• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What DVC resort do you NOT like?

DVCconvert said:
Why ask the question in the negative to begin with? Is the question I'd be interested in knowing. Why not post a poll -- what's your favorite DVC resort?...then make your choices based off that???
Well, I guess none of us had to answer if we didn't like the question.....

I think a couple of us are taking this way too seriously.......

Quite honestly this type of thread usually does turn nasty.

I got involved when I learned that people didn't like VWL because the villas are so far from the WL/lobby. It just causes hard feelings. Wish I hadn't gotten involved with it, but curiosity got the better of me :guilty: .

Muushka said:
Quite honestly this type of thread usually does turn nasty.

Well obviously it didn't need to turn nasty bot those owners of the XXX resort had to start picking on the XXX resort and that got things stired up!!!
:scared1: :earseek: :scared1: :earseek: :scared1: :earseek: :scared1: :earseek: :scared1: :earseek: :scared1:

(Fill in the blanks with whatever resort owners you choose, it doesn't matter)

:earseek:

Geeeeeze, .... way way to serious about this.......

Have a feeling our taste may change when the kids are no longer traveling with us. But for now we have 17 and 15 yr old boys and 11 yr old girl. We are very active and love the pools so for that reason this is how we rate it worse to best:

Saragota (pool to small, nothing else to do)
VWL (pool to small)
OWK (nice pool, large rooms all great but no night life)
Tied BWV and BC (love both pools esp BC, great night, rec room,
with free ping, pong, air hockey, etc)

Never been too VB or HHV.

tjkraz said:
Let's say you walk between BWV and Epcot in the morning (approx 10-15 min each way) and BWV and MGM in the evening (approx 15-20 min each way.) That's easily an hour per day of largely non-productive locomotion. (Non-productive as in it doesn't directly impact your ability to get to any attractions, restaurants or other worthwhile destination.)

Is there a lot of walking at WDW? Of course. But why pile on another hour of unnecessary exertion. Yes, there is the "stop and smell the roses" factor, but after a week of doing it with 70 pounds of toddler on the front of the stroller, it gets old. I much prefer the 2 min walk to a bus stop followed by 15 sitting on my butt. And, frankly, the kids think a bus ride is just as much fun as any other mode of transportation--they don't immediately wrinkle their noses as many adults do.

I'm sure there are many who prefer to walk, and I completely understand that. There are times I do prefer to walk. But as long as our children are stroller-aged, folding that stroller and climbing onto a bus is preferrable to the alternative workout.

To each their own...

Your toddler weighs 70 pounds? I hope you are pushing multiple toddlers! My 8 year old weighs 62 pounds. :teeth:

NMW said:
Your toddler weighs 70 pounds? I hope you are pushing multiple toddlers! My 8 year old weighs 62 pounds. :teeth:

Yup, fortunately there are two. :teeth: Actually, I'm sure it's much greater than 70# with the stroller. Our 4yo son is about 43" and over 40 pounds. And our daughter that just turned 2 is 37" and over 30 pounds.

Yikes! :flower:

We are in our late 50's and have been owners of DVC for 8 years. OKW is our very favorite!!

Our 30 something kids and there children like OKW best too!! :cool1:

It is really wonderful for the 10 of us to be all together in a GV.
We first bought at OKW. Then because it was all sold out and we wanted more points we were talked into BCV. We bought 250pts more at the new BCVs.

Sorry that we bought them!! We really dislike BCV!!
We dislike the hotel feel of the place and frankly, the service there was not good!!
And what's with the short hours for Cape May?? :confused3 Olivia's is open all day!!
But since we have so may points there we will probably end up there again some day. We usually book there at the 11 month window and then cancel at the 7 month window in favor of OKW!!
It a good thing we all don't like the same things!! :flower:

Candy & Bob

I think they are all great----what is not to like. OKW is our favorite

For those of you that don't mind walking and like to drink, we just got back from SSR and you can walk to crossroads and have a meal and a good drink in one of the restaurants there without having to spend too much. Thus saving money for that add-on you keep promising yourself!!!!

Susan

tjkraz said:
Yup, fortunately there are two. :teeth: Actually, I'm sure it's much greater than 70# with the stroller. Our 4yo son is about 43" and over 40 pounds. And our daughter that just turned 2 is 37" and over 30 pounds.

Yikes! :flower:

We just killed what will be our final two seater stroller recently. My boys together weigh 90+ pounds and I just can't justify spending several hundred dollars for a stroller when they are now 5 (45 pounds) and 3 (48 pounds - don't ask me lol he isn't fat at all, just thicker somehow than his brother) and can walk most places. BUt, I do believe that overly tired children make a WDW trip a nightmare, so next time, we are probably going to rent a double stroller on the days we go to the bigger parks.

Pushing that much poundage in children around all day can poop out a parent too :earboy2:

cdy16zz said:
Sorry that we bought them!! We really dislike BCV!!
We dislike the hotel feel of the place and frankly, the service there was not good!!
And what's with the short hours for Cape May?? :confused3 Olivia's is open all day!!
....Candy & Bob
I'll bet you could sell your BCV points at a good price and pick up OKW points and come out pretty good on the deal if you wanted to. I don't say that with any sarcastic intent, I'm very serious of that as a very reasonable option. There can be a $500 sales fee, but on that large of a contract for 250 pts, you could probably make that up easily in the sales price. I think that would be harder to cover with a smaller point contract. You could purchase OKW points, perhaps a few less and have all your points at OKW for GVs. One place you could check with is the sponsor of our DIS forum, the timeshare store. I always hear good reports about them. It may be worth checking out.

By the way, I have no affiliation with the Timeshare Store, I'm just grateful they help sponsor this wonderful site we all enjoy, and hope they get the benefit of additional business due to thier sponsorship. I think they deserve it from the nice posts I have read regarding them. Anyone is welcome to do a search and see for themselves. There may be other timeshare brokers dealing in DVC, but they aren't paying for this forum like the Timeshare store does. I'm glad they do.

After having just worked with the Timeshare store, I can say, they are WONDERFUL!! You will be happy to know that Beach Club is by far the most sought after resort (don't ask me why, I really don't like it either). You will get a very good price and can re-buy OKW at the same time. Good thing you are not trying to sell Vero, your BCV will sell almost immediately. Good luck!

thelionqueen said:
After having just worked with the Timeshare store, I can say, they are WONDERFUL!! You will be happy to know that Beach Club is by far the most sought after resort (don't ask me why, I really don't like it either). You will get a very good price and can re-buy OKW at the same time. Good thing you are not trying to sell Vero, your BCV will sell almost immediately. Good luck!

Thank you Beach_Bound9 and Thelionqueen for the good advice!

I have also had other offers! I'll be looking it this!! :flower:
Thank You!
Candy & Bob

Don't have a least favorite, but if I am staying in a 1 BR or bigger it is ALWAYS going to be at OKW.

Keep up those I hate OKW posts...makes it easier for me to get the room I want! :bounce: :cool1: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :rotfl2:

I love 'em all!! Especially OKW & VWL.

Haven't been to HH yet though...............

We have stayed at all of the resorts.
Ranked as follows: BWV
OKW
BCV
WLV
SSR

HH is in a totally different category.
We love HH because it is so different. Every year we go there and it keeps getting better and better. But, you cannot compare that resort with the onsite resorts. :earsgirl: :earsboy:
10 days and counting until we go home to BWV

After reading all seven pages of posts there didn't seem to be any clear 'favorite' or least favorite, and that, to me, is part of what makes Disney so brilliant! Some people *only* like one dvc, some like them all, but it wasn't one of those, oh, we all like this the best! I'm just shaking my head in admiration...

Hey, it's fun watching those old timers come shooting down the new waterslide at OKW. Man do they make a wave! Kidding!

Our least favorite thus far was OKW. We didn't like that we had to take a bus to get to the restaurant/store area and we didn't like that cars are parked right outside the rooms. I guess if we had a car with us on vacation we would have found that convenient, but it just gave it kind of a "motel" feel. We also like the comfortable lounges at BCV and BWV for relaxing in the evenings and OKW didn't have anything comparable. The rooms are roomier, though - just depends on what's important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter