What does your toothfairy pay?

At our house the Tooth Fairy gives $10..... It started with about $9. in change put in a metal heart shaped box Dh made me in collage (metal shop)for our first wedding Ann.....
He came up with the swell idea for using it as a Tooth box..He filled it to the brim for 3 or so years and then we lost the lid at Grandma' house. Now we just give $10 mainly due to the ease of it and the looks the kids got bringing $9. in change to stores to buy stuff. We gave $20 for a Dentist pulled one last year. I guess that is alot but our kids would have noticed if we had lowered it 3 years into the "Fairy years"! If I had known we would end up with 6 kids it would have been $5..LOL:lmao:
The oldest 2 along with a cousin found the Tooth stash in a grandfather clock that I had been keeping all if their teeth all of these years.... That blew Santa and The bunny out of the water.... I still remember the screaming....It seems I did not close the zip lock bag well enuff and when they opened the door 50 or so teeth fell on their heads!!!! :lmao: Thank The lord the other kids were outside. What a long talk that was...Now they have helped me with the younger kids and as long as they keep the "Joy" alive they still reap the benifits.
I will say the kids have all saved most of the money and have their own secret stash if the fall in love with something Dh and I will not pay for. ;)

When my DD13 lost her second tooth I thought I pulled out a ten (it was dark) but it was really a hundred! :scared:

I let it slide, but from then on ten was my max (or I'd have to ask for it back)! :lmao: I had to explain to her that the tooth fairy must have made a mistake, because when she lost her third tooth she said "Mom, why'd I get less than last time? I thought the tooth fairy gave you even more money each time you lost another tooth!".

This is a fun thread

In our house the TF always leaves 1 Disney Dollar which she rolls up and ties with floss. I guess it didn't occur to her that the first tooth required a bigger payment - Oops! :blush:

Lately she has also been leaving a note thanking my DD for the floss she leaves with her lost tooth.

My DD loves getting a Disney Dollar. She used her first one for a Mickey stick (with input from mom, of course) on our vacation following that lost tooth.

My DS7 has only lost 3 teeth so far and has gotten a $1 Presidential coin each time. When he lost his first tooth on a Saturday night, our Tooth Fairy was very unprepared and did not have any of these Presidential coins onhand. We informed DS that the Tooth Fairy does not work on weekends, thus "buying" us more time to get to a bank!!

My six year old has FOUR missing teeth right now. LOL The bottom two fell out a year ago and they are already grown in but in the last week he has lost three on top and one on the bottom...

He gets one "folded" dollar (like a fan, or a ring, or last night a frog) and one Disney dollar, he is convinced that the toothfairy is tinkerbell. :rotfl:

for my kids first tooth lost, they got a special toy (for dd it was a snow white barbie doll, and ds it was a transformer)... and for each tooth after, $5.

So far $5 per tooth. Ds6 has lost 3 (one was pulled by the dentist) and has 2 more barely holding on.

Dd4 had 2 absessed teeth removed surgically 3 weeks ago -- she got $10 under her pillow at the hospital.

Our toothfairy is also cheap. $2 for the first tooth, $1 per tooth after that. My kids have compared with their friends. Some kids gets what they get, others get more. My kids want to know why the tooth fairy doesn't give everyone the same. I kind of bumble my way throught this every time it comes up, but somehow they take my explanations. My kids think that rich parents give money to Santa and the tooth fairy so those kids get more because their parents have paid for it.

This is our plan, except with disney $$. He got $2 for his first tooth and lost his 2nd today. Hubby and I had discussed and we got like .25 and he got something else, I got a pack of sugar free gum. Not sure what will happen if he loses one at my parents house, I may just have to slide my parents a couple of disney dollars to have, just in case!! He goes to my parents and spends the night, maybe once every other month, but that would be my luck...he'd loose it there and then, what would they do. My parents know that the tooth fairy leaves disney $$. She asked DS tonight if he thought he was going to get somemore disney $$.

The TF leaves $1 here as well -- sometimes a gold coin, sometimes a bill or sometimes lots of smaller coins. The TF just has a way of knowing what my girls want.

Our TF sometimes isn't very neat though. A few times, after dd woke up and couldn't find her $$, I helped her find it. Apparently, it fell on the floor beside the bed. DD swears she looked there, but that was where I found it. :rolleyes1

Our dd got $5 for her first tooth she lost. Every subsequent tooth was $2 either cash or Disney $$. With the exception of one that the dentist pulled and she got $5 for it.

Let me add my own TF question if you all don't mind. If a child know the truth...do they still get tf $?

When DD was 6, she lost her first tooth the same night my DF passed away. I took 2.00 from his wallet, he never carried a lot of paper money but had the check card and I thought he would have wanted for her to have it. Sometimes, it has varied from 2.00 -5.00.
In October she had a loose tooth and we were about to go to Oahu, I told her to not mess with it in eating on that side until we go to Hawaii, a week later. We get to get to the condo, I am unpacking everything and she comes in the kitchen with the tooth. So, she received extra money because the toothfairy had to travel far to reach her.
Good question about if they know, around Xmas DD realized the "truth" about certain things and she hasn't lost any teeth since.

Our dd got $5 for her first tooth she lost. Every subsequent tooth was $2 either cash or Disney $$. With the exception of one that the dentist pulled and she got $5 for it.

Let me add my own TF question if you all don't mind. If a child know the truth...do they still get tf $?

We haven't dealt with this yet, but I think they will still get money. My kids are 3 1/2 years apart, so I expect my older one will know first. The Tooth Fairy will have to keep it up until the younger one knows, but it doesn't seem fair that the older one would get paid for more teeth that way. Since they only lose 20 teeth, it won't break the Tooth Fairy to keep paying!

The tooth fairy was going to start off with $10 for the first tooth and then $5 afterwards. But then dd6 pulled out her own tooth so we felt that was worthy of $10 again. This tooth was so stubborn too, because the adult tooth was half way out coming in at a really crooked angle way behind the baby. I didn't want to take her to the dentist to pull it out (already had enough bad experiences with that), and so we were determined to do it on our own. She spent an hour tugging on it and it finally came out while she was lying in bed at night. The other front lower adult had come out before the baby too, and when that baby tooth came out, the adult tooth actually moved into place really nicely. I just hope the same happens with this one!

We have always given $5 for every tooth. There have been some nights that they have gotten a pack of baseball cards or somethng to go with it...like when my one son accidently swallowed one of his teeth :confused: :sad1:

My oldest son already knows about the TF, he receives the same as the younger ones....otherwise they will wonder why he doesn't get the same as them.

The toothfairy at our house pays $5 a tooth.....unless it doesn't sparkle and shine...if there would be a cavity....not as much....my DD has not put a yucky tooth under her pillow yet:thumbsup2

Ditto - and be careful if your children lose a tooth at someone else's house - my parents were watching DD one night when her tooth fell out - they had me convinced that the tooth fairy left her $10 at their house - I thought we were going to have to leave $10 from then on! Luckily they were just pulling my leg! :lmao:

My DD's friends parents were pretty mad at us because our tooth fairy gave $5 for DD's 1st tooth. We had to explain that was for the 1st tooth only. SO far I think it has been $1 or $2 for each tooth after that, but there hasn't been too many.

Maybe I will do it like the bog in the curio shop at Webkinz, the price of the tooth depends on the demand and how many the tooth fairy happens to have just picked up. If she has a lot of that tooth, less money for it. Works for me! :laughing:

My mom always said the tooth fairy doesn't pay for ones with fillings or cavities in them.

Our tooth fairy leaves a $2 bill. Except the night I forgot and we told DS that the Tooth Fairy was afraid of our dog.;) She left the $2 bill plus an extra $1 for being late!!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter