What do you think of The Garden Grill

What do you think of The Garden Grill

We LOVE it! This one is going to get you some serious mixed reviews!

It is absolutely the BEST restaurant to meet characters at in all of WDW! You have Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Every time we've ever eaten here (at least half a dozen times) the characters have set down with us in our booth! Once Chip or Dale (I'd have to look at my pics) sat down with my DD for a good 10-15 minutes and exchanged notes on paper. The interaction is the BEST!

The food is very good IF YOU LIKE WHAT IS OFFERED! :)

You get flank steak (cooked however you want it but most of the time you need to tell them how! Otherwise it comes medium.)

Fried Catfish...sometimes this is delicious and crisp with a little kick to it. If it's not to your liking ask for a fresh batch. About half of the time I have to ask for "crispier" fish but if you like catfish it is TDF!

The other meat is Turkey I believe. I never eat it but have tried it. It was okay.

The veggies are the ones grown right their on The Land boat ride. I don't eat them but my hubby and most Dissers LOVE them. They look good!

The dessert is very good. I've had a berry pastry w/ a vanilla filling and a bread pudding at different times. Both were wonderful.

The kids is the same ole chicken tenders, cheese noodles, fries...but never once have we had a problem when my DD wanted to eat from the family platter. She's not much for the kids food.

The kids dessert is fun. They get to make their own cupcake with Gummy worms and all.

Food is good ~ nothing out of this World though!

The only difference between Lunch and Dinner is a salad!

If you go MAKE SURE you sit on the outer edge. The upper tables are tight and miserable! You don't wanna be up there!

This is one of the few places at Disney that offers sweet tea! A must for some of us, myself included!

I hope this helps! ;)

We were there on April 16, 2008 with a late lunch/pre dinner reservation. We were a party of 7 (3adults and 4 kids). We arrived a few minutes early and our wait was only 5-10 minutes. The hostess told us our server would be right over and he was. We were not rushed and the character interaction was good, not excellent. We did have a woman who kept coming over to us asking if each of the characters had come over.. And she did this for each and every character.. Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Goofy. Our server was very attentive but you could tell we were at the end of lunch and that they were preparing for dinner....

Our server brought the main meal and the childs meal over. (childs meal was placed on the kids table only) He also was attentive to the drinks and noticed if anything was low...

On to the meal critique...

Buttermilk biscuits and Yeast rolls with Honey-Orange Blossom Butter - Roll and bisquits were fresh but not warm.. I am a sucker for warm bread:lmao:

Flank Steak with Mushroom Cabernet au Jus - very tender except for the end where it was sliced. They could have taken off the silvering here. I did it for the table. Don't get me wrong. The meat was seasoned perfectly and the meat was very tender. Everyone enjoyed it.

Rotisserie Turkey with Cranberry Relish - Uneventful as I can't even remember if this was on the plate at all... Wow I didn't even notice that til now.. Oh well, I didn't miss it at the time.

Fried Catfish - Enjoyed by the adults, kids thought the battering was too peppery.. I ate more than anyone and the kids thought it was funny to make sure "Mom got another plate"

Homestyle Potato Casserole - Very good. I would have carb overloaded if I didn't feel so guilty. DH ate a whole plate of them himself..

Selection of Fresh Vegetables - The selection was green beans... Not to soggy or crisp. Good but not very memorable.

Kids selections: From the mouths of my babes:

Chicken Strips - very good. (I personally think DS12 ate too many of these)

Macaroni and Cheese - good, the kids said it was the usual Disney Mac-n-Cheese.

Potatoes or French Fries - They ate both. Each child had there Fav's but all ate potatoes w/ their lunch.

Fresh Vegetables - Green Beans 2 picky kids (mine) didn't attempt them but the other young children who seem to enjoy green veggies liked them.

Dessert:

Very Berry Puff Pastry - Translation - puff pastry with vanilla pudding inside and topped with very fresh strawberries. Not enough of this on the table and by this time the never ending refills and begun to stop...

Young Gardener's Special Treat. Cupcake (chocolate or vanilla) with various toppings. The cupcakes were dry but the kids had fun decorating them and eating the icing...

Hope that this helps!

We LOVE it!
This is one of the few places at Disney that offers sweet tea! A must for some of us, myself included!

I hope this helps! ;)

Are you talking about REAL sweet tea? I mean the good old Southern brewed kind. The kind you boil the water, put tea bags in, let brew, than add tons of real sugar to, while the tea is still hot? I didn't think anyplace but Columbia Harbour House had that sweet nectar from the gods.:cool1: I never order that nasty stuff WDW calls tea!!, but may have to make a trip to Garden Grill if they have the REAL stuff.

we love the place- we have never had bad service and the character interaction is awesome-IMO
I know some who have said it is terrible but we have eaten there many times and never had an issue-
we have asked the steak be a tad bit cooked more,the potato cassarole is so yummy:goodvibes
we have never had a rude wait staff-
we have had Chip tie Plutos tail in a knot,Dale try to steal my dessert, color with DD, and all kinds of other fun.
you have to like the food as PP said as it comes out family style- But you can ask for more and we have never had a long wait for seconds. instead of turkey it is baked chicken now and has always been good-
DD with Mickey and the chipmunks being silly with MIL & FIL 2 weeks ago- maybe i need to take pics of the food :)

A5-8-0829-1.jpg

b5-8-0830.jpg

c5-8-0811.jpg

I know there are usually mized reviews on the Garden Grill, but we love it! We go for lunch every time we visit and the character interaction is great!

It is another place we really like. The food is decent, love the rotating scenery and the character interaction here has been the best. (And this from 2 adults only!)

It is also one of the the 'less traveled' places, we have often called from the BW and walked over and sat right down!:cool1:

We ate there last October for dinner. Had a blast with all the characters. Chip and Dale were very playful with my then 8 and 6 year olds. We had a party of 4 and a party of 3. They sat us on the top part of the restaurant with tables next to each other. The potatoes are "to die for". Make sure you request a recipe! :woohoo:

We have been twice. We love the food especially the fish, steak, and potatoes. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the characters always seem to make it around 2 or more times. BUT we have never had good service. The servers seem to disappear. :confused3 I am sure that doesn't happen to everyone. I would definitely go.

Garden Grill is a must do for our family. We LOVE it. The food is always wonderful-- the steak and veggies are great-- and the character interaction is over the top. You get to see each character numerous times and Chip & Dale are so much fun. The shape of the restaurant creates a very personal expereince in that you only see a few tables around you. It's like being at a private party. The servers are great here too.

We went for the first time in March by accident. We lost our TS the night before due to our flight problems, so we had a extra TS and wanted to use it. I walked up to GG just to see if they had any tables available in 2 hrs for lunch and they did. The characters were great and the food was fantastic and there is tons to eat. The only problem that we had is my husband gets motion sickness and felt sick the whole meal. You barely if anything feel the restaurant rotate in a circle but my DH did:( so because of this we can't return.

We loved loved loved it. Get it? :laughing: Character interaction was great and the food was very good. Highly recommend it!

Are you talking about REAL sweet tea? I mean the good old Southern brewed kind. The kind you boil the water, put tea bags in, let brew, than add tons of real sugar to, while the tea is still hot? I didn't think anyplace but Columbia Harbour House had that sweet nectar from the gods.:cool1: I never order that nasty stuff WDW calls tea!!, but may have to make a trip to Garden Grill if they have the REAL stuff.

Yes!!! The real sweetened Iced Tea like you'd find at a GOOD Chick Fi La! ::yes::

We went back during Dinner and offered to buy more and the server gave us a cup. It was THAT GOOD! :)

The tea validation is very funny to another Carolina girl.

:lmao: Sweet Tea, the best non alcoholic beverage on Planet Earth! Ever tried it made the right way?

Duh, wait....you are the other Carolina girl. Aubriee was from Texas. Most of the South is given sweet tea in their baby bottle so of course you've had it. :)

I know that it works for others but we prefer to pass. We are not big fans of the "everything on one plate", family style meals.

We love it!

we do too :woohoo: ....

could not believe how fresh the fish and veggies were....family-style is a nice change from the usual character buffet...kids loved the chicken fingers, mac n cheese, and make-your-own cupcake...thought the character interaction was excellent....and our server was very good.

I have never eaten there but the smell of the place makes me nauseated every time I walk by it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter