What does your family do on your first night at Disney?

We take an early flight in, eat lunch at our resort, hit up DTD, and eat dinner at T-Rex. This is our first day tradition every trip, without fail.

This is the first trip with just the DH and I. We land at 11:30 am. Have 3 fp scheduled from 4-8 at MK and then hoping to hit Trader Sams before our 9:30 O'Hana ADR. Last year we landed at 11 am and did the MK all day, MNSSHP and then the late VSS. That was a long arrival day!!

When we don't have annual passes we use the first evening for our DTD day and have dinner there. When we have AP we go to a park for a few hours.

Our tradition was when we got there on Friday, Chef Mickey's and back to the hotel. When we arrive any other night of the week, someplace not Chef Mickey's and back to the hotel. Fridays were fish night. They had better stuff out that night. We usually got there around 4 or so. And after a long drive it was best just to do a restaurant, chill, maybe take a swim, and get to bed. It isn't a matter of saving a day on the ticket because extra days cost very little at that point. It was a matter of just needing a good night's sleep to recharge after a long drive before hitting the parks the next morning.

Whoops. I hit quote rather than edit. I thought my post needed a bit of expanding.

This will be our first visit since 2010. We land at 12:45 and hope to be in MK by 4PM. We'll tackle all the Adventure land rides and head over to Tomorrow land if the kids are still going strong. We're staying at the Contemporary and will have 4 girls who were either not born or just babies the last time we went; I can't imagine them being able to see Magic Kingdom from the hotel and not going that first night!

Since we drive nearly 14 hours to get to WDW (wife will not board a plane) we just hang out at the resort and go walk around DTD. We spend most of the afternoon setting up the room for our stay and will probably make a Walmart run for things we need for our stay.

Liberty Tree Tavern for our first night's dinner ALWAYS... except this year. Renovations underway. Hopefully, they will be expanding those World Record Smallest Restrooms :/

It depends. Last trip we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner. Then Grandma took the kids back to the hotel and the grownups went to EPCOT for Test Track, a few drinks, Illuminations, and After Hours Wind Down (RIP).

This trip - just me and my sister - we are going to Jiko for dinner and will spend some time exploring AKR.

For our next big family trip, we will probably do an evening at Disney Springs.

The very first year we went we stayed at the resort and explored and it became the longest day of our lives. Now we check in, change from pants to the shorts we brought in our carry on, and head straight for Magic Kingdom. We never make an ADR on our arrival day as we are tired and just grab QS on the go, and we make our FP+ times for a good hour or two after we think we can be in the park.

We drive and usually arrive at the resort around noon. We'll have a light QS lunch at the resort then head to Epcot. We'll FP+ either Soarin' or TT, and Spaceship Earth. We'll then wander around WS for the rest of the afternoon and have an early dinner somewhere in WS. If we're feeling energetic, we might stick around for Illuminations but more likely to head back to the resort and get a good night's sleep before doing RD at a park the next morning.

We drive in so we arrive around dinner time and have a late reservation for dinner at DTD and spend some time walking around there and go to bed early so we can hit the parks at rope drop the next day.

This is what we always do:

Arrive at resort, get the "lay of the Land", and buy our sundries
Unpack and put things away at the villa
Head out for cocktails and apps
Good nights sleep to prepare for first full day!
This year we head to Raglan Road for Dalkey Duo and beer flights!

We all have health issues, so the day of travel down from New York really takes it out of us. We may make it to a park for a few rides, but generally we look around the resort, have supper, and have an early night.

The first thing I do is go to the front desk to make sure the correct tickets on my magic bands are marked as the primary ones...in spite of this generally day 2 is spent at guest services in the park because of some sort of ticket issue on our magic bands. This describes the frustration of not our last trip, the the three prior to that...

We eat then sleep. It's a 9 to 10 hour flight direct (depending on which airport we fly out of) or anything up to 18 hours if we have connections so we're always too tired to do anything other than crashing out!

We drive down, check in, and then hop the bus to Epcot. First ride is Spaceship Earth, family tradition!

This time we are arriving pretty late, so straight to bed for us. This way we can fully dedicate our first day in FL to MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter