• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What does 72 degrees feel like?

emma'smom

<font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a
We leave for Disney on Friday and I am trying to pack. The problem is that it is -3 degrees (with a windchill of -17) right now and I can't even get my mind around what 72 degrees (prediction from weather.com) feels like...what to pack, etc.

So...help me out- What does 72 degrees mean to someone who can't even breath when she goes outside because the air literally takes your breath away?

It's going to feel wonderful to you I'm sure.
I would say shorts for days, pants for nights. Probably a light jacket or sweatshirt. We usually go in Nov. It's usually about 40 when we leave here and high 70's to low 80's when we get there. Although it has been known to be much colder here. When we get there it feels hot. By November our bodies have adjusted to the New England winters. We usually wear shorts all day. Shorts with sweatshirts at night. And most days we are able to go swimming.
Have fun and remember to the sunscreen, and stay hydrated.

We leave for Disney on Friday and I am trying to pack. The problem is that it is -3 degrees (with a windchill of -17) right now and I can't even get my mind around what 72 degrees (prediction from weather.com) feels like...what to pack, etc.

So...help me out- What does 72 degrees mean to someone who can't even breath when she goes outside because the air literally takes your breath away?

I will be leaving for Disney on Friday as well. :cool1: :cool1:
Have a great time.
Where will you be staying?

emma'smom, you must be in Michigan!! Kids are home from school, so we're home playing video games (DS got the new Wii yest) :happytv: and messaging on the computer :surfweb: ! Not sure the car's gonna start and the blower fan doesn't work, so we're pretty much stuck at home!

72 - Wow. Double wow! If I remember right, it's capri pants weather. Maybe a couple pair of shorts. Don't forget to check nighttime lows - you may still need jeans and coats at night. You don't need to pack your long johns and snowpants, though.

So, who needs company on their trip this friday? :woohoo::woohoo:

Ok, I know this will sound silly, but turn the heat up in your house until it's 72-ish and start trying on clothes (that's what I would do). I have a hard time remembering what that kind of weather feels like too. For me, though, low to mid 70's would be t-shirts and shorts, with the occasional pair of jeans thrown in. Maybe long sleeve tees and jeans at night.

We just got back from WDW on Saturday and its freezing here in Pa too, kids are home from school and NO-ONE wants to go out.

72 wasn't all that warm to us, Orlando was pretty windy especially near the water at MK & EPCOT. Don't get me wrong it was way nicer than PA but it wasn't really 'warm' except for the day before the storms blew through. We were able to swim a bit for 1 hour on Thursday but the clouds kept it really too cool to swim. 8 out of 9 days we wore lightweight cotton pants (capri OK too) with the same weight long sleeve t-shirts with fleece jackets. 1 day it got warm enough to put the jackets into a $5 locker at MK but most days it shifted between cool & comfortable so we would just wrap our jackets over our hips for an hour or so like everone else.

I would take a little of everything and hope for a few warm days. The wind & humidity defines how the day will feel not the temperatures.

HAve a nice time:thumbsup2

We here in the frozen tundra of Minnesota;), it was -10 on Sunday and that was just the air temp, feel your pain and envy you your warm up in a few days. I would go with the first post, summery clothes for the day, spring clothes for at night. I'd say you'll feel like your in a tropical heat wave very soon. At this point the 10 degrees we are supposed to hit tomorrow will feel like heaven to me:rotfl2:. Can't wait til we are down there on spring break:cool1:.

Have a fun trip.

To a Floridian 72 is bordering on cold. :) I would bring long pants for the evening and a jacket.

I live in Michigan too!! Just east of Traverse City. Today the temperature is reading right around 6 degrees (much colder with the wind chill!) We have not had school in 2 days because of the blowing snow and wind chill. :confused: I think 72 degrees sounds absolutely wonderful!! We went to Disney for the first time in January of 2005. It was in the high 70's and low 80's the whole week. :cool1: When we left Detroit it was 2 degrees!! I packed for just about everything. We wore shorts and t-shirts during the day, and shorts and sweatshirts at night. Pack some capri's and pants just in case, and soak up some sunshine for all of us!! Have a great trip!!:cool2:

Remember that if 72 is the high for the day and it will not reach that till late afternoon, and only hang there a short time in winter. I still vote layers. Light pants and a t-shirt and light jacket to shead or add as needed gets my vote. We hade some 70 days week before last at WDW and it was heaven!!!!!!

I'm in the frozen midwest (Wisconsin), we just got back on Saturday. It was high 60's, some lower 70's when we were there and we mostly wore jeans and t-shirts and early in the morning and evening we wore our sweatshirts. It was never really hot, 72 is comfortable.

We're in Ohio...and it is still cold! Schools are still closed!

I've packed several pairs of capris and short sleeve shirts. I'll throw in a jacket and maybe one sweatshirt and a few long-sleeved shirts.

I have several pairs of those "convertible" pants for my dd's, so they should be able to keep them long or short. Jackets and sweatshirts for them....DH is on his own for packing!

I just hope it doesn't rain too much!

Luvtogo12- We'll be at the Boardwalk Inn...Dh has a conference there. This means I''ll have dd2 and dd4 on my own...come on sunshine!

Sounds perfect.

The only thing I would add is one slightly large sweatsuit for everyone just in case the temps dip so you can put the sweatsuit on over your regular clothes and under your jacket for not too bulky warmth. I bring a set of long underwear for each of us too just in case. Usually this stuff just sits in the room but the one time I needed it I was sure happy I packed it all. We go to Florida from PA this time of year all the time and last year, 2006, was the only time we had to deal with a 40 degree highs with super high winds. We all wore long underwear, regular clothes, sweatshirts and our fleece jackets for 4 days out of 10. Two years before, 2004, a DF went the week before us and her whole family had to wear their winter coats the whole week but by the time we got there it was warm enough to swim.

The only thing predictable about Florida this time of year is that the temps will bounce around. Still, its my favorite time of year to go. I'd rather be mostly comfortable and occaisionally chilled than sweaty & crowded every day.

Have fun.

We're in Ohio...and it is still cold! Schools are still closed!

I've packed several pairs of capris and short sleeve shirts. I'll throw in a jacket and maybe one sweatshirt and a few long-sleeved shirts.

I have several pairs of those "convertible" pants for my dd's, so they should be able to keep them long or short. Jackets and sweatshirts for them....DH is on his own for packing!

I just hope it doesn't rain too much!

Luvtogo12- We'll be at the Boardwalk Inn...Dh has a conference there. This means I''ll have dd2 and dd4 on my own...come on sunshine!

Very nice. Have a great time. We are there for a cheerleading competition and staying at ASMO's.

72= perfect :cool1:

i'm in augusta, ga and it got up to around 55 today- which was warm enough for a shorts and tshirt run (in the sun, of course)!

everyone's suggestion of layering sounds like great advice!

have a great time! i'm jealous!!

Just got back today...the forecast was calling for low 70's for highs the rest of this week. We had highs in the 50's and 60's, lows in the 50's and 40's, and some rain.

I would not bother with shorts...especially if it gets cloudy or windy or a little rainy, it can feel much colder quickly, and of course, once the sun goes down, it gets very cool. We wore long pants, short sleeved shirts, and took a long sleeved t shirt and a jacket, and added layers as needed. They don't need to be heavy layers; 2 thin t-shirts will feel warmer than one heavy one.

It was 70 here today,

running errands in am I wore jeans, tennies, short sleeve t-shirt and light warm-up type jacket.

Afternoon on way to work,

Longsleeve cotton shirt, lightweight cottonblend slacks, and loafers.

I was extremly comfortable both ways. Wind was chilly in morning hence the jacket.

We are leaving THursday and will most likely be wearing pants/t-shirt with jacket or sweatshirt. You have to layer your clothes. Early am is chilly and when the sun goes down. You dont really have long with a high of 72.

if you have young ones that are in a stroller, they dont stay as warm because they are not walking or pushing a stroller. Keep them warm and have fun

I am in Michigan...2 days of bitter cold as well....school closings.....brrr...we leave on Valentine's Day (one week from today!). I have been reading the weather report daily...it is 59 degrees as I write this. So I assume I will need to dress warmer in the mornings and evenings.....of course my babes wll be napping at the warmest part of the day (1 pm-4 pm).....The receptionist at the Disney Hotel told my girlfriend to pack mittens ....just thought I'd pass that along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter