• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you take with you on black Friday?

Here is my big tip, shopping carts get in the way, are hard to get around and are often gone when you need one. Go to the isle with the big plastic trash cans with wheels on them and use to put all your purchases in. It is easier to use than a cart and when you are done just tell the cashier you don't want to purchase the can, that they were out of carts. I do this every year and it works great.

Also wear layers of clothes so if you have to wait in line outside you will not freeze and when you are running all over the store like a crazy person you can shed coats and sweaters so you won't roast to death, just pop them in your handy trash can/shopping cart and you are all set.

B Friday is always within a day or two of my birthday and I am so excited about B Friday I forget about my birthday!

I was going to take my dis-bag for a trial run, but after thinking about it, I'm just going to bring the essentials. This is what I'm planning:

Considering it's SOOOO cold outside, I'll wear a heavy but thin coat and gloves, gloves go in coat pockets.

In purse- wallet, keys, cell phone, hand sanitizer, ads of stores we're going to, and coupons.

Well I work at Wal-Mart so here is how I prepare: Wear steel toe boots, bullet proof underwear, drink heavily the night before, bring tylenol. Repeat over and over I get to leave by 2pm!!!!

My store is open 24 hrs so people don't hve to wit outside, they grab their carts (sometimes at 11pm the night before) and stand next to the item they want with their hand on the stack, waiting for it to be unwrapped! Oh the stories I could tell about BF. This will be my 18th year to work BF. Please be nice to the Associates ( I know all Disers will!)

Tracie

I love black Friday, although i have to admit that i am always done with my XMAS shopping before BF and I have nothing specific to buy. I have no idea why i enjoy getting up early and waiting outside in the cold for the store to open when i don't need to buy anything. I debated whether or not to do it again this year, but i know that i won't sleep anyway just thinking that i may be missing out on something. I love seeing people running in every direction while I go at my own pace. I guess it's just a tradition for me and the official start of XMAS.

Here is my big tip, shopping carts get in the way, are hard to get around and are often gone when you need one. Go to the isle with the big plastic trash cans with wheels on them and use to put all your purchases in. It is easier to use than a cart and when you are done just tell the cashier you don't want to purchase the can, that they were out of carts. I do this every year and it works great.

Also wear layers of clothes so if you have to wait in line outside you will not freeze and when you are running all over the store like a crazy person you can shed coats and sweaters so you won't roast to death, just pop them in your handy trash can/shopping cart and you are all set.

B Friday is always within a day or two of my birthday and I am so excited about B Friday I forget about my birthday!

:rotfl: :lmao:

Great ideas guys! I'm definitely going to take one of those IKEA bags with me this year, great idea!

Unfortunately, we don't have TJ Maxx around here but I wonder if Marshall's would have the mini VB hipster? :idea:

This whole Black Friday business seems like way too much work for me! :rotfl:

Just me and these wits! :rotfl: But seriously, I don't even bother with a bag. I just load up my arms with stuff, or grab one of the baskets (not carts). I never buy anything bigger than my arms can carry anyway! :lmao:

My Neice! She (20 yrs old) has no problem pushing her way to the back of the store to get that one Item I must have. She also has an eagle eye so when I think they are already out of something, she finds one tucked in a hiding place someone thought was safe.

Also bring my SIL who likes to put a tube of "butt rub" in my cart every year (at Target) so I walk around with it and don't notice until check out. Only worked the first time, now I know to look for it, but she's good for a laugh and keeping the spirits lifted.

This whole Black Friday business seems like way too much work for me! :rotfl:

I hear you. I did it one year and never ever again. It is so not worth it to me.
My best freind loves it and trys to talk me into it every year.

But if you go I would bring a nice bottle of booze :rotfl2:

our TRUs has a system. you stand in line to get in the door, get the cart, and the "line" weaves all thru the store to the registers, going down almost every aisle. I bring someone with me, we take turns one stays it the line and the other grabs the things we want. by the time we are thru the line we have seen the entire store. I don't know what happens if you are only going in for one thing though.

what a great idea!!! i'm gonna steal it!!! thanks@

I've been black fridaying for over 20 years and I never thought of that. I am definitely gonna do that this year. Last year I got crushed by my friends cart when the doors opened and people started stampeding as usual. GREAT IDEA!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter