• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What does it mean when a bus says Bambi?

Sarah McD

Earning My Ears
When I was at WDW two weeks ago, I kept seeing buses that said Bambi on them (which was seriously disappointing when waiting for your bus) and I'm still really curious what that means.

I believe that CM shuttles are named after Disney characters. ;)

I remember seeing Pluto on busses near the CR/MK and that was what I was told.

Any CMs on the forums who can confirm?

That the bus is not going to All Star Sports or Hollywood Studios or Disney Springs or Polynesian or other desired destination unless the driver says so either proactively or after being asked or unless the sign alternately flashes such desired destination.

Some time ago such "character buses" ran early in the morning to take guests to early breakfast reservations.

Occasionally on the (Boston) MBTA a bus will load up at a designated platform for a route and pull out still signed "out of service". This is confusing to other passengers along the way and wanting that destination since they would not realize that their bus is coming (unless that bus was a quasi-express not accepting boarding passengers). Didn't someone report here that a character bus departed a resort without boarding anyone and the electronic platform sign coincidentally, mysteriously, and/or suspiciously showed the time for next bus pushed back 20 minutes or so?

Last edited:
I always thought they were training buses for drivers or special groups. One of our young, chatty drivers told use how much time and expense went in to training the drivers and while I can't remember many of the details, I was impressed.

Not a Disney bus driver but its been reported here in the past that these are buses for CM's going from a cast parking lot to a work location.

No, not a cm shuttle. Pluto is the only cm parking lot with a character name.

It just means the bus does not have a destination in the computer It could be a bus on the way to the fueling facility, or on the way to being parked for the night, or on a special run assigned off line. It's possible it could also be a training bus, but they're supposed to use Training or Earning My Ears on the marquee.

The character name changes from time to time as the software is updated. There's only one character name in use at a time, except for buses that have missed a software update.

We got picked up by one once. We were going from AK Lodge to POP Century, via Downtown Disney around 7pm. There were a few other families also doing 'none standard' trips. He asked us where we were all going, and took us straight there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter