What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make some signs for our cruise in December. I can only tupe a letter. Can you tell me what program you used to make these signs?

There are several programs that can be used to make these signs. I've heard PowerPoint mentioned quite frequently but Word, Print Shop, Comic Life, PhotoShop, QuarkXpress, PageMaker, and others can also be used. Basically any program that will let you insert a picture and type can be used to make a sign.

Heck, you don't even really need programs -- print out a few graphics/pictures and use some scrapbooking/craft materials to put 'em together the old-fashioned way! :)

Sandy,

your stick figures look like the window decals that are available at DL (and probably WDW). Did you just scan them?
Yes, they are window decals. I found them on a website that sells them. If you (or anyone else) would like any of the figures, I can post them separately. They also have a princess girl, a baby, and a dog.

Yes, they are window decals. I found them on a website that sells them. If you (or anyone else) would like any of the figures, I can post them separately. They also have a princess girl, a baby, and a dog.

Yes, please. I just tried to find them myself, but all I'm finding is pics of the package, which has them as white on a black background, instead of the black on white that you have.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

My girls saw some great suncatchers at the craft store and I thought maybe they could be hung on the door with little suction cups. It's something they can create on their own...
Any thoughts?

Yes If you could post them all I would appreciate it Thanks

Yes, please. I just tried to find them myself, but all I'm finding is pics of the package, which has them as white on a black background, instead of the black on white that you have.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
The ones I found are white on a black background also. I used the negative option in print shop to change them to the black on white. I'll post the original images, if you can't change them with a program you have, let me know and I can do it for you.

My girls saw some great suncatchers at the craft store and I thought maybe they could be hung on the door with little suction cups. It's something they can create on their own...
Any thoughts?
I've never used suction cups, but the doors slam pretty hard, I'd be afraid the suncatchers would break.

Yes If you could post them all I would appreciate it Thanks
Sure, I'll post them all. I forgot to mention, there's a girl with mouse ears too, not just the princess.

1H1.jpg
1I1.jpg
1K1.jpg
1J1.jpg
1L1.jpg
1O1.jpg
1M1.jpg
1N1.jpg

FAO: cmacf1

Regarding the door sign with 'Little bit pirate, little bit princess' on it....... would you mind if I borrowed it so I can make similar for my nieces please? It's a lovely sign and I'm sure they would really like one each.

I can't put a picture of it here as I'm not allowed for some reason, I just hope cmacf1 reads this!!

Thanks in hope

Bats

FAO: cmacf1

Regarding the door sign with 'Little bit pirate, little bit princess' on it....... would you mind if I borrowed it so I can make similar for my nieces please? It's a lovely sign and I'm sure they would really like one each.

I can't put a picture of it here as I'm not allowed for some reason, I just hope cmacf1 reads this!!

Thanks in hope

Bats

Bats -- Please feel free to use it. I got it from either Amy or Pat on the Creative DISigns board and I amended it to suit my needs. They are very helpful and generous with their designs and I like to be sure to give them credit!

Cathy

Great thread!!! I'm so excited about my first cruise and will start making signs for our door today!!!!

Tinker Belle - your door signs are adorable. Would you mind sharing how you did the individual signs in the mickey head shape with each person's name on them that was at the top of your door? Thanks!

Okay, I tried my hand at a door sign. I can't remember posting this so I hope it's not a double post. Anyway... this may change if I have another idea between now and April, but right now, this is the one I plan to leave up all week :-)

FamilyDoorDecoration.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter