What does your tween daughter (ages 10-12) want for Christmas?

:goodvibes

Question for everyone: What Wii games do you find that your girls enjoy? I just bought her wii this morning from Target and I bought the Carnival game from amazon.com. I think that with the wii sports is a good start.

My dd11 loves all the My Sims/Sims games, I'm pretty sure they are one player games and look incredibly boring but she really likes them. She also likes my Wii Fit and uses it way more that I do :blush:
She said she really wants Rockband, but only the game to play with our guitars from GH, it has something to do with making your own characters :confused3. I did get it for the family, and I got Lego Rockband because my boys love all those Lego character games. The whole family loves Mario Kart and dd loves to race against her cousins and friends that live a couple hours away from us.

Our 12 yo dd (turns 13 right before Christmas) has asked for
Birthday
AG Doll- Chrissa (bought)
AG Rebecca books (bought)
Clothes- she didnt care where they came from as long as they were cute- her sister works at Vanity and one of our former foster children works at Ross so we bought clothing both those places
IPOD Nano- Green (Grandma bought)

For Christmas
Itunes Gift Card (will buy)
Legos-(will probably buy)
Sims Points for Sims 3 (will buy)
Taylor Swift Tickets- tried but they were sold out
Scrubs for work (bought)
Holiday PJ's (will buy bf)
The Vampire Diaries books (not sure if I will buy or not since I have not read them, not sure if they are age appropriate)
DS Game (bought)
Supernatural Season 4 (bought)
A Supernatural poster (bought)

I guess she is in the minority not wanting a laptop. She and her 16 year old sister were both offered laptops last spring but wanted a gaming pc instead.

What type of work does your tween do that she needs scrubs?

Question for everyone: What Wii games do you find that your girls enjoy? I just bought her wii this morning from Target and I bought the Carnival game from amazon.com. I think that with the wii sports is a good start.

My daughter is 11 and we got our Wii two Christmases ago. The games she plays most are Wii Sports and Super Mario Galaxy. She also likes the WiiFit that I got last year.

My daughter LOVES the Carnival game and she plays it a lot! :goodvibes She also likes the Raving Rabbids TV Party that we play together. For Christmas she wanted the Princess and the Frog game (more than 1 person can play) and the Your Shape exercise game that doesn't require a controller.

My DD will be turning 12 in a few weeks. She wanted clothes mainly. She also really wanted Lululemon headbands for dance and an Ipod touch.
Oh, the last few days she added, American money to her list. She said she wants to have some for our cruise to buy a souvenir.
So, I love choosing clothes for her(great because it is stuff she needs. I had fun buying her stuff for our cruise wear too), got the Ipod touch as her big gift and the Lulu lemon headbands. The other stuff I bought was a Disney watch and other little trickets like books, DS game and costume jewellery. I love shopping for this age!!!:thumbsup2

My dd who is 11 has asked for -

The Legend of Starfy DS game
Her brother's IPOD Nano if he gets a new one
"clothes for adults and kids of all sizes, various toys, and other essential items for people in nursing homes, foster homes, and orphanages" per her letter to Santa. She doesn't really believe in Santa (is in 6th grade and that was ruined awhile ago for her) but it is a requirement to write a letter so I know what to look for and her little sister still believes.

I completely agree with you also! I am NOT shocked at all by what the kids are asking for, BUT I am extremely speechless that so many parents are giving in to what their kids want! Cellphones, Ipod touch, laptop, webcams?? really... they NEED all these things as a tween? What the heck are you going to get them at 16?? Well I guess when my kids come home, saying that they are the ONLY ones who don't have these thing, it will be true....

My 11 year old DD does NEED a cell phone especially since I feel it is safest for her having one now. She got it when she was still 10 back in March as she had a Beta convention to attend and then after that she had a week with her father. She also travels 12 miles one way to school everyday. They had a medical emergency on her bus in which students are who called for medical services when 2 girls had severe asthma attacks. The bus was over an hour late home that night. Some children do have a need for a cell phone and I hate when people jump to the conclusion that just because it is a tween they don't have a need for a cell phone. *** for some of the other stuff, I do agree but I can only control what happens in my home.

My 16 year old is who wants the IPOD touch and my 11 year old actually wants her brother's IPOD Nano if he gets the touch for Christmas which may just happen.

DD who'll be 11 in March wants a DSI to replace her DSLite which has seen better days. A few games to go with it - the jewelry making game and the Mario vs Luigi game. She also wants a few Wii games - GH5, the new Mario vs Sonic winter games and Sing It. She has also asked for pearl earrings.

To answer the OPs question, she loves Mario Kart, Wii Fit, American Idol and Carnival games.

;) Both my tween girls also WANT cell phones, ipods, and laptops for Christmas.... BUT they know it will never happen in our home! They did not bother ask for these items :thumbsup2
I'm starting to feel like an alien but heres the deal in our home: They already have their own desktops in an area we can moniter usage and will not recieve laptops until college because saftey blocks do FAIL- happened to DD11 this summer! They own very nice MP3 players, not ipods and will receive cell phones in HS. They can borrow our prepaid kid cell phone as needed for sleepovers and trips until then. We also do not allow television in bedrooms- so we're just outright freaks. Now I'm done hijacking the thread. LOL!

I completely agree with you also! I am NOT shocked at all by what the kids are asking for, BUT I am extremely speechless that so many parents are giving in to what their kids want! Cellphones, Ipod touch, laptop, webcams?? really... they NEED all these things as a tween? What the heck are you going to get them at 16?? Well I guess when my kids come home, saying that they are the ONLY ones who don't have these thing, it will be true....

Well my kids don't need anything except love, food, clothes and shelter and since I already give them all that stuff each and everyday, I have no problem giving them some things they want from time to time :) As far as what are they going to be asking for at 16, just more of the same ;)

She volunteers for our vet.

I think that is wonderful of her, what a sweet kid you have.

I think that is wonderful of her, what a sweet kid you have.

She absolutely loves it. She wants to be a vet when she graduates highschool. Thankfully our vet is nice enough to allow it.

As for kids having cell phones, both my girls have one and they are 16 and 12. Both got theirs around the time they turned 11 which is about the time they started doing activities that I was not involved with. Though we could live without them (people did it for years) I like knowing where my children are and knowing they can reach me if needed. My 12 year old rarely uses her phone. Its kind of funny. Often times, her friends call our home trying to find out why she isnt answering her cell.

The way I think about many of these items is that when WE were kids these things were NOT available so it is hard to say "I survived tweenhood by not having those things"

My Dd has not really asked for anything. She just got a new puppy and her Dad told her if he got it for her she would not get anything else. She was ok with that.

She has been wanting a Nintendo Ds for many years and she never even received a gameboy until I found a great deal on the original Gameboy a few years ago (even though many other versions were out by then) She has been way behind "the times" on stuff like that since we do not go out and get all the newer, bigger, better. However...I did find a great deal on Dell for the DSi which she will get and will be so excited I am not sure if she will scream, cry, or pass out when she opens it because I have told her for years now that she will NOT be getting a Ds, DSlite, or anything like that until I can get it for under $70.

I am also trying to get her all 3 movies from Back To The Future . She LOVES those movies and she is hoping to get these.

She absolutely loves it. She wants to be a vet when she graduates highschool. Thankfully our vet is nice enough to allow it.

When my daughter was a Freshman in High School she started volunteering at the local Vet office after school for 2 hours. When she became a Junior in High School, they offered her a job (low paying, but she didn't care, she has a love for animals!) and so she began working after school everyday for 4 hours. After she graduated high school, she went to college to become a Vet and she graduated a year ago and now is a Vet at the same place she started at when she was a Freshman! I couldn't be more proud of her!! :)

Your daughter is doing a wonderful service for everyone! :)

OT but I had to post about the girls volunteering at the vet...dd is 11 1/2 and has always wanted to be a vet...will it last, I don't know, but she is shadowing our vet over Christmas break. She is so excited! I hadn't thought about her volunteering there. Thanks for posting - I will definitely keep that in mind when she gets older!

And Jacoby 46 - you have reason to proud! That is a great story!:goodvibes

OT but I had to post about the girls volunteering at the vet...dd is 11 1/2 and has always wanted to be a vet...will it last, I don't know, but she is shadowing our vet over Christmas break. She is so excited! I hadn't thought about her volunteering there. Thanks for posting - I will definitely keep that in mind when she gets older!

And Jacoby 46 - you have reason to proud! That is a great story!:goodvibes

Mine has wanted to be a vet since she was 5 or 6 and at nearly 13, still loves it. The vet she volunteers for primarily works with cats, dogs, and horses. DD has been with her since she was 9. She now pretty much does everything there is to do. Has even assisted in surgery several times. It is a wonderful opportunity, though it does take some of the glamour out of it as there is alot of nastiness (poo, blood, etc) DD loves it though, even when she goes in to work and the only job needed done is horse stalls. Our vet has already told her when she is 15 1/2, they will hire her.

I would love to start my DN 11 on these books. Can anyone recommend where to start? Someone mentioned there is a girl heroine in one? I went to the website and it is overwhelming.
Thanks
Suzanne

My DD10 is so funny. She asked for a hair dryer, an Easy Bake oven (seriously?!?!?), a cell phone (not until her 11th birthday *** it has to be earned with trust), Taylor Swift/Camp Rock/Hannah/Jonas cds, Webkinz/Littlest Pet Shop VIPs, Harry Potter 6 DVD, Claire's and Justice gift cards.

DD10 has asked to go to summer camp for 4 weeks this summer (she went last year for 2 weeks). So I told her it affect her gifts for Christmas.

Her list is short: a DSi and a club penguin 6-month membership gift card.

The purpose of the DSi is to be able to go online, so I'm thinking of getting her a netbook computer instead -- it's not much more $-wise, but I think it might be better in the long run.

I've also picked up Apples to Apples game, Wii Resort Sports, and a Garfield calendar. I'm going online to the Camp Store and picking up a T-shirt to remind her about the camp commitment.

Just giving a lil bump!

If you were planning to buy some of your items tomorrow (Black Friday) check with the retailers online. MANY are offering their Black Friday sale prices online, most with free shipping or other bonuses. I bought quite a few things from Aeropostale with free shipping, a $10 off code, and a FREE teddy bear. Also bought a few DS and Wii games from Best Buy ($9.99) and Amazon ($9.99-$19.99).

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!! Eat well and enjoy your day with your loved ones!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter