What do you think about these for TS?

ashmarie06

DIS Veteran
My Boyfriend and I will be coming down in August 2012. I have been numerous times and have experienced the DDP. He however has only eaten at Crystal Palace for Lunch and Casey's for Dinner for 2 of our day trips. I have picked the following for our five table service meals. DBF is not a fan of breakfast at all, and love buffets. What do you think of my choices for a first timer?

Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare (my choice, won't change)

Lunch at 50's Prime Time (DBF loves dessert, and so far they have my favorite)

Chef Mickeys for Dinner (i've never had chef mickeys for dinner, only breakfast)

Dinner at the Garden Grill at Epcot. Never been to this one, and it doesn't look very fun :/

... i need one more! Any opinions? HELP!

Drop Garden Grill. You're at Epcot: there are lots of places to eat in World Showcase that would be much better. Pick one. Any one.(Not Coral Seas!)

As for your final ADR: do you want one inside a park or at a Resort?
My personal favourite is Sanaa at AKL.

I think I would consider Biergarten in EPCOT instead of Garden Grill. I love dining in the WS:lovestruc

I also like dinner at 'Ohana :woohoo:

Terri

since you will be doing two character meals I would also skip Garden Grill and hit one of the great restaurants on world showcase. Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, Biergarten (buffet), Chefs de France.

We love 50's prime time.

You might also try Ohana's that is a favorite with us or Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge, Tusker House is a buffet in animal kingdom that is supposed to be good. Hope you have a great trip.

I would drop Garden Grill at Epcot because you already have many character meals and go with Biergarten or Coral Reef they have very good desserts. Then for your other restaurant I would recommend Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Its a buffet and very yummy and has some really good desserts.

Is price a concern? If not, I would definetly do California Grill or Narcoossee's for a late dinner to see Wishes!

Drop Garden Grill. You're at Epcot: there are lots of places to eat in World Showcase that would be much better. Pick one. Any one.(Not Coral Seas!)

As for your final ADR: do you want one inside a park or at a Resort?
My personal favourite is Sanaa at AKL.

Either a resort, or EPCOT or AK. We aren't hopping this year. That way we can get the full experience of the parks without wanting to rush back to Magic Kingdom. :)

I would also drop Garden Grill and eat at the World Showcase. Biergarten is my favorite, followed by Rose and Crown.

For your last TS, I'd go to AKL and eat at either Boma or Sanaa. Boma is an amazing buffet and Sanaa is the best 1 credit TS on the dining plan.

You can see Wishes from Narcoosees but I think it's the worst of the 2 credit restaurants as far as food and atmosphere.

Another vote for Beirgarten at Epcot! Great atmosphere, good food and German beer, if you are into that! I would also highly recommend California Grill, especially if you are not going to the MK on this trip--you can still watch Wishes from there. We also love Boma and Sanaa!

We love both Boma and Sanaa. Keep in mind that viewing the fireworks from Narcoosees and the Cali Grill is not the same thing as experiencing Wishes from the MK. It's never been a factor in our dining decisions. We just dined at Narcosee's and the Cali this past week. Food and service were better at the Cali.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter