I dont even know if this is the right board. If not, moderators, move it please. We are booked for ASMO and Poly for the last week in August. When we booked the trip a few months ago things were fine. Now that its almost time to make the final payment, FIL has gotten very ill. It looks like he may have a month left. Knowing our luck, the doctor will have hit the diagnosis on the nose, and a month from now is when we are supposed to leave for our trip. So my question is, if we pay off the room now and if God forbid something happened so we had to cancel, do you think Disney would refund our money? I realize it would be beyond the cancellation date, but do they usually refund under special circumstances, such as a death of an immediate family member? Im not even sure when the cancellation date is since Ive never considered having to cancel a vacation before. I always buy insurance when we do packages or even a cruise, but where this was room only, I never thought of it. Does anyone know what would be done? Would you just cancel now? Unfortuantely we cant postpone the trip because it is with other family members(my side of the family).