What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can get magnetic sheets for home printers at places like....Wal Mart, Office Depot, Office Max, Target, Fred Myers.... as you can see you can find it alot of places...And yes you can use it in home printers

From what I've found the best deal is Office Depot (at least around my house)

I just got my magnetic paper from Office depot. I only bought 5 sheets. I should have bought more. Anyway, it was pretty easy to print on. I just had to give my paper a little push as it started to print. :flower:

I made a couple of signs to put on our cabin door for the DVC cruise Sept. 3, but I don't know how to send them to Disboards to show them off. I guess you will all be surprised when we get on the ship! :rotfl2:

cquick said:
I made a couple of signs to put on our cabin door for the DVC cruise Sept. 3, but I don't know how to send them to Disboards to show them off. I guess you will all be surprised when we get on the ship! :rotfl2:

Oh, we can find ways to help you get your door signs posted here on the Mag door thread. :maleficen :rolleyes: Aha ha ha ha ha ha

Today's my birthday and we only have one more month to go until the DVC member's cruise!:bounce: :love: ::Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana:

cquick, I sent you a PM for how to upload pics of your signs.

And :bday: :)

ETA: Part of the directions say "the pics I sent to you". Disregard this; I originally sent this to someone I made signs for and forgot to take it out befor I sent them to you.

can I get the "how to upload your sign" pm also?

please and thank you

Susy

Here are the magnetic signs I made for the DVC member cruise on Labor Day! This is the first time I've tried to post photo's, so I hope it works out!

Connie - those look great! It will be fun walking around seeing all the DIS'ers signs on the cruise!

cquick said:
Here are the magnetic signs I made for the DVC member cruise on Labor Day! This is the first time I've tried to post photo's, so I hope it works out!

Glad you got your pics posted. Saw Jenny PM'd you about posting. She was too quick on the draw for me.

91742DSp-med.jpg

and
91742DS1-med.jpg

For everyone who wants to learn how to post pics, I decided, instead of sending out PMs every time, to just post the instructions here. Now we can just refer people to this post in the future!

Okay, this CAN be complicated but doesn't need to be... as long as I break it down step by step. Not that you're dumb... just so I'm clear!

1) You can upload your photos to a photo hosting site. I use www.photodump.com. Any site like this will do. It's a photo hosting site. At the top of the page it says "Welcome to PhotoDump", and you click there to register to use the site (it's free).

2) Once you log in, you can upload the photos. You do so by clicking on the link on the left hand side.

3) Leave the top dropdown box as is.

4) Go to image file #1. Click on "browse".

5) This opens up a box where you can browse the files saved onto your computer. You'll need to know where you saved the images to on your computer. I'd recommend somewhere easy so you can remember it.

6) When you found the file, doubleclick on it. This will close the box and send you back to the "image file #1" page on photodump.com.

7) Click upload! Don't mess with anything; the icon in the upper right hand corner will show the page is working to upload.

8) When the file has uploaded, the page will refresh and show the picture has uploaded.

9) Copy the Filename web address starting with the "http" and ending with the "jpg".

10) Open a SECOND browser window (open up Netscape or Internet Explorer or whatever you use to surf the web).

11) Log onto the DIS boards and go to the thread. Get to the page where you post your reply.

12) Paste the link you copied into the text box.

13) Repeat this process for all the images you want to post links to.

14) It's best, IMHO, to post the link to the webpage so that it doesn't take forever for the thread to load and your post isn't humongus.

Is this clear? Hope this helps!

I am a scrapbooker so I took 12x12 paper and made scrapbook pages. Then I had them laminated and placed heavy magnets on the back. We also made door signs that decorated the bathroom doors. I was then able to place them in our scrapbook when we got home.
doorsigns.jpg

I love those SIGNS~ we rae going on our 1st Cruise on oct 29-eastern/magic and those would be fun!

Rachel

Dear donaldsgal! Thanks for the birthday wishes.....How did you know?! I celebrate my birthday ALL of August!!!!

:flower: I made my signs on magnetic paper from Staples....Xerox brand. It went right through the printer! I used photobucket.com to transfer them to http: then sent them to Disboards. I also made sure I used the "thumbnails" option, so they wouldn't be too large to send. You can click on the photo to see them larger.

I can't wait to meet everyone in person on the cruise. And we've decided to stay at Disneyland Hotel in July 2006 for a week after we go to a family wedding in San Diego!

Connie and Chuck :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter