What do you think the issue was???

Mickey4me!

Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!
We just got back from a cruise and on the way down to Miami, we stayed 2 nights at BCV in a one bedroom. We have not stayed in the Villas here before and were anxious to try them. I made the reservations very last min and was surprised to get a one bedroom for Sat. 1/7 and Sun 1/8. Here's what happened:

We arrived in Orlando around 7:15 PM and made a stop at Earl of Sandwich before checking in (DHs idea, NOT mine!). We got to BCV at 8:45 and went to check in. The girl at the desk look at the computer, saw our reservation, then said "hold on a second" and went in the back. She came back over 5 min. later and said "I'm sorry but your room is not ready yet". Wow! It was 9:00 by then and she said it would only be about 15 min. and offered to pay for our dinner at B&C (which we declined since we had our sandwiches from E of S). I asked if there was a late check out or something and she just said "No. The room was scheduled for maintenance and we're just checking to see that it's been completed"

Well about 30 min. and many apologies later, our room was finally ready. Room 129 on the first floor. We headed over and I was glad to see that it was pretty close to the lobby. However when we opened the door, the smell that hit us was awful! It smelled like old cooking grease. Sort of like someone had been frying chicken or something. DH noticed that the sofa had a wet stain on the arm and side of the cushion. The worst part was the uncomfortable bed. It was so bad I could hardly sit on it, let alone sleep. I could feel the springs.

Since we were only there two nights and we knew they were booked, we didn't try to change rooms. I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks really happened. I think that they overbooked and that this room had originally been pulled out of inventory but our late arrival changed all that. I do know that going forward we will definitely plan on arriving earlier!

I think it was probably a maintenance issue that had caused the room to initially go out of service. It could also have had the carpets shampooed, and they were making sure they were dry. The computer system may not have gotten the "all clear" from housekeeping and someone was sent over to check or possibly remove the drying fans.

I am so sorry to hear about your "not ready room at 9pm" that is awfull about the grease smell, I am not sure if i could even put up with the smell. I agree about the beds at BCV, we stayed a few nights before our cruise dec.29-31 and then one night 1-7 to 1/8 at the bcv. the first half of the stay at the bcv we stayed in a studio 2 adults 2 kids. at 8 pm the first night dd went to pull the couch out and that couch was not going to open for nothing. we called maintence, they came down right away said yes the couch needs to be replaced, came back 30 mins with just the pull out part of the bed. I thought they would have just rolled out the couch and bring a new one, well the new pull out part did not fit it was to big for the couch. Again we waited another 20 mins then they came back and started to work on the couch once again finally about 9:45 we had a new pull out part and working . I cant believe no one complained before us, hmmm . The maintence cm did say that all the BCV sleeper sofas will be replaced soon with a newer sleeper sofa, i asked if they will be like ssr ones and he looked at me and said he was not sure but its a new type of mattress. I wonder if the new sleeper sofas will be bigger if the maintence cm brought back a bigger pull out bed. We love the BCV but the rooms are really looking run down.

We never tried the sleeper sofa, but I'm sure it was no better than the bed. I was just surprised how bad the king bed was in the master bedroom! Every other bed I've slept on at all the other DVC resorts has been fine. I even stayed in a regular Beach Club room last year on a business trip and it was the best bed I've ever slept on! I was just wondering if all the regular beds were like this?

We still had a good time and I will definitely give BCV another try.

I wonder if it is possible that they were over-booked and the only room they could offer was one that had been taken out of the usable pool for maintenance. If that was the case, they sould have explained that to you and offered you the chance to inspect the room. If you did not find it acceptable, they should have found other accomodation of some sort for you. Do let management know. Mistakes happen but they need to be aired so they won't occur again. Sorry you had a bad experience.

I wonder if it is possible that they were over-booked and the only room they could offer was one that had been taken out of the usable pool for maintenance.
I think this is exactly what happened. As I said, we were only there 2 days and not in the room that much. If we had been there longer, we definitely would have had to ask for another room. There is a definite advantage to arriving early!

Wow, that was marathon weekend and I thought all the DVCs were booked. I think someone made a mistake.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

All the mattresses of the king beds will be replaced this year. They are supposed to be amazing...we'll see.

:flower3:

Beca

Wow, that was marathon weekend and I thought all the DVCs were booked. I think someone made a mistake.
You could be right. I had originally called on Firday 12/30 and was told everything was booked. Before making reservations elsewhere, I called one more time on Tues. 1/3 and was told I could get a 1 bed at BCV or a studio or 1 bed at BWV. I was surprised they had anything at that late date.

Beca said:
Sorry to hear about your experience.

All the mattresses of the king beds will be replaced this year. They are supposed to be amazing...we'll see.

:flower3:

Beca

We had a very comfortable mattress our last stay at BCV in Oct.

Sorry to hear of your experience, Micey4me.

I hope they plan to replace sofas and mattresses sooner rather than later. This is about the 8th post I've read about the uncomfortable beds and mattresses at the BCV. It's discouraging to think that we may not be able to get a good nights sleep.

katallo said:
I hope they plan to replace sofas and mattresses sooner rather than later. This is about the 8th post I've read about the uncomfortable beds and mattresses at the BCV. It's discouraging to think that we may not be able to get a good nights sleep.

We had a 2 bedroom at BCV in November. There were 9 of us and no one complained about the sofa beds or the queen bed and our king bed was very comfortable. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter