What do you ship down before you go??

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!
I'm thinking of shipping a box of stuff down before we arrive. Since the new TSA regulations on carryone bags, and ME taking our luggage to the hotel for us, we won't be having access to much supplies. We are planning on going swimming once we arrive, and I don't want to have to pay resort or airport prices on Sun Block, so I was thinking of shipping some down to arrive the day before we check in. Also maybe a box of Muffins/Poptarts for a quick breakfast. Anyone else ship stuff down before you arrive?

Also, can i have a box sent home also?

Jennifer

We overnighted a few boxes to the GF two days before we left. I called the resort before I did this and they told me how to address the boxes and make sure we had our reservation number on it. I was able to confirm that my boxes were delivered to the GF before we even left for Disney, so that made me feel better that all was fine. When we checked in we were told our packages were there and the bellman brought them to our room. It was REALLY easy.

Also, we printed out pre-paid shipping stickers for our boxes for when we came home. We just put the postage stickers on the boxes (the front desk gave us packing tape to reseal the boxes) and they made sure the packages were picked up and shipped out. If you don't want to or can't print postage at home prior to leaving for vacation, I know we were told that the GF could send it UPS for us and we just paid at the front desk before we left.

We always ship a few boxes down for our summer trip. Since we are staying for 2 weeks I need a ton of stuff! I ship down - dds' princess dresses and accessories, our water spray/fan bottles, ponchos, the kids stuffed animals (except the "lovey" ones), spray and wash wipes, suntan lotion, Bath and body anti-bacterial soap, first aid kits, kids goggles, watertight money holders, and anything else I can think of.

has anyone ever shipped soda? I am assuming cans would not work maybe small bottles. I am a Pepsi freak and they only have Coke products

We did this for the first time last year after I read about so many people doing it and it worked slick. I was able to ship down all this stuff that just takes up space and weight in the suitcase and since so many airlines are charging for more then one bag now and extra weight I highly recommend it. It also solves the liquids issue. We shipped down the following-
Pull-ups
sun tan lotion
shampoo
toothpaste
film (yes we still use film cameras)
snacks we could take into the parks
breakfast items since we almost always eat in our room
batteries
ziplocs
Tide to go sticks
travel handy wipes so we can wipe down the tables at the CS places since you are usually grabbing them from someone the minute they get up, and hands if necessary
small travel bottles of Purell

I went to UPS and asked them how many days it would take them to get it there and then gave my self a 4 day window in case of weather or other issues that might delay it. I lined the box in plastic so if it got wet from the outside it wouldn't get anything inside wet and of course put the toiletries in ziplocs so they wouldn't leak into the food. We took one pull-up for the first night since she only wears them to bed, in case our box didn't make it to play it safe. Our box was in our room before we were. If you are thinking of this I definitely recommend it. You can also have stuff shipped home. We do this with the items we purchase at the end of the trip. It is helpful if you have some breakable items because they pack the stuff and guarantee if something breaks it will be replaced. Keep all your receipts if you do this because they require it. This was a much better deal a few years ago, but it does still save time. I am not sure about shipping home your personal items though. I usually leave behind anything that we don't need. If we have left over food. lotions, travel items, I just leave it in the room and leave a note for the maid telling her she can keep it. I figure most of these items I can easily get at home again and it's just to much of a hassle to bring it back home.

Pull ups!! Good one, that is a huge space in the suitcase freeed up!

I like the idea of shipping down all the bathroom stuff. so much less to worry about the morning we leave!

I am a big believer in gardengrocer.com. You can order your pull ups from them, as well as food of course. I was even able to order Yo-baby yogurt and fresh bananas of varying ripeness. The price for delivery is very fair and they will deliver right to your room or the desk will hold it if you haven't checked in yet. They have Pepsi too!
As for suntan lotion, I bought travel sizes from target and packed them in my carry on. You'd be surprised how many small size things they offer since the new rules. There is an entire section for it now. I also brought single use wipes that had suntan lotion on them...they were great!
I just think this saves me the hassle of shopping and shipping...worth a look:)

This is our first trip on property and flying. We hae a infant so some things jsut need to be shipped. Most of our items we are shipping will not be coming back too so no need to worry about getting them back.

drinks(small gatorade)
snacks(crackers, chips, raisins...ect)
breakfast foods
candy
glo thingys from the $1 store
diapers
wipes
babyfood
gum
rain ponchos
Princess dress
battery charger

I would ship my toiletries but we will be bringing most of it back with us and I do not want to have to worry about having room.

Our box is BIG! 53lbs!

Jackie

I have a box in the corner of my dining room for items we ship to the resort, so far we have in it:

Diapers
Baby Wipes
Flushable Wipes
Cereals in the bowls
Breakfast Bars
WW Muffins
Disney Fruit snacks
Chips Ahoy Cookies
Gold Fish Crackers
Mini Teddy Grahams
Elmo Crackers
Apple Juice Boxes
Crystal Lite To Go
Gum/Mints
Laundry Detergent
Fabric Softener Sheets
Quarters for the laundry
Clorox Wipes
Ziplock bags
Trash bags
Room Air freshner
GermX Hand Sanitizer
GermX Wipe

And anything else I'll throw in from now to June.:rotfl:

Just remember that the box will be delivered to your room after you check in and your room is available. You must be in the room to get your box.

I use UPS and my last box was about 30lbs and cost around $15 for 5 day ground. I ship it exactly one week from our arrival and it was there in 4 days, 2 days before us.

Make sure to use the resorts street address (I found it on allearsnet.com) and write "Hold for guest: Arriving on:" I made sure to place signs on all 4 sides of the box, just in case it was stacked inside the luggage room it would be easy to find. I also made signs "This end up" just because I packed everything so nice ;)

One thing we realized on our last trip, I used so much packaging tape that once the box was in the room I couldn't open it!:rotfl: We had to use the safe deposit box key to open the box!:lmao:

I also order 2 cases of water from Staples. com.

This is a GREAT idea. I would have never thought of this on my own. Has anyone had a problem withe the box getting crushed or lost? :scared1: That would be my luck. So I just pack a box and ship it to the hotel? What is the best way. UPS?:confused3

This is a GREAT idea. I would have never thought of this on my own. Has anyone had a problem withe the box getting crushed or lost? :scared1: That would be my luck. So I just pack a box and ship it to the hotel? What is the best way. UPS?:confused3

I used USPS because they were faster and cheaper, but that really depends on how heavy and large your box is. I would definitely use a method of shipping that allows you to track the progress of your package (not just delivery confirmation). No issues for me with crushed boxes or lost ones. Definitely give the resort you are staying at a heads up that the box is coming-especially if it is unusually large.

I love the ideas from the others for shipping. When we went in February.. we packed all our water bottles. My husband and I are big water drinkers. We had enough for the entire week. It was great. We also packed all our breakfast foods... cereal bars... small boxes of cereal .. plastic bowls... utensils.. it was so great to have this stuff alrerady there!

We will be staying off-site at an apartment we rented. Does anyone know if I can ship boxes via UPS and pick them up at the UPS store?

We ship EVERYTHING to our hotel 3 business days from our date of arrival via DHL! I walk on the plane with my purse and that's it! My husband and boys love it. When we leave I just take the boxes to the front desk and they ship them home for me! The hotels do not use DHL to ship so I ship our boxes home via UPS Ground. Works fantastic!! I do not think I'll ever travel with luggage again.

We will be staying off-site at an apartment we rented. Does anyone know if I can ship boxes via UPS and pick them up at the UPS store?

You can probably have it shipped to your hotel. Disney is not the only place that allows shipments for guests. Call your hotel and ask!

You can probably have it shipped to your hotel. Disney is not the only place that allows shipments for guests. Call your hotel and ask!

Opps Sorry! I didn't read your post all the way. I saw off-site and assumed hotel.
I would imagine you could ship it to another UPS store and pick it up there.

I have not shipped anything, but these are all great ideas.
I did want to tell you though, that you can claim your luggage and take it with you on ME (the driver will put in under the bus, please remeber to tip accordingly). So in regards to your statement about suntan lotion on swim suits, just pick your bag up before getting on ME (dont put the tag in it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter