What do you recommend from the Sanaa menu?

irvinehouse

Earning My Ears
We will be going there for lunch. I love curry, DH doesn't. I know I'd like a curry type meal (but not sure which one). I think I've heard good things about the Buttered Chicken??? Anyway, I'd love to hear what your highly rated items were.
Lisa

I've had the buttered chicken, durban chicken and basmati rice. I thought it was very good. There were 5 of us in the group and everyone was very pleased with what they ordered. The bread service was also very good.

Thanks to the Sanaa Cultural Tour, we made a dinner reservation during our last trip. The chef we spoke to during the tour recommended the butter chicken. I ordered the butter chicken and enjoyed it. My DH and DD ordered the Durban Chicken and the Tandoori Shrimp. Both were delicious. To be honest, I was hesitant about making a reservation. I was concerned I would not like any of the choices. We enjoyed all of the dishes we tried and would go back on future trips.

DH and I love Sanna and is one of our favorite restaurants. We enjoy the durban chicken, short ribs, and curray chicken and shrimp. The tandoori chicken is good and allows you to use as little or as much sauce as you wish because it is on side. My sister can have no spice at all and thought the steak was wonderful.

On our last trip we eat there twice; we typically stay a Kidani and just walk in with no ADR. First time we ate there we had tandoori chicken and shrimp. second time we wanted to try something different and waiter recommended the pick 2. We could not decide what to get so he brought samples of each one to our table. They were all very good but had definite spice to them.

We have only eaten there once but I remember that we loved the dip & bread trio appetizer and we did not like the tandoori items (chicken and shrimp.)

The "slow cooked in gravy" is great. I like the green curry shrimp and the durban chicken the best. The short ribs are good too!

Our waiter recommended the breads and, after a detailed explanation of each of the dips, we empowered him to simply bring us his personal favorites. Each was tasty, with a couple of them outstanding.

We went to Sanaa on our arrival night in what was a spur of the moment decision, and we thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere. Try to get a table by the window and then sit back and enjoy the show.

My family has eaten dinner there four times.
My recommendations:

Naan bread appetizer

Tandoori chicken

I recommend having wine!
They have a great selection of African wine flights!!!

My sister and I tried Sanna last year during one of our stays at Jambo House. We are not adventures eaters and were extremely nervous about trying it. Our meal was fantastic! We both did the pick 2. I picked the Durban Chicken and Green Curry Shrimp. My sister got the Durban chicken and short ribs. We are planning on staying at Kidani next October with our parents and brother. We will definitely be making some reservations for Sanna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter