What does WDW do for terminally ill adults?

UrsulaFan

Mouseketeer
I have a 28 yo B-I-L that has been diagnosed terminal with testicular cancer (4 - 6 weeks left). Our families have gotten together to send them, (him, DW & 4 yo DS) on a whirl wind trip to WDW. I am wondering if WDW does anything special for adult guests in this situation. They will be arriving on 2/12 and leaving on 2/16. Ressie is for AS Music. I'd appreciate hearing about anyone's experiences. Thank you, Kim

P.S. Dear Moderator, If this should be posted on another board please move it for me. :)

Please come over to the disABILITIES Board and check out things. We can help with any questions you have. We also have information about wheelchair or scooter rental from outside vendors. You can also often get one free of charge from the resort, but it's not guaranteed that one will be available.
Here's a phone number to call for help at the resort:
WDW Resort Special Reservations at (407) 939-7807 (voice) or (407) 939-7670 (TTY)
They can assist with room assignment and any special equipment he might need.
He should also get a referral (if possible) from his doctors so he has a place to turn to if he has problems while at WDW. At the very least, he should have a letter from his doctor with a summary of his condition, medications, etc and information on how to contact his own doctor. That would also be very helpful (and help ease their minds) in case he has problems.
Feel free to PM or email me privatly if you would like.

I don't have any information for you but just wanted to send some thoughts and prayers to your family. How wonderful all of you are for sending his family to a wonderful and magical place. Beautiful memories will be made. You may want to do a photo shoot for the family. I think if you find Memories of life time or something like that they can make the arrangements to have a portrait picture of the family or you can have a photographer actually follow them through out the day and take shots. From what I hear it is great and they aren't right on top of you and get those shots you wish you had, meaning everyone gets pictures taken.
I don't know what else could be done but Bless all of you!

Thought perhaps if I moved this to the disABILITIES board you would get some more responses.
Good Luck.

Hi! Welcome to the disABILITIES Board! I see that SueM has already said hello. :)

Let us know what we can help you with - I would imagine that a wheelchair rental might be in order, and also a Guest Assistance Card or GAC. Click on the link in my signature to get some idea of what may be available for you, and please feel free to ask questions. :)

Thanks to ABCmom for moving this over.
Please ask any more questions that you can think of.

UrsulaFan,

Your post made me pause. Before my mother died of lung cancer a few years ago (they gave her 3-6 mos.) we planned a trip to Disneyland. She wanted to take her granddaughters (my daughters) and share the magic with them. As our travel dates approached, she was very nervous she would be too weak and sick to travel, so we cancelled the trip. Right before she died, she told me that was one of her biggest regrets~not going on the trip.

I hope your BIL has a special time with his son and wife. I am sure the CMs will bend over backwards to help. Good luck with the planning and God Bless~

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter