. THANKS!! :sunny:

Do fantasmic and then go see the Osborne family christmas lights. Might also have time to hop over to epcot for illuminations. Have fun!

I second the vote for fantasmic! The best show at WDW hands down! Also since it is just the 2 of you, I would recomment strolling the WS at Epcot and maybe making an ADR for a romantic dinner at of the WS resturaunts.

Depends on what you like to do I guess.

I definitely vote for the romantic dinner somewhere at Epcot. I always wish I could linger in World Showcase, but our kids rush us through it.

Although I haven't seen Turtle Talk with Crush (Living Seas closed last time we went), I have been disappointed with Living Seas for a long time. With the great aquariums that are popping up around the country, this attraction has lost its appeal. I vote to skip this one.

How about one of the behind-the-scenes tours?

Test Track and Mission Space at Epcot! And as previously suggested Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster at MGM! Dinosaur at AK is awesome! And as far as night shows go Illuminations is incredible at Epcot, it gives you the CHILLS :cold: as you watch it!!! You definately have a FEW (LOL) things you can still see! Have a great time!!! :wave:

There are three GREAT shows at MGM besides Fantasmic. The new Lights, Motor, Action stunt car show is NOT to be missed; Beauty and the Beast is great, even for adults; and the Indiana Jones stunt show is also a don't miss. The Backlot Studios Tour is cool, especially Catastrophe Canyon, but not as cool as these others. It is also pretty neat to go see the animation tour, where everyone gets to try their hand at drawing a Disney Character. If you do all these, ride Tower of Terror and the Aerosmith coaster, eat at Mama Melrose, and then go see Fantasmic, that is a great day.

We did the "Behind the Seeds" tour at Epcot last time we were there. It was really interesting (much, much better than I thought it would be).

Ditto everything else others have mentioned...

If it was just me and my hubby, dinner at Brown derby, with appletini's! Then fantasmic.
a night at pleasure island. I would eat and drink my way around epcot!!
I dream of a trip with just the 2 of us!

DH & I will have 2 days alone next week before our kids join us for a week.
Our plans are to have lunch at AK (arriving at AKL around noon that day) and then maybe stroll AK a bit, head back to AKL for some cuddle time :love: & balcony sitting - then off to Kimono's for a Spider Roll, followed by dinner at BlueZoo. After dinner, we'll watch Illuminations, then head back for some sleep.

Day 2 - Sleeping in :love: Cuddling :love: Late Breakfast at Boma. Then off to Epcot for Behind the Seeds & World Showcase Time. After that, back to cuddles :love: & changing for dinner at California Grill timed to Wishes.

Day 3 - Morning before the first of the kids arrive - EMH Morning at Epcot for Soarin & Breakfast at FountainView or BW Bakery. Then back to AKL to meet the kids.

For us, the time alone means time to relax, cuddle :love: & enjoy a couple nice meals. It also means strolling WS at Epcot. We find that very romantic, whether we have kids with us or not. We don't need to commando the Parks when there's no kids. It's not so much how much we do, it's more about how we do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter