• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What else for the characters to sign?

bolty16

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody,

I need some more ideas for things to leave at Guest Services for the characters to sign? All ideas much appreciated, thanks a bunch!

We got the large (8" ?) Vinylmation in black and had them sign it with a silver ink pen... looks great!

papamouse1 said:
We got the large (8" ?) Vinylmation in black and had them sign it with a silver ink pen... looks great!

Did you get the vinylmation online at the Disney store? I'm asking because the ones I saw in the store itself look too small to be signed?

We took a piece of cardboard and cut it into a T-shirt shape and place it inside T-Shirt so they were able to sign the shirt with diffrent colored markers. Looks reallu cool when worn or in a frame.

(If you are going to frame it make sure that everybody signs on the front.)

For our last cruise, I went to a craft store and bought plain tote bags and some iron-on paper for my printer. I printed out a design I liked, ironed it onto the bag, and had the characters sign all over the bag. Grocery shopping, craft projects, taking my own lunch to work - everything's more fun when I take the characters with me! :thumbsup2

Did you get the vinylmation online at the Disney store? I'm asking because the ones I saw in the store itself look too small to be signed?

I got a white one, brought permanent markers, and it never set right... bled. It was a "create your own"... yeah right. They used to sell some that were made of material specific for signatures. Some of the latest are of smooth plastic. We opted to redo using a large vinyl letter that we adhered to the kids playbox. We even clean it with commercial cleaners and it set GREAT!!! You can make one with a cricut, have it made at etsy, or purchase one at a craft store.

They have large ones at Michaels.

Ideas I've been tossing around:
baby sized tees so they can dress their stuffed animals in a signed shirt
Larger shirt so they can wear it as a nightshirt
Buying plain white sailor caps or the Captain's hat at Oriental Trading and having it signed.(I'll probably do this one)
frames
frame mats
pillowcases

A kid's size t-shirt will mount nicely in a cheap frame from Michaels. We picked this tee up on clearance at Old Navy.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

I found a throw-pillow sham at the Disney store on clearance. We were able to get two and got one each signed for the kids.

Cobrastrike said:
A kid's size t-shirt will mount nicely in a cheap frame from Michaels. We picked this tee up on clearance at Old Navy.

What a great idea!! Love the colors!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

When we were on board the Fantasy this past June, I went into one of the gift shops and purchased a dinner plate like the ones they use in Animator's Palate. I think it was either 19.95 or 24.95, I can't remember. Anyway, I left the plate and a red and a black sharpie along with a photo mat to be signed. I wish I had my pictures in photobucket so I could share. It was beautiful and all the characters signed it. It is by far my FAVORITE souvenir!:thumbsup2

This was mentioned several times in the past but....

DCL are you listening? You are missing out on an income stream.

Why can't these items be available in the gift shops onboard?
It would alleviate lines at Guest Services and I would assume free up the CM's for other functions.;)

JMO

I painted up two post board canvases with mickey ear in black and my kids favourite colour in the background, I will attempt to post a picture. I am really impressed with the result. I aim to frame them up :).

Thank you all for your replies! If you could post a picture of your signed item, that'd be totally helpful! :D

Gilland18 said:
I'm taking a white wooden letter (grandchildrens' initials). Got it at Michael's.

I LOVE this idea!!!

I bought a black Melamine Mickey shaped plate and had that signed in silver. It is in my dining room in the built ins.

Most recently I made square throw pillow shams (white on front, character fabric on back appliquéd with a design and child's name on front). Then I got fabric markers and had the front signed. Both kids have their pillows on their bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter