• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What does Disney do for wedding anniversaries of couples who had Disney fairytale weddings?

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
We are going to celebrate our anniversary on our upcoming trip to WDW. We had a Disney fairytale wedding at Disneyland in 2005 and then had our honeymoon at WDW and DCL. So we were wondering if they do anything special for us or not.

Lucky you! A fairy tale wedding must have been so special!

I don't really know, but I would doubt that they will do much to commemorate the occasion. You could make a note of it on your reservation, though. It might result in some pixie dust! I just wouldn't count on anything or you may be disappointed.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

As Babsy noted not much. We went for our 45th anniversary and nothing special other than a button. But who knows what they will do. Good luck !! All luck of the draw. Some people don't think too much of couple who stayed together over 25 years lol.

Congradulations on your anniversary !!!

Doubtful, and I am not asking sarcastically, why would they? There's many celebration options they'll gladly sell you though! I'd really not expect anything more than a "Happy Anniversary" button.

DH and I got married at Disney World in October and we didn't get anything special really. We got the retired "Just Married" pins from a CM at ASSp. We wore them and CMs congratulated us, but nothing spectacular. Though we did get really good seats at Fantasmic when a CM noticed our pins. We're going in September for our one year anniversary, but we aren't expecting anything grand to happen. Maybe a few congratulations. We'll be wearing the anniversary pins.

One of my DDs had a Disney wedding. And honeymoon. They returned for their anniversary and didn't receive anything that any other couple celebrating their anniversary might receive. Not that they were expecting anything. A button. Lots of congratulations. A couple of free cupcakes at dinners. They did have customized menus with their names and a "happy anniversary" printed on them when they dined at Citricos. That's where we had held their wedding dinner.

I bet lurkyloo would know. (she even wrote a book for passporter)

Her first anniversary trip is here. Just remember that her wedding was a few years back and things change.

Honestly, I think that she and her husband continue to pour money into Disney's coffers, rather than getting lots of free items. :)

I've not heard of anything special.

We married in the UK, and were at WDW last year for our anniversary last summer. We got the anniversary badges, which led to lots of congratulations and the occasion treat (we got some Grey Stuff at BOG and a cupcake- with breakfast!!- at Crystal Palace)... Our room was upgraded (studio at SSR to One Bedroom Villa), but we didn't know until we got to our room, so have no clue if it was the check-in CM pixie-dusting us for our anniversary/first trip or because we were nice and friendly, or simply a rooming necessity for the bookings they had at the time.

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary! :)

I had my TA add our anniversary to our reservation for our August trip. We shall see if they do anything for our 5th anniversary of our DFTW.

You could pay to have a cake delivered to your room - but as far as free stuff I don't think you'll get anything different than anyone else who notes their anniversary celebration on their reservation.

we got married at a ritz carlton resort and got a free room and dinner on our first anniversary. I doubt disney even does that.

We had a WDW wedding in 2007, and have been back every year for our anniversary since then. We normally get the anniversary buttons and a few times we've received a free dessert or something, but mostly just well wishes from passing CMs. The only exception was our one year anniversary. We had some MAJOR things go wrong with our wedding, so we were blessed with a few free room nights as an apology (never asked for it, Disney insisted.) Just have a great time and any blessings will be a welcome surprise. If you go expecting something you'll very likely be disappointed.

you don't "get" anything "extra" just because you did have a DFTW? as others have said, noting what you are celebrating on your reservation leads to many congratulations and sometimes some pixie dust (usually small but fun). the buttons are really fun and they will give them to you if they know/are expecting you for an anniversary event. we've not experienced any venue anywhere at WDW or DCL specifically knowing that we had a DFTW or honeymooned afterward on DCL. the only places ever that really have known/acknowledged in any kid of what that we've been there before (and like knew something about us) are V&As and Remy (and those weren't wedding related per se).

1) There are no gratis events-activities-favors for previous brides.
2) They paid for an event, thus no further amenities are due or needed.
3) Just because the wedding or reception was expensive, it does not warrant additional service/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter