• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What else should I be planning?

GatorMama

DIS Veteran
I'm so used to fine detail planning over on the other side of the the city that I'm not sure what to do with myself right now. What else should I be planning/doing?

Long weekend with friends in the fall.
Flight booked. Hotel booked. (Three nights at Cabana Bay then going to AKL for MNSSHP).
Three day P2P for uni purchased.
We have two restaurants on our "yes, please!" list: Cowfish and Leaky Cauldron. And I have an ADR at Sanaa for our Disney portion.
I will either take a shuttle or have a friend transport me from airport to hotel up son arrival and she will take me back when we depart.

Sat/sun will be our major park days. Would you use your third day on Friday afternoon? Or Monday morning before MNSSHP on a day we also have to change hotels?

And we will NOT be doing any HHN. Nope nope nope. More nope.

Lol.......so you haven't quite decided yet.......:rotfl:

Your planning is done.........that's the wonderful thing about a Universal trip.......it's so easy, minimal planning needed.........I hear of folks with spread sheets :sad2: and plans set in stone for places.........you don't need that at Universal........perish the thought!!!

I would do the Friday afternoon at the parks. That gives you plenty of time Monday to get yourselves moved over to your Disney hotel........

Love Cowfish by the way.......excellent choice........:thumbsup2

What else? Relax and enjoy! Do what you want when you want in the parks, and enjoy CityWalk when HHN is going on. Fun mini golf, great restaurants, stores, movie. Lots to do that isn't HHN in the evening.

Oh and I'd do the Friday afternoon and not doing the parks the day I'm leaving. Since the party with the mouse goes way into the night, sleep in, check out as late as can, and then go to Disney refreshed and ready for the Party. And, I'll be there the same time as you, coming from Disney, on that Saturday. If you'd like to say hi in person, just let me know. Check Mac's stickie, there's a list of us going to Universal and Disney in September and October. Meets are always welcome by most of us.

How much do you plan for food? 2010 was my last visit and we just drove over from visiting family for the day. Our only meal was at Three Broomsticks. Right now I'm thinking $50/day for food and $20 for alcohol. Roughly. and $50 for a wand.

I go that weekend also

Friday could have the lesser crowds out of the dates you listed
Studios closes at 5 and ioa at 8

Peeps arrive after work and come later in the day/evening for Hhn so could be less crowds at the studios

Saturday will have crowds
Sunday could also with starting in the late afternoon

Looking at the website where you buy ep's can give you an idea of how crowded it will be
Look at the ep price for both parks on dates you want to do
If you see the ep at $100 or more, expect crowds in that park

Monday will have crowds as some it is a holiday from work/school

If you decide sat or sun, use EE and it will help you
Those that stay in the parks to hn closes at 2:00 am, don't get up at the crack of dawn for EE

How much do you plan for food? 2010 was my last visit and we just drove over from visiting family for the day. Our only meal was at Three Broomsticks. Right now I'm thinking $50/day for food and $20 for alcohol. Roughly. and $50 for a wand.

I'd say that's about right. For me, I don't eat much during the day, as it tends to be pretty hot during that time. Or it was last year. Quick service places are between 10 and 15 dollars, most of them, and I also eat breakfast in my room or grab a small snack from either the hotel or in the parks. I use $100/day for all, and I usually come much below that for some days. And cool, budget for the wand. My kids both have one, that I've been know to borrow more than once.:D

I usually budget $100/day for food and merch. I have enough stuff that most of my budget goes towards food. At Universal, I find it easier to keep to my budget for some reason. I mean the food isn't that much of a price difference? Maybe I just enjoy the QA at UO more, I feel there's a bit more variety. Plus I usually end up eating at Springfield most of the time, lol.

Plan on fretting over which Butterbeer to get: hot, cold, or frozen. Then there's the plethora of ice creams in Diagon Alley. Lard Lad Big Pink Donut or Brain Freezin D'oh-nut Sundae in Springfield? These are your toughest planning decisions remaining. Have fun!

Plan on fretting over which Butterbeer to get: hot, cold, or frozen. Then there's the plethora of ice creams in Diagon Alley. Lard Lad Big Pink Donut or Brain Freezin D'oh-nut Sundae in Springfield? These are your toughest planning decisions remaining. Have fun!
I just have this feeling I won't be cold enough for a hot Butterbeer. LoL. I've had both of he cold and I make it myself at home often so I probably will be partaking in other libations more. :-) I haven't had a grown up only trip in way too long!

In that case, I recommend you plan on stopping by NBC Grill for drinks. Huge drink menu.

In that case, I recommend you plan on stopping by NBC Grill for drinks. Huge drink menu.

We are so looking forward to trying this place.

We just missed it opening last year by a day or so I think........menu looks so good! And I love a good cocktail :D

I'm in the minority, but I really like the fishy green ale in Diagon Alley. Also, the the earl grey ice cream there is to die for (I don't like the butterbeer ice cream)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter