What do you wear...

CinderellyCinderelly

DIS Veteran
What do you wear in the parks? I hate my legs so I wore jeans last year, but I am looking into shorts this year. I see people in ALL kinds of things, but I was wondering what you all usually wear?

With all there is to see and do in WDW, NO ONE is going to be looking at your legs. (In fact, with the crowds, no one over the age of 4 could see your legs if they tried!) Wear shorts or capris, then don't give it a thought.

Trust me, the PP's right -- no one will see your legs! Too many people to look OVER to see where you're going!!

There's so many people of different shapes and sizes that no-one would give two hoots about your legs.

I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid if you had three legs!

I have a pasty white body, a belly and man-breasts (but shhh, don't tell) but even I have no qualms about getting my shirt off at the water parks. Some of the people there make me look positively athletic!

Wear shorts, be cool and to hell with it!!!!

And so what if anyone judges you by your legs (which I'm sure are fine!) - if people are that shallow, do you really care about their opinions? I wouldn't!

There's so many people of different shapes and sizes that no-one would give two hoots about your legs.

I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid if you had three legs!

I have a pasty white body, a belly and man-breasts (but shhh, don't tell) but even I have no qualms about getting my shirt off at the water parks. Some of the people there make me look positively athletic!

Wear shorts, be cool and to hell with it!!!!

And so what if anyone judges you by your legs (which I'm sure are fine!) - if people are that shallow, do you really care about their opinions? I wouldn't!

I just loved this advice!!!!

Last year I wore Jean shorts and had bought a type of nylon
strechable Hiking shorts from the Sports store.
The Jean shorts made my legs look fat and the Sport Store
Hiking Shorts made my Legs look the best (plus they were great for mosture-humitity)
so I'm going to purchase more of these next trip.
I also like wearing above the knee Disney Dresses, that are made of a strechable fabric
(I wear Water-wicking bike shorts under--so I can get out of ride with dignity--
the shorts help with moisture--so no heat rash)
These are very cooling in hot humid weather.

Yea, I'll agree with the pp's here. Do NOT worry about your legs!! Especially if you are going when it's warm / hot. Heck, even in the winter it'll get mid 70's. Be comfortable. Trust the PP's when they say, that WDW is one place that you wont have to worry about what you look like. There are as many types, sizes, shapes, shades, heights, widths etc as there are people there. And they are all there for one reason... TO have FUN!!!:cool1:

Thanks for making me feel more confident about my legs LOL! But do you all wear jean shorts? or sports shorts? Do most of you wear Disney gear, or just regular clothes? And the ever popular footwear debate....do you wear crocs?

Thanks for making me feel more confident about my legs LOL! But do you all wear jean shorts? or sports shorts? Do most of you wear Disney gear, or just regular clothes? And the ever popular footwear debate....do you wear crocs?

I usually wear shorts that have the strings that tie around the waist. I do have a pair of jean shorts, and sometimes where my khaki(sp) cargo shorts that have like 1,249 pockets in them. But usually the string tie ones are the ones I wear. Then either my websites shirt www.mousetrip.net or another WDW shirt.

wear whatever you are comfy in. When we went I wore some knit shorts from the Gap outlet (that I can't find anymore!!) and lots of tank tops!

I have thick thighs and I hate wearing jean shorts. They chaif if you get wet on a water ride. I've had the best luck with chino shorts from old navy and just regular tshirts or tank tops. I wear running shoes around the parks.

I agree that probably no one will care what your legs look like....and chances are they are not as bad as you think! I would LOVE to wear shorts..... when we went for our first WDW vacation in Sept. everyone in the family (except me) wore shorts/sundresses..... they never burn! I would love to show my legs as I think they look pretty good. ..... except that I would be burnt to a crisp...and knew that I could never enjoy the rest of my vacation. I planned ahead. I brought capris.....lightweight, non-clingy, capris. Also,,,,liteweight LONG sleeves..... )I have dealt w/this all my life so I know how to
prepare:rolleyes1 ) As soon as we got of the bus..I sprayed sunblock on ANY exposed areas...(SPF 45 :thumbsup2 ) wore a visor...and although we were there for 2 weeks,,, I never got so much as a burn or was uncomfortable! If this is not a concern for you then I say ...go for it and be comfortable..wear the shorts!

Personally, I HATE being hot in a pair of jeans. Even jean shorts. All those buttons, snaps, and zippers around the waist and your "area"....ugh....and let's not even get into how they make my thighs feel!

So I swear by cheap, smooth waistband, Walmart Danskin workout shorts. Pair it with a WDW shirt or a solid color shirt, and you look just fine. Champion also has a great line of athletic wear at Target that would do well too. I also wear twill capris (no "jean" styles, though).

I WISH I could wear my pajama pants. I wear those in the hotel and made some food court runs in them and DH was appalled! :confused3

But here's my quirk: I have to wear the "no-show" socks if I'm wearing tennies with my shorts or capris. I HATE how socks look on my ankles! :rotfl2:

I wear really comfy shoes and capri's! :goodvibes

I did buy a pair of Disney Crocs... I might wear them on our next trip down (I say might because A ~ I have not worn them yet and I don't know if they will be comfy and B ~ I still look at them and think "Hmmm, can I actually be seen in public in them! LOL!

I agree with all of the other posts... wear what is comfy for you! :thumbsup2

I wear really comfy shoes and capri's! :goodvibes

I did buy a pair of Disney Crocs... I might wear them on our next trip down (I say might because A ~ I have not worn them yet and I don't know if they will be comfy and B ~ I still look at them and think "Hmmm, can I actually be seen in public in them! LOL!

I agree with all of the other posts... wear what is comfy for you! :thumbsup2

I wore Crocs last year and loved them. Mine didn't take that long to "break" in. They are supposed to fit kind of big. If there is any place that you can wear a pair of Disney Crocs it would be at Disney!! :thumbsup2 Last summer when I went I would say that I saw more Crocs on people than any other shoe.

No one cares what you wear, honest. As long as your naughty bits are covered and nothing is hanging out where it shouldn't, dress as comfortably as you can.

As for me personally, I wear jeans because that's pretty much what I wear all the time anyway. Sometimes I'll wear capris, but they are still a light weight denim. I'll usually team them up with a Disney tee and a Disney baseball cap, and depending on the weather, a sweat jacket, sweat shirt or a heavier jacket. All Disney of course!

I don't wear denim down there--too hot and stays wet too long after water rides=too uncomfortable. I usually wear thin cotton shorts or capris with plain t shirts or tanks. Unless they are embroidered I don't wear the Disney T's. The ones with the plastic iron ons on the front are just too hot. As far as shoes I LOVE:cloud9: my Teva Mush flip flops. I wear Crocs alot around here and will occasionally carry a pair, but usually wear my Teva Mush about 90% of the time down there. I apply BodyGlide antichafing gel between my thighs and all over my feet, then apply a good 70+SPF sunscreen before I leave my room.

As the previous posters have said it is too crowded down there and everyone else is too wrapped up in their own vacation to even see what you are wearing. Besides you will never see these people again. If you are worried about pictures, make sure they are taken from the chest area up. Wear clothes that are comforable and cool.

I wore Crocs last year and loved them. Mine didn't take that long to "break" in. They are supposed to fit kind of big. If there is any place that you can wear a pair of Disney Crocs it would be at Disney!! :thumbsup2 Last summer when I went I would say that I saw more Crocs on people than any other shoe.

Thanks for the info! :) Yes, I guess it would be the ideal place! :rotfl: I have heard so many positives about the comfort level of Crocs, and even that they are good for people with knee problems, so when Disneyonline had a big sale before Christmas I bought three pairs (less that $15 a pair)! I am covered color wise (red, pink, black) so I should be able to coordinate! I am glad to see that they are comfy from your perspective and did not take a long time to break in. We are in Ohio, and it is to cold to try them out now but I plan to pull the pink ones out in the spring!:goodvibes

No one cares what you wear, honest. As long as your naughty bits are covered and nothing is hanging out where it shouldn't, dress as comfortably as you can.

:rotfl: I love your reply! You summed it up well! :thumbsup2

I honestly don't remember seeing anyone thats clothing got my attention last year, and as I use an EVC, and ride very few rides/attractions, I tend to tour the park and take in the surroundings.

I don't remember anyone standing out, with the exception of the cutest little girl... mom was at her whits end with her! :rotfl: It was apparent the three young girls had all went to the BB Botique, as all three had "princess hair" and were all dolled up, but two were in "street clothes" and one was in a Snow White costume/dress. She refused to take it off! She was much slower, mom's patience level was shot, sisters were aggravated, and the cute little princess... oblivious to all of that, head held high, and extremely happy! :goodvibes

I remember her, because she reminded me of what WDW is all about... joy, and magic, and marching to the beat of your own drum! :goodvibes

Just be comfy and don't worry... none of us care what you wear!

Depends on when you are going. We go in Jan so I usually wear comfy knit pants or light cotton pants. What about crop bants or clam diggers. most important....be comfy. You will never see these people again anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter