What do you sacrifice for Disney?

I joke with people but it really is no joke that we don't smoke, drink, or use drugs :tongue: We also don't buy each other presents or even cards anymore. A two birthdays, Christmas, anniversary, and Valentine's Day cards and gifts could really add up so we save our money for travel and making memories.

Yes! I forgot that one! We don't buy each other gifts/cards for any occasion either! Saves a ton of money and a vacation is what I really want anyways :hyper:.

I don't feel like I "give up" anything. I give myself 10 dollars a day of running money to go get lunch, Starbucks, ect. Sometimes I use it.. Sometimes I don't. That money comes from gratuity. Anything over the 70 a week, I put in a cookie jar for a later date. I also work in a salon so I don't pay for any lux services like nails, hair. I'm currently trying to pay off debt that I accumulated last year so my Disney budget is extremely tight.. I will be packing lunches for the park, but packed lunch in the park is better than not going to Disney at all!

we make do with what we have, buy used when we can, and live frugally. it's not really sacrificing for vacations tho, it's living within our means so our bank account can take a hit when we do want or need something.

*I stock up on clothes for my kids once it goes on clearance at the end of the season (winter, summer) one size larger. My kiddos are small and I take advantage of Target deals.
*we no longer have cable or satellite service, we use Amazon, Netflix, HBO and Hulu
*I have become an excellent couponer, I now pay cents instead of $$ on all non food items
*Eat out once a week, usually on the weekend

These changes were not only made for Disney, but for other vacations or emergencies too. We realized how much goes towards things we don't need. We'd rather splurge on our planned trips or be able to take short notice trips.

I think another thing is if you never had some bad financial habits you may not feel like you sacrifice. Once you cut back and it becomes a habit, you don't feel it. I never got into weekly manicures and do my own pedicures as I hate the salon ones. I started dying my hair only when I went grey and my mum does it for free. I taught myself how to style my own hair various ways over the years so my wedding was the only time as an adult I had a professional updo. For some women having to give up manicures and hair salon appointments would be a sacrifice.

I like in the NYC area and many young people have to make sacrifices just to live here & work here as they simply can't have it all (weekly manicures, lattes 3 times a day , nights out, and exotic vacations). Sex & the city lied to us.... big time! Its always interesting to see what they give up in favor of other things.

I am sacrificing Disney itself because I can't wait another year to save up and stay on site. I will give up that luxury to go in 2018. Because this costs so much, this may be the only family trip before all the older kids leave home.

If it were cheaper, Disney would actually get more money from people like us. I could afford to go more often or for more days at a time and would spend more money in the park on several visits that I would for a just once thing. I'd certainly eat more food.

Free time. I'm am ER RN and overtime is plentiful. One extra shift can easily bring in a few hundred, so that's how we save for our trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter