What do you wear on your feet?

If you all had to choose between Keen Newports and Birkenstock Arizona's, which would you choose? I like that the Keen's have toe protection (which I am afraid I will need during our Spring Break visit!), however I hear the Birkenstocks are very comfortable. Keen gets high marks for comfort too, but does it compare?

Love them both, but for wdw I would go with keens

I have been constantly questioning about what to wear on my feet for disney!

I live in flip flops( of all sorts) in the summer i am suprised so many ppl say they wear flip flops
I deinately want to look into the Teva Mush Flops (i had a pair of nike flip flops that sound like they might be similar loved those till my sisters dog ate the strap one day)

My plan is : 2 sneakers , 1 Flip Flop and rotate between def bringing flip flops for rain and water rides

I have a question for those of you that has Keen's I have a pair of Keen Newport H20 bought them a couple years ago before a vacation to St Lucia. They killed my right foot because my little toe seems to sit awkward on the right one and it almost comes out and it rubbed like crazy! Anyone else had this problem with their toe coming out the hole in the side? Anyone wear theirs with socks LOL? I wear them around the house to work in the yard all the time but I have to wear socks with them because this is the only way they are comfortable!
Was hoping someone had a solution!

I have Keen Newports too.....the pinky side of my foot did get blistered when they were new (but now that they are broken in and the bungee is well adjusted I have no problems). I think it just depends on the shape of your foot/ toes. I have brown with aqua pair and I wear brown socks with them if i'm wearing jeans/ pants, it just looks like the shoes have more brown :lmao:

They have a fairly wide toe box but DH who has double wides cannot wear them (he tried on a pair cause I liked mine and hated them). I have regular width feet.

Chaccos are comfortable and for me didn't take the break in period like my Keens. I want a second pair of those, but I like the Keens for a protected toe.:hippie:

My DH is really picky when it comes to shoes. He wears workboots, hikers, and tennis shoes. He has wide feat with high arches and its hard to find comfortable shoes for him. Trying to convince him to try a pair of Crocs but it may be outside his comfort zone. Can anyone recommend a stylish pair that offers arch support. Or maybe another brand?????

TIA

So when you guys say you change shoes do you just change pairs or do you wear a different brand all together?? I have several pairs of Tennis shoes but they are all the same brand. Will that work? :confused3

For us the trick is to change shoes often. We wear one pair in the morning, hang by the pool in the afternoon, and wear a different pair at night. I bring Tevas, Nike flip flops, sneakers, and sandals. Changing the pressure-points on your feet is key to not getting blisters. Enjoy :)

My DH is really picky when it comes to shoes. He wears workboots, hikers, and tennis shoes. He has wide feat with high arches and its hard to find comfortable shoes for him. Trying to convince him to try a pair of Crocs but it may be outside his comfort zone. Can anyone recommend a stylish pair that offers arch support. Or maybe another brand?????

TIA

Have you checked out the Crocs website? They have Crocs that don't even look like Crocs but since we've never tried anything other than the Beach style and flip flop style, I can't tell you whether they are as comfortable. They also have some Croc outlet stores...we have one in the Boston area (Fanuel Hall)....maybe you have one in your area so that your husband can look at them. My husband used to be very picky about shoes but after years of blisters he tried them on and has been wearing them to WDW for the last 5 years.

I have Keen Newports too.....the pinky side of my foot did get blistered when they were new (but now that they are broken in and the bungee is well adjusted I have no problems). I think it just depends on the shape of your foot/ toes. I have brown with aqua pair and I wear brown socks with them if i'm wearing jeans/ pants, it just looks like the shoes have more brown :lmao:

They have a fairly wide toe box but DH who has double wides cannot wear them (he tried on a pair cause I liked mine and hated them). I have regular width feet.

Chaccos are comfortable and for me didn't take the break in period like my Keens. I want a second pair of those, but I like the Keens for a protected toe.:hippie:

I have very small (5)narrow feet (exactly why alot of shoes dont work for me Crocs being one) so i know it is not that my feet are too wide for the shoe... Honestly looking at the Shoe it seems as if the open area on the right one where the toe comes out is too big... Could I perhaps not have the proper adjustment on the Bungee? I did tighten them down pretty tight while in St Lucia thinking that would help and i dont think i ever readjusted them. Well I started wearing them with socks around the house thinking i could break them ... and with socks they are comfy but i wore them for like 30 mins doing housework today to see how it worked out and my little toe felt like it was on fire so i had to take them off! Its such a bummer I would love to like them I like everything about them if that one shoe was only more comfortable and they werent cheap for sure! Good idea on the socks mine are grey and pink though sooo I dunno :( LOL i wonder if they make "nude" socks

Vibram fivefingers. Cannot say enough good things about them. Used to have horrible plantar faciitis and it's completely gone away. You have to wear them in, but I seriously will not wear anything else. Okay, well I'll wear tennies for my half marathon, and flats for work (no choice!), but otherwise, vibrams are it. Nothing beats the feeling of walking barefoot.

vibram_fivefingers_sprint.jpg

I bought a pair of these about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I LOVE them :love: I bought them to replace my sandals this summer (and so I could use them in Disney this fall :blush:), and I can't say enough good things about these shoes :worship:. I used to wear toe socks a lot, so having the fabric between my toes doesn't bother me. I thought they would be really weird feeling though, but they fit like a glove. I will need to "break them in", but I think that once my toes get used to being separated all the time (when not in work shoes) I should be ready to use them as my primary shoes in the summer. :thumbsup2

Yellow Box Flip Flops! A woman I worked with told me how great they were so I finally tried them out and I hardly ever wear anything else (I'm wearing a pair now). Last year on our trip I alternated between two or three pairs and wore tabi socks when it got a little chilly. For the first time I didn't have any foot problems.

I'll be taking my Yellow Box Jello C's and my OluKai Ohana's. I love my Yellow Box flips, but for some reason pretty much always wind up in my OluKai Ohana's. I've never found a more comfortable flip flop for my plantar fasciitis.:cloud9: I can wear my OluKai Ohana's all week without any pain. They're a little more expensive, but worth every penny. I have multiple pairs that I live in about year around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter