• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what do you think about this?

peterpa

Earning My Ears
I am a new member and do not yet know all the tricks about points. I just booked our first trip in August and needed 20 more points for our stay. I ended up just borrowing from next years points, but would it have been better just to rent those points for this trip? Just curious.

Jennifer

I prefer to use my own points for trips rather than get involved in renting from someone else. You maintain total control over your reservation. If next year, or some other time down the road you discover you are going to be short points and having nothing to borrow, then you might want to consider getting some rental points to flesh out a reservation. (Or, doing an add-on purchase.) ;)

I agree with PamOKW, why put out extra money if you don't have to. You already have so much invested in DVC. Just use the points available, even if you have to borrow from next year, and worry about renting points in the future.

We just pay cash for one of the weekend nights. If we found ourselves borrowing or paying cash frequently we would buy more points.

Some years we bank a few points, some years we borrow a few. Nothing to worry about IMHO.

As PamOKW posted, if it gets to the point where you can see you need more than you have, you can consider adding on. or skippinbg a trip to "catch up".

I wouldn't bother with renting for a small amount of points - there's nothing wrong with borrowing a few points every so often.

Best wishes -

Hey Mickeygolf:

Did you steal my signature? I guess great minds think alike!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter