What don't you want to forget when you are packin!?!?!?

quote: ok so you pay a little extra for sunscreen...

Re...wallmart can of sunscreen $8.99..same can of sunscreen in WDW $19.99...I will be packing some this year for sure!!!

I don't sweat about it too much. I figure I can replace anything except for my prescription meds!

I only quickly skimmed through here, and it looks like you guys covered just about everything - I would only add on ziplock bags... We put our wallets in them when we go on the rapids.

:rolleyes1 Am i Nuts??? :woohoo:my wdw trip is 27 days out :cool1:and im already starting to pack!! lol

I want to make sure i pack EVERYTHING i need!! so what are some things that you have forgotten to pack or when you got down there wished you had!!

popcorn:: Cant wait to hear all your suggestions!!

I don;t want to forget anything!!! :goodvibes

I'm not even to the 180 ADR mark yet and I was just looking at my packing list from 2010 and doing a little updating and "pruning". I've forgotten a charger before. I'm pretty good about making a packing list. If it's on the list, it's pretty sure to get packed.

Laundry soap. I found Tide had bars about the size of a mini candy bar. Each bar in its own bag. So 1 bar means 1 load.

I know who wants to laundry on vacation. I found that on the night before we leave we take the kids to the pool nearest the laundry area. They swim and we do laundry. Nice to go home and npack into the dresser rather than have to spend every night after work doing laundry.

I bought a package of purex 3-in-1 sheets. You toss it in the washer and it has detergent and then the sheet is fabric softener for the dryer. No chance of leaking and could even go in the carryon since it wasn't liquid.

Once we forgot our tickets and had to drive back and get them. Luckily we hadn't gone too far before realising what we'd done.....

Another time I forgot my Disney gift card. It had all my spending $$$ on it. I had almost left it when I realized I'd need that thing.

I think the worst things you could forget would be either tickets, clothes, cash, or wallet. You need those things the most!

I live in CA so I go to DL 3 or 4 times a year. I have a mini backpack I carry in the parks. The extra webbing for the straps are my pin (traders) lanyards. I have a clip-on retractable plastic ticket/AP (for DL)/Photopass pouch that I attach to the zipper. The wallet inside is my "Disney wallet" and in it live any Disney gift cards I have. Other items that "live" in the backpack are chapstick, a small tube of sunscreen, an extra pair of sunglasses, a regular pen and a fat pen for autographs, a bag of spare and locking pin backs, a few "tubes" of drink mix, nail clippers, bandaids and a pack of Rolaids.

I figure most things I could either get by without, or find a suitable replacement nearby.

However, I am COMPLETELY PARANOID about forgetting/losing my ID. I don't take my huge chunky wallet on vacation and so it's not in its "usual" spot and I'm constantly checking to make sure I have it.

I travel with my drivers license in my wallet and I also have my passport, which I put in the room safe. I lost my license once when traveling and attempting to get on an airplane to go home without an ID is not something I would wish upon anyone. I also bring 2 credit cards and leave one in the room safe, along with the cash budgeted for following days. I usually have a duplicate copy of my Disney Visa card that I keep in the safe as well. If I lose the card and have to cancel it, at least I still have one to show for any perks in the parks. I carry as little as possible in my wallet. The less I carry, the less I can lose. LOL

But the I.D., confirmation print outs for tickets, car rentals, 3 hotels, AP's for Universal, passports, birth certificates, drivers license, and prescription meds.. Well forgetting anyone of those would be a GIANT pain.

If you have a smartphone with email, forward the confirmation emails to your phone. Text yourself the confirmation numbers. Take photos of the "code" on your tickets with your phone and leave them on there. Just like when you get your pnotopass, you take a picture of that code number with your own camera and or smartphone. I enter all my confirmation numbers in on the calendar on my phone. ADR's, flights, hotels, transportation, whatever.

Power strip
Ziploc bags
Moleskin
Electronics chargers
Cell phone
Visor
Sunscreen
Clothespins
Mini mister fan
Nightlight
White noise machine
Extra contacts

One thing I absolutely can't forget is a small fan to turn on when I sleep at night. I cannot sleep without one. This year I also plan on bringing a small pillow (LOL...my son's mini pillow pet) because I really don't like the pillows at POP but that is a personal preference.

quote: ok so you pay a little extra for sunscreen...

Re...wallmart can of sunscreen $8.99..same can of sunscreen in WDW $19.99...I will be packing some this year for sure!!!

Maybe, but in the grand scheme of things, $11 is nothing. Overpacking gets expensive quickly when you consider airline baggage fees. Not to mention the effort of lugging your luggage, the extra tipping whenever you hand your bags off to assorted bell hops...

I'll grant, I usually bring some luggage to WDW, and a bottle of suncreen is one of the things I tend to pack.

But I don't bring extra pillows, extra towels, tissues, mister fans, drink mix, coolers, body glide, foot cream, a bathroom organizer, a camcorder, batteries (other than one spare camera battery/charger), half the items on the 'ultimate packing list, fishing line, cleaning wipes, more than one packet of dry laundry soap (and only if we drive), sunglasses (only if we drive), wall hooks, face masks, headphones, foot powder, Tiger balm, most OTC meds, birth certificates (WHY on earth?!?!?), night light, and that's just the items on a few pages....

I budget about $10 to cover all the junk we didn't bring and rarely need to spend it- unless we really do forget to pack something essential.

Undergarments. I forgot to pack any undergarments on two weekend trips I have taken in the past year. Luckily, there was a Wal-Mart close by!

I print out the Disney Ultimate Packing list for every trip, then I scratch through 50% of it. :lmao: My major don't forget items are:

Park bag
wet wipes
children's tylenol
ziplocks
camera
cell phone
tickets

I'm not going to leave the house without clothes, so I'm more worried about the little things, YKWIM? I will be adding the power strip to my list, though. That's a great tip!:thumbsup2

I was asked recently to write about this for a friend's blog, and this is what i sent her

I pack in three categories:

1. Luggage (some checked at the airport, some carried on, but none of these bags make it to the parks)
2. Stroller bag (this is a large tote bag that lives in the bottom of our stroller during our trip…speaking of strollers, either bring your own or rent from off-site to be delivered to your resort. The Disney strollers must be returned as you exit the park at the end of the day when your children are exhausted and you are exhausted, and they also have absolutely no storage. Also make sure to mark your stroller –tie bright bandannas or ribbon to the handle bars, and zip tie a laminated stroller tag to the handle bars; this not only deters stroller thieves, but also aids in locating your stroller in the sea of strollers at stroller parking)
3. Backpack (preferably use a backpack with a small easily accessible discreet pocket for KTTW card and Fastpass tickets and only a single large zippered pocket, because you will have to unzip EVERY section at each parks bag-check at entry; our backpack perches on an S hook or carabiner hung from our stroller handle while we are with the stroller. It is not EVER left unattended and accompanies us on all attractions and at meals.)

Luggage
• Hanging storage container for the closet (we use ours for snack-stash, for easy access)
• Snacks (100 calorie packs, a couple boxes dry cereal and snack baggies to distribute once at WDW, pretzels, protein bars, nuts, cracker sandwiches)
• At least 1.5 outfits for each person per day (there may be spills, and there may be days that you just want to change into a fresh outfit. I pack my children’s outfits in gallon Ziploc bags; each bag contains one outfit for each child, and the children alternate picking a bag.)
• Spot treatment for clothing stains and if you plan to do laundry on your vacation, bring some quarter and travel laundry detergent (you can purchase it at the resort laundromat, but of course it’s cheaper to bring from home); we use rolling luggage bag to easily transport the clothes from room to the resort Laundromat and back
• Dish soap or Dawn wipes
• Mole skin (we bring at least 2 packs each year) and scissors
• Body glide
• Clorox wipes/ Lysol spray to disinfect your room.
• Envelopes for your Mousekeeping tips
• Power strip
• Chargers for phones, camera batteries, laptops ect
• Night light
• Toiletries
• Bathing suits
• Liquid hand soap for hotel room bathroom (we prefer it to bar soap)
• Shoes (we bring at least two pairs of different styled shoes for each person so you can alternate each day to keep “hot spots” at bay. Crocs, Teva, and Keen sandals work well…but my children always insist on bringing their $2 flip-flops too)
• First aid kit (Band-Aids, Neosporin, ect) and medicine (pain reliever, decongestant, Pepto, ect)
• Window clings and other fun things to decorate your resort room window
• Band-Aid Blister Block stick
• Diapers and swim diapers for the un-potty trained set, along with a pool float if you have a special one (the resort pools provide life jackets)
• Childrens id bracelets

Stroller Bag
• Bathing suits for children for the many fountains
• Ponchos (purchase at least one 2pack from Dollar Tree for EACH person in your family –they don’t dry out very well, thus making them usually a one-time use item)
• Extra change of clothes for little ones
• Clear shower curtain and 2 clamps (to protect stroller and contents in rain storms)
• Water bottles (all Counter Service and Table Service restaurants will refill them with ice water for free)
• Snacks (peanuts, cereal/fiber/granola bars, dried fruit, goldfish, ect)
• Glow sticks and light up toys for after dark
• Travel spray bottles (to fill with ice water for heat relief)
• Sunscreen
• Sunglasses (bring at least one cheap pair for everyone; losing your fancy Ray Bans on Splash Mountain might put a damper on your trip)
• Germ gel (actually lives in our stroller cup holder all week)
• Wet wipes
• Baggie with a few Mole skin pieces

Backpack
• Cell phones
• Camera –video and still (I like to keep mine separate because chances are if there is something I want video footage of, I am also going to want still photos of the same event), extra batteries and large memory card for each
• Diaper (for emergencies, like despite the fact that you ALL just visited a restroom but your fully potty trained 5 year old decides they must use the bathroom right away or they will pop, and Universe of Energy has just started the 37 minute portion of the ride –the one where you are not allowed to exit for any reason short of life threatening emergency)
• Lanyards and pins/autograph books and pens/penny pressing canisters
• KTTW and fastpasses
• Ziploc bags (to store wet clothes and food –like cookies, muffins, whole fruit, ect -- we can’t finish at meals)
• Travel germ gel (you can never have enough germ gel; think about the YUCK that your children contract by touching the railings and handles in a place visited by 100,000 people a day.)
• Travel tissues
• “Meal pack” for babies and toddlers (pack Ziploc baggies with disposable place mats, silverware and sippy cup for a single meal)

The one thing I forgot to pack on a Las Vegas visit about three years ago was:

Prescription eyeglasses!

:eek:

I've never forgotten them before and I can't see two feet in front of my face without my glasss or contact lenses! And my eyes can handle contact lenses for only about 14 hours daily. :( Not a wonderful trip. :rolleyes:

So far, so good when it comes to WDW! *LOL*

Sleep aids. I like "midnight", which is just melatonin. I don't know if it actually works, or my mind is playing tricks on me, but it does help me chill out enough to get some sleep before the next rope drop. Well, that and colors light. ;)

Maybe, but in the grand scheme of things, $11 is nothing. Overpacking gets expensive quickly when you consider airline baggage fees. Not to mention the effort of lugging your luggage, the extra tipping whenever you hand your bags off to assorted bell hops...

I'll grant, I usually bring some luggage to WDW, and a bottle of suncreen is one of the things I tend to pack.

But I don't bring extra pillows, extra towels, tissues, mister fans, drink mix, coolers, body glide, foot cream, a bathroom organizer, a camcorder, batteries (other than one spare camera battery/charger), half the items on the 'ultimate packing list, fishing line, cleaning wipes, more than one packet of dry laundry soap (and only if we drive), sunglasses (only if we drive), wall hooks, face masks, headphones, foot powder, Tiger balm, most OTC meds, birth certificates (WHY on earth?!?!?), night light, and that's just the items on a few pages....

I budget about $10 to cover all the junk we didn't bring and rarely need to spend it- unless we really do forget to pack something essential.

Why only if you drive for sunglasses? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter