• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what do you regret not buying in WDW

I wish I would have bought a music box from every trip. I didn't know in 2000 that I would be fortunate enough to have almost yearly vacations after that, but every time I go into the shop at MK and see the music boxes I wish I would have started in 2000.

ps: I do have over 75 pins and I absolutely love every one of them!!!:love:

An Alice in Wonderland long sleeve shirt in 2004...Had it in my hands like 3 times but spent the money on my DD instead. Looked high and low here in DL and DCA but I guess it was just a WDW item. This year I am planning to buy anything Alice that catchs my eye so I won't regret it and give my DD a budget of her own!!!

Do you remember how much that monorail costs? I would love that!!

The monorail was $70 about a month ago... Guess what DS asked Santa for??? ;) It is really nice and comes with several tiny characters that can sit in the monorail. It also does part of the announcement welcoming you to the Magic Kingdom - very cute!!! And very big - I hadn't even though about putting it around the tree, but we'll do it next year! :thumbsup2

I kind'a want a Pal Mickey but by the time i wanted to buy it, our trip was almsot over, and I couldn't justify it! I may get one the FIRST day of our next trip-thought it'd be fun!

What??? Where do I go to find this charm? My DH wanted to buy me something during our December trip and this would've been the perfect gift for me!

I saw it in the MK at a couple of shops, one on Main Street. I can't remember the name of of the shop, but I think it was on the right hand side near the end of main street. I think that it was either a pin shop or a jewelry shop. I think a pin shop. But my guess is that if they still have it, it would be at just about any jewelry shop or at WOD in DTD.

I got the California one for DD, and wish I would've gotten the Florida one, too!

I regret not getting a Mickey Mouse head purse at Disneyland Paris. Mickey's head is a sphere, so are his ears. It wasn't very expensive, maybe 15 Euro, so $20. When I returned I e-mailed to see how much it would cost me to have it shipped, but by the time I paid shipping it was more than I wanted to spend. It was sooo cute. Hopefully WDW will get them.

I regret not getting a set of ears :earsboy: from each visit. Hindsight being 20/20, it would be neat to have them with the year stitched on the back instead of the name. I may back track and get the previous years while I am there in October. It won't be quite the same, but they will still make me smile when I see them.

I regret not getting the ride photo at the end of EE. Going up the hill on EE, my 12 year old was making fun of all the other nervous riders- well, when we viewed his picture- he looked more scared than anyone. Wish I would have bought it. I had said the line was too long. Go figure.

The Mickey Pizza Cutter. I got the ice cream scoop and the whisk, but I forgot the pizza cutter. Every time we have pizza my son reminds me. I will pick one up in a couple of weeks when we go back, it's on the top of my list along with mickey macaroni.

I saw this pizza cutter at the World of Disney in NY when I was there in December.

I'm taking my daughter on a day trip to American Girl Place so when we stop by the disney store, I might pick one up.

quiltymom: Thanks for the info. Now I know exactly where to send my DH for a special souvenir for me on our next trip. ;)

A Mickey waffle iron. The past 2 times I went, I should have bought it. The first time I decided to wait, incase I just wanted to have it shipped home, but I forgot. The second time we were on a tighter buget. I will be getting it this Friday, no doubt! Every time I make pancakes, I wish I had gotten the silly waffle iron. And DH has to hear about it every time! LOL :laughing:

DH wishes he had gotten himself the backwards Goofy watch.

One more thing, I actually didn't see this at the parks, yet, but apparently at R'nR coaster there is a black and sliver guitar purse (on the new WDW DVD). I have to get one!

I purchased this a few months ago when it was on sale at one of the websites. I saw that in Disney and fell in love but didn't have the extra money at the time. Knew I wouldn't be going back for a long time so I broke down and ordered it last year.

I regret not buying the wizard Pal Mickey. Maybe I'll get one this time. I also really wanted that YOAMD pin lanyard but those aren't for sale :sad2:

Widerness Lodge Lincoln Log Set

It would have been perfect as a Christmas Gift for our DD9 as we were there this past holiday season. We just didn't know how to do it without her noticing so we let it go. (One of us should have just bought it and taken it straight to the car in a bag to hide it!) It was her first time at WDW! We :love: the WL!

A cookbook. I had a hard to find cookbook in my hands in 2005, and because I was feeling guilty for how much I was spending, I put it back. ARRRR!! I am just sick about it now.

A Dumbo shirt that was for sale at the Polynesian. It was sleevless, and I was in an "only shirts with sleeves" stage. Well, I can't seem to find another Dumbo shirt anywhere.

I have come to harsh realization, if you want something, get it. You can usually always return it, but you can't always find it again.

I like the magnet from each resort idea. I guess that means I'm going to have to visit each place.

A cookbook. I had a hard to find cookbook in my hands in 2005, and because I was feeling guilty for how much I was spending, I put it back. ARRRR!! I am just sick about it now.

I have come to harsh realization, if you want something, get it. You can usually always return it, but you can't always find it again.

AMEN to that! I only purchased one of the two Disney cookbooks my last trip, and was kicking myself when I got home that I didn't get the other! It took three trips to Disneyland (my family lives in CA so it's easier to get to DL when we visit them!) to finally get the other book. I was thrilled that it was still in print! I've got four of them now.

One of my favorites is the Disneyland Cookbook that I purchased over 25 years ago - it has the best recipes in it, as well as having photos from DL from when it was still young! Imagine seeing the Jungle Cruise with small plants and trees! It's pretty funny.

The other thing (I keep remembering these things!) I didn't get that I regretted was a Love Bug model kit. I saw it in MGM after the backlot tour and thought I would see it again. Not! That's when I realized that if you see something, - buy it! But I did find it last year at a model railroad show AND it was only $2.98!!!! Go figure!

(Sorry about overdoing it with exclaimation points!)

Mickey head cookie cutter. I'm,sure my kids will remind me again in December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter