What do you think is reasonable air fare?

2Tiggers

DIS Veteran
I am having a hard time booking air fare. It seems so unreasonable to me...1200.00 plus baggage fees. That is double what I paid last time we flew. Just my opinion. What's yours?

Where are you flying from?

$300 per person (I'm assuming return) sounds really, really cheap to me - but I'm Canadian, so I'm used to paying a fortune.

Where are you flying from?

$300 per person (I'm assuming return) sounds really, really cheap to me - but I'm Canadian, so I'm used to paying a fortune.

Yeah I am thinking if its pretty far away from WDW then $300 is not bad at all. It also depends on dates as well and the day of the week you are flying on.

Its costing me $200 a person to fly from Indiana to Florida in May, so not really peak time and I am leaving on the cheapest days of the week.

I am having a hard time booking air fare. It seems so unreasonable to me...1200.00 plus baggage fees. That is double what I paid last time we flew. Just my opinion. What's yours?

That really depends where you are flying from and when you are traveling.

Even if you are traveling from a city close to MCO $300 per person is still not outrageous especially if you are flying around a holiday.

I thought it was high. But we are flying in Jan from Phili on Southwest (nonstop) and it is $59 on the way down and $89 on the way home.

From Upstate NY, I will book anything around $300. Yes, most times I can get something cheaper, but low $300's is my limit. For Presidents' Week this coming Feb. I couldn't find anything under $450 for the dates and airports I wanted. I ended up booking into JAX for $277 and will have to drive over to WDW. The drive will be a pain, but the flights were almost $200 more per person.

From Upstate NY, I will book anything around $300. Yes, most times I can get something cheaper, but low $300's is my limit. For Presidents' Week this coming Feb. I couldn't find anything under $450 for the dates and airports I wanted. I ended up booking into JAX for $277 and will have to drive over to WDW. The drive will be a pain, but the flights were almost $200 more per person.

I agree with this. Anything between $300-$325 for a non-stop out of the northeast to Florida, I jump on. We're paying $228 in January, and we're paying $300 in February, and that's for President's Week. However, in February, we're flying into Orlando, renting a car, and driving down to Ft Myers.

Out of DTW, during the winter, for direct flights:

I consider anything under $300 to be more than resaonable, and anything under about $250 or so to be a great deal. This is airfare only, no extra charges. $1200 for four people, for direct flights at good times to escape the snow? No problem. Book it.

I am paying $3000 return for 4 people during March/Spring break and I thought that was outrageous until I posted on the Canadian Board and was told it was a fair price. I believe I paid $500-$1000 less last year.

I just jumped on a seat sale for my August trip and it cost me $2000 return for 4, but not direct and unfortunately connecting in Toronto (which I despise doing), but other airlines that I usually use is quoting me $3000+ return and then I have to pay for each piece of baggage.:eek:

Just hoping for a better rate for next year.

We pay 175-250 per peron (4 of us) for airfare from Tulsa to Orlando. I just watch it all year and get it when it hits that mark. If I were to buy it too soon it runs as high as $400.

Ours is usually $175-200 per person from Kansas City. Right now i'm watching flights for the end of April and that's just what they're running.

I always fly southwest. You can put in dates you would like to travel and then there is an option for flexible dates to show you the cheapest rates each day. If you find out later the fares have dropped, you can go to the website and "change" your itinerary for the same days and times and you end up with a credit that you can use for another flight. I like this option since I know I will use the credit. I generally end up paying between $150-$200 a person roundtrip non stop. I notice that their fares did not go up as other airlines have. I don't know alot about checked baggage as I always just bring carry ons. I know their website gives all that info though.

I booked this week from Milwaukee flying down on Saturday February 7th and returning home a week later for $138 a person on Continental. There are good deals out there you just need to be patient.

We have four people flying from Houston to Orlando on Continental in June and we paid 1298, so 1200 seems reasonable to me.

Flying SW out of Manchester to Orlando Apr 18-25 would cost me 625.80 pp/rt. I've been using SW for years for April vacation flights to Florida. We always paid around 200 pp/rt. As of last year, the prices went too high for us. I was on-line the day that the airfares for my dates were released back in Nov. 2008. They started at almost 400.00 rt/pp. Either we will drive down, or we just won't go. I know that airfare is expensive, but this is just too much. I am happy for people who can get the fares at 54.00, 78.00, each way, but it just doesn't work for us any more. I'm a teacher with no flexibility. I can see cheaper dates when I use the flex dates feature, but no luck. So I would consider around 300.00 reasonable now. Good luck with your search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter