What does Disney offer for milk and peanut allergies

HsvScrapGirl

Mouseketeer
Okay, this is not a question thread, but rather a bit of an answer. We went to WDW in early September and took our 3 1/2 year old son, who has milk and peanut allergies, for his first Disney experience. When we were planning our trip I kept coming back to his allergies. So, if you have a kid with these or other allergies, I wanted to take an minute and reassure you that WDW does an amazing job with food allergies. I also wanted to share some pictures of the amazing food we found for our son while in the world. We are already planning another trip because they did so amazingly well with the allergies.
While in Magic Kingdom, we had lunch at Crystal Palace. The chef walked me through the entire buffet and told me what was and wasn't safe. I was quite impressed with his knowledge of what was available for our little guy. Here is a picture of his lunch. He also had a fruit salad.
3918883729_bc2f519a75.jpg

We had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. The food there was amazing. Our son was able to eat the rolls and the salad.
3918945949_69501e4810.jpg

The chef at LTT impressed me so much with his knowledge of food allergies. They brought DS a plate that contained milk free mashed potatoes, green beans, and an assortment of the meats. He even made a special gravy for him that was milk free. How awesome is that! He even had some milk free ice cream for dessert.
3918948233_74144bd141.jpg

At Hollywood Studios we went to the Sci Fi. DS had a special burger on a milk free, peanut free bun, fried some fresh french fries in a separate pan (to avoid cross contact), and apple slices. The hamburger bun was hard as a rock, so he didn't eat the burger. But he ate all of his fries. They brought him a dessert too. He had a little ice cream sundae made with milk free ice cream, milk free chocolate syrup, and Mickey sprinkles! He was in heaven. Here is his burger plate.
3920081533_d4fe1f27f7.jpg

Our last meal at WDW was at Garden Grill. They fixed DS milk free chicken strips, french fries, some milk free rolls, a cup of tomatoes, and mixed fresh fruit for dessert. He was more interested in the characters than he was the food, but he loved the tomatoes, french fries, and fruit. Here he is with part of his food.
3919906855_afffe4bdfe.jpg

I hope this thread is helpful to some of those parents out there dealing with food allergies and trying to plan out your foods. Of the four places we ate, I highly recommend LTT. The food was so good and the chef there just seemed to be the most knowledgeable about food allergies. We will be going back there next time.
Thanks for taking the time to look at this post. I know not everyone is interested in this stuff, but I also know that there are some that will be.

Thank you so much for posting this, HsvScrapGirl! It provided my DH and I a lot of reassurance, as we are planning our first trip to WDW in less than 3 weeks from now. Our youngest has a peanut allergy and a milk sensitivity, so your photos and information gave a us a tremendous amount of peace of mind- something that only parents of children with food allergies can truly understand. Thanks again!:)

We are leaving in 5 days for our second trip with my 6 y/o twins who are allergic to milk. WDW was the first place I truly felt like I was on "vacation", where I didnt' have to pack my kids' dinner just to be able to go out to eat.

I, too, was impressed with the knowledge and concern of the chefs regarding food allergies.

We are eating at Garden Grill and Sci Fi -- my girls will really like if they can have chicken strips!

I would suggest going to the disABILITIES Forum and look at Post #3 of the disABILITIES FAQs. There is a large section in that post dealing with special dietary needs, as well as many related links. You can get directly to the disABILITIES FAQs by following the link in my signature.

This is a very common topic of discussion in the disABILITIES Forum.

Thanks HsvScrapGirl, I also think Disney does a great job with allergies! Maybe you could post your feedback and pictures on the DISabilities Board. Many people will really appreciate that! Especially since you have pictures too! :thumbsup2

I am lactose intolerant and I prefer to drink soy milk with my coffee and things like that and they have always been more than happy to provide it to me when we have a TS breakfast or something! Good to hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter