What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verandah Man said:
I found a site that has banner paper, it's cheaper than I found at Staples, even with the shipping charges. Here is the link if you would like to check it out: http://edushop.edu4kids.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1271

"Smooth surface for printing brilliant color. Contains enough to make 20 banners 55 inches long. 100 total 8 1/2" x 11" sheets, 1 fan-folded continuous sheet stack 1100 inches long. White $13.61." :Pinkbounc Wow! A whole 55" of creativity waiting for us all! I can't wait! :hourglass

ok, i have my magnetic sheets and i have a few pics that im going to take into walgreens sale 2 8x10s for $5. i am going to have them printed up add a few other small pics & sayings and laminate the whole thing. i didnt want to take the chance of wasting the printer ink & magnetci paper to get it all right, plus spend money on the software to print out pics. this way i collage it all together one time and im done.

Verandah Man said:
If you look close, you will see that is Minnie not Mickey in the photo[/b]

OH MAN, YES IT IS MINNIE. Good eye there, Verandah Man

Can't wait to see the Banner

Isn't this fun. I am enjoying this very much - it calls for dancing bananas

:banana: :banana: :banana:

mickey_8001.jpg

Don't know if this worked or not.... First time posting a pic on the boards...
Not sure if I will be using this sign, it is my first one that I have ever done... Boy alot of firsts today!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hawaii5o said:
mickey_8001.jpg

Not sure if I will be using this sign, it is my first one that I have ever done... Boy alot of firsts today!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

BOY, super nice pic you made. Isn't this fun doing all this??

hawaii5o said:
mickey_8001.jpg

Very Nice hawaii5o!!!

I just finished making my "first" test banner. I haven't printed it out yet because I haven't any banner paper, LOL!!! I had to reduce the size of the banner "quite" a bit to show it on here. The original size is 6280 X 767, the reduced size is 500 X 61. Anyhow, here is my "first" attempt at making a banner for our stateroom.
2006%20Cruisin'%20Castaways%20Banner.jpg

Way to go Hawaii5o! That is an awesome FIRST sign you made!

VM- Cool banner! Let us know how it prints out. Do you have it taking the whole 55"? You probably do. :teeth:

How tall is the DCL stateroom door? Over 55" I'm sure? Hmmm...an interesting idea for outside the room. I wonder how much it would cost to laminate some thing like that? If I ever find out, I'll let you all know.

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc This thread has turned out to be really exciting! :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Verandah Man said:
Very Nice hawaii5o!!!

I just finished making my "first" test banner. I haven't printed it out yet because I haven't any banner paper, LOL!!! I had to reduce the size of the banner "quite" a bit to show it on here. The original size is 6280 X 767, the reduced size is 500 X 61. Anyhow, here is my "first" attempt at making a banner for our stateroom.
2006%20Cruisin'%20Castaways%20Banner.jpg

WE HAVE A TOTAL "MONSTER" HERE. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I love it

This banner will be hung inside our stateroom, somewhere. LOL!!!

No Travel Channel, but luckily, someone did tape the DCL show for me two years ago. I just watched it again last week.

Laurajean1014 said:
DCL on the Travel Channel Right NOW>

Augh! It's "Travel Spies"! So, real quick what am I missing?????

PizzieDuster said:
My DD5 and I are watching it too, while I'm packing underwear and socks and a lil ironing.... we leave Saturday! :cool1: :cheer2:

Do you have a door sign you can share with the group? Pleeeeeeaase!? :teeth:

Verandah Man said:
This banner will be hung inside our stateroom, somewhere. LOL!!!

VM, If you would be so kind, let us know how the banner looked in your room. I'm sure your stateroom attendants will be SHOCKED to say the least. :earseek: Banners popping up every where!

This is such a great thread. Sorry for posting so much, but I like to keep the topics seperate. Besides, it bumps up my post count ;)

8:08pm, just thought of some thing. Which wall would have the most blank space? Maybe the banner would have to be suspended by the ceiling? Any thoughts on that????

taeja71 said:
VM, If you would be so kind, let us know how the banner looked in your room. I'm sure your stateroom attendants will be SHOCKED to say the least. :earseek: Banners popping up every where!

This is such a great thread. Sorry for posting so much, but I like to keep the topics seperate. Besides, it bumps up my post count ;)

8:08pm, just thought of some thing. Which wall would have the most blank space? Maybe the banner would have to be suspended by the ceiling? Any thoughts on that????

I was thinking of hanging it where the curtain divides the room, or maybe taping it above our bed. :rotfl:

I guess I won't really know until I get back on the ship in August 2006. :confused3

:teeth: :badpc: Darn that excitment! :goodvibes Thanks Laurajean....getting me all in trouble :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: I swear, I didn't mean to get off topic, I just responded, because I happened to be on line and watching the program, and all excited, but I was HERE for the right reason.... door signs.

taeja71 said:
Do you have a door sign you can share with the group? Pleeeeeeaase!? :teeth:

Relax. :wizard: I do have one, I swear! But a year ago, it was hideous. Too embarrassing! :earseek:

Before ye make me walk the plank captain :teeth: , I will take all the ideas I read above and be sure to post my door sign A.S.A.P. for ye sail date Saturday. pirate: :cloud9:

My DH just told me I better have a GOOD door sign now! :rotfl2:

I've got some awesome ideas! Thanks everyone! :love: You are all so talented!

hawaii5o: Just curious, are you related to any Gallagher's in Virginia? I am just wondering, we are from VA & we are Gallagher's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter