What do you recommend at FQ foodcourt?

Dana_Buckley

Mouseketeer
What is good and what should I stay away from at Sassagoula Floatworks? Will be staying at FQ in January with 3yr old DS & MIL. Checking in around 4pm, so will grab something to eat here before heading to MK for a few rides & Spectro that night.
Thank you!

We have stayed at POFQ in the past, but haven't been there since it closed and reopened. We will be back there this December. I have had all the the main food court items: pizza, hamburgers and chicken. They are all very good. I love WDW chicken fingers.

I have never had a bad breakfast there. They do the standards. I usually don't like bacon unless its very well done and I haven't had a bad piece of bacon yet! I really liked the french toast, and I think that I saw on Deb's site they have choc. pancakes, so I can't wait to try that.

I am not much into the cajun food that they serve there, so I can't help you there.

You MUST try the beignets, or however you spell it. They are wonderful.

Again, this was before they closed, but in 2000, one of my family's favorite items to order were the "Burger Buddies". This was on the child's menu, but they let everyone order it, including myself, my mother and my husband. It was 2 small hamburgers and very fresh, very hot, french fries. It was a perfect meal or even snack!! I also thought the Chicken Gumbo was excellent-Very southern and very spicy!!

GOOD NEWS!!! We just returned from our stay at POR. While there we zipped over to the FQ to check out the new food court. Thumbs UP!! We hated the old food court. Much improvement here. On the same level of the food courts at the All Stars now (which are the best food courts on property). One window you can get Italian dishes (Pizza, pasta, etc.) one is the standard burgers, cheesesteak, chicken; one is the bakery; and one is the fresh salads, fresh made to order subs and wraps, soups. Dinner the menu changes slightly to have dinner choices to include sliced meats (turkey, roast beef) and includes sides of vegies and real homemade dinner choices. Some cajun types choices too. So this is a great improvement on a terrible food court once upon a time. We still miss Bonfamilles, but this helps now. A great choice for lunch over the food court at POR. We bounced between the two many days. We did breakfast at Boatwrights Dining Hall at POR. We are not fans of the breakfasts out of the food courts. The prices are similar between the restraurant and food courts for breakfast. There is a shuttle van now that will take you to the restraurant from the FQ to POR.

the breakfast pizza at POR was the best egg dish I ever had. If they have it at FQ, highly recommend it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter