• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What does it for you ...?

kevin_cambs_uk

Mouseketeer
I have been 6 times, last time in 2004, were really saving like mad to go this year, first time not in school hols which makes a huge difference, but I wondered what makes people remember Disney times when they are not there.

For me the other day I made filter coffee for the first time in ages, and that was it, memories of going to the gas station near downtown disney to fill up, get us a pizza and plenty of nut laden chocolate, then after that all the rest of the memories came flooding in !!

I wonder what does it for all of you ?:goodvibes

The things that do it for me at the mo is my DD4 danicng round the house in her bbb make over belle dress and wig.
She was so happy christmas day to have a dress just like belle that she could`nt stopping smiling, that made the rest of us happy.
The smell of the soap to, we picked some up on our last trip and it reminds me of the fun we had getting ready in the mornings to go to the parks..............................roll on sep :rotfl2:

Well, sorry to admit but most of it's to do with food.......the main one is the smell of cinnamon which reminds me of Universal and those GORGEOUS cinnamon sticks - cherrios?? Pancakes - IHOP, then I think of Funnel cakes in Magic Kingdom and the birds trying to eat them..........

Also, there's a couple of songs that we had playing on the CD in the car each morning on the 5 mins journey into the parks and when we all hear them now we all shout "Disney".

Oh well, 3 months to go before we can scoff again!!
Ju:dance3:

I have been 6 times, last time in 2004, were really saving like mad to go this year, first time not in school hols which makes a huge difference, but I wondered what makes people remember Disney times when they are not there.

For me the other day I made filter coffee for the first time in ages, and that was it, memories of going to the gas station near downtown disney to fill up, get us a pizza and plenty of nut laden chocolate, then after that all the rest of the memories came flooding in !!

I wonder what does it for all of you ?:goodvibes
At christmas my DD got vera wang perfume called princess ,the smell was just like the inside of main street sweet shop -cotton candy !! oh but to be there !

For me it's the smell of suncream. (I have been known to rub some on the back of my hand on a winter's morning just to get a "fix".)

Libby

Aussie Shampoo ~ Everytime I use it I'm transported back to Florida:yay:

Everytime I take the wife and children out to a restuarant and then the bill arrives :sad2: "Don't cost this much in Florida.... more value for money... where were my free refills etc..."

my tommy hilfiger perfume, its the only perfume i wear in florida and i when i need a fix i put it on , gone through nearly a full bottle since xmas!:rotfl: :rotfl: but as we are going again this year i dont have long to wait, like 37 weeks..........

I don't need anything!!!!!! Everyday, I wear something bought there, if not crocs, its jeans or something else!

Fortunately we now have a house out there, and my DH got some key rings made (with the villa on them), so every time I look at my keys, my mind is back there........

Even looking out of the window at our 'grey' weather.... and I'm wondering how blue the sky is out there....

We have a Mickey Hand (ceramic) in the kitchen for cooking spoons etc,, so even when I'm in the kitchen... something else is there to remind me!!

Thank goodness we're going back soon:yay:

Tracy xx

I usually have a disney watch (i have about 4 different ones now), I have a key ring from Castaway Cay and I have a cute little Beaver Mountie dangling from my handbag that I bought in Canada last time

For us it often comes up when we sit down for breakfast/brunch which doesn't happen very often... it's how come we're not on the balcony looking at the golf course!

Luckily we have DVC so we know we'll be going back soon enough...

The bodyspray that I took with me on our trip always reminds me of Florida - of getting ready in the morning on our way to somewhere exciting like IOA or SW, or getting ready in the evening before some lush dinner.

Only problem is it is on limited edition so I might not be able to get my fix soon!

Mine is also coffee, reminds me of the IHOP we visited many times. Also, as soon as I get out of the airport I recognise the "florida" smell immediately, wish they could bottle it and I could bring it home :)

Certain songs which we regularly hear while on holiday. We always tune the car radio to Magic FM over there. I listen on line now and again for a quick fix. I also have a secret stash of Mickey Mints which I get out on 'rainy' days :)

What a lovely thread, it's so interesting how it's something different for everybody that evokes so many memories and feelings......

For me it's the breakkie that I have at the villa before we go out.
Starbucks ice cold frappachino and bagels with skippy peanut butter.....

Mine is also coffee, reminds me of the IHOP we visited many times. Also, as soon as I get out of the airport I recognise the "florida" smell immediately, wish they could bottle it and I could bring it home :)

Now that I can relate to. :thumbsup2

That and when I fill the car up over here. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter